PDA

View Full Version : Coman

msstate7
09-13-2016, 08:03 PM
@davidbrandtAP: Mississippi State safety Kivon Coman was asked why it's so hard to play in LSU's Death Valley at night. His response: "It's not."

Good job, senior

TrapGame
09-13-2016, 08:05 PM
That's what I like to hear.

preachermatt83
09-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Good thing he can talk smack... Now cover someone.

Todd4State
09-13-2016, 08:43 PM
From having been on the field at LSU I think it just feels claustrophobic. You have the sideline, a small track and then a chain link fence separating you from 100K cajuns. It feels like they are right on top of you.

But I will say I think the mystique there or whatever you call it does get into the heads of a lot of their opponents and the last time we played there we were VERY loose. I think that is a key.

Harrydawg
09-13-2016, 08:58 PM
Most of these guys have played there and won.......should have beat them last year. There is no reason why our team shouldn't be confident in this match up......certainly not intimidated

Jack Lambert
09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
From having been on the field at LSU I think it just feels claustrophobic. You have the sideline, a small track and then a chain link fence separating you from 100K cajuns. It feels like they are right on top of you.

But I will say I think the mystique there or whatever you call it does get into the heads of a lot of their opponents and the last time we played there we were VERY loose. I think that is a key.

Having real bullets land at my feet I say they are all *****s.

lamont
09-13-2016, 10:29 PM
I love that

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2016, 10:46 PM
The key to playing in Tiger Stadium is taking a punch and responding. Just like when Dak fumbled in the 3rd quarter in 2014 and we responded, Fitz must be able to respond when he takes a punch.

It's not so much that Tiger Stadium is tough to play in, but it does reveal some character

msbulldog
09-14-2016, 06:11 AM
I hope Fitz marches it right down the field and scores, taking the crowd out early. The corndogs ain't real happy with Lester right now. If we score early, they may just go to drinking heavier. Scoring early sure helped us in 2014.

bulldawg28
09-14-2016, 07:32 AM
This was a stupid comment by Coman. You don't poke a sleeping giant. All of those disgruntled fans will more than likely ban together and this may wake their team. Coman sucks way tooo much to make these kinds of statements. Hopefully a miracle happens and he for once makes plays to back this talk.

We had a eerily similar situation with LSU in 2010 and the players go and stomp on the "tiger eye" in the middle of the field. LSU was struggling and we woke them up.

LC Dawg
09-14-2016, 07:38 AM
I love that Coman said that and I don't see it as talking smack. The last time he played down there the Bulldogs kicked that coonass ass and that place emptied out faster than a Vaught Hemingway halftime stampede to the Grove.

FISHDAWG
09-14-2016, 07:44 AM
This was a stupid comment by Coman. You don't poke a sleeping giant. All of those disgruntled fans will more than likely ban together and this may wake their team. Coman sucks way tooo much to make these kinds of statements. Hopefully a miracle happens and he for once makes plays to back this talk.

We had a eerily similar situation with LSU in 2010 and the players go and stomp on the "tiger eye" in the middle of the field. LSU was struggling and we woke them up.

no - THIS is a stupid comment .... aside from Charles Mitchell how far back do you have to go to find a good safety for MSU ... we aren't known for them. I love what Coman said and damn the torpedos - full speed ahead .... we know we are likely to get beat anyway - screw the attitude you just put forth

PMDawg
09-14-2016, 07:48 AM

Boy I hope their fans don't "ban" together and beat our team!!! smh

bulldawg28
09-14-2016, 07:56 AM
no - THIS is a stupid comment .... aside from Charles Mitchell how far back do you have to go to find a good safety for MSU ... we aren't known for them. I love what Coman said and damn the torpedos - full speed ahead .... we know we are likely to get beat anyway - screw the attitude you just put forth

Nickoe Whitley was a better than both. Heck McLaurin it's better than Coman. We'll see how he backs it up Saturday.

bulldawg28
09-14-2016, 07:57 AM
Boy I hope their fans don't "ban" together and beat our team!!! smh

Coman had better hope the team bans together and plays 4 Qtrs.

thf24
09-14-2016, 08:09 AM
Nickoe Whitley was a better than both. Heck McLaurin it's better than Coman. We'll see how he backs it up Saturday.

Our fans bashed Nickoe constantly his last year for giving up plays right and left, saying his injuries rendered him no longer SEC caliber. While he did lose a step, in most of these instances in which he was criticized he was simply the one who had made the tackle after someone else had missed an assignment (not coincidentally, we'd also lost two NFL corners from the year before). I suspect it's much the same with Coman. Coaches wouldn't keep heaping praise on a guy who's as worthless as most of this board makes him out to be. And no, McLaurin is not better than Coman right now.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2016, 08:14 AM

I knew at least one loser MSU fan would show up in this thread.

Who gives a sh&@ about LSU fans?

Dental Dawg33
09-14-2016, 08:31 AM
I love that he said it. I like seeing confidence. Screw this pu**y mentality that bc it's a night game in scary Death Valley and they have LSU on their jersey we should just go ahead and make excuses about why we will lose. Go out there, play loose and punch the coon asses in the mouth.

bulldawg28
09-14-2016, 08:31 AM
Our fans bashed Nickoe constantly his last year for giving up plays right and left, saying his injuries rendered him no longer SEC caliber. While he did lose a step, in most of these instances in which he was criticized he was simply the one who had made the tackle after someone else had missed an assignment (not coincidentally, we'd also lost two NFL corners from the year before). I suspect it's much the same with Coman. Coaches wouldn't keep heaping praise on a guy who's as worthless as most of this board makes him out to be. And no, McLaurin is not better than Coman right now.

The coaches praise Coman for his intelligence not playmaking ability. Whitley made plays.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-14-2016, 08:34 AM
He can only go by personal experience. The 1 & only time he played a night game in Baton Rouge it wasn't tough. Half the crowd was gone before the 4th qtr had even started.

bulldawg28
09-14-2016, 08:35 AM
I knew at least one loser MSU fan would show up in this thread.

Who gives a sh&@ about LSU fans?

Lol...Call me a loser and I'll call you slow for not understanding. There is a connection with atmosphere and energy from players. Louder pumped up crowd equals more energy to LSU's players. I'd rather see this comment from someone whose impacted the game, positively.

Political Hack
09-14-2016, 08:36 AM
Who cares what he said? I only care what he does.

Tiger Stadium is the toughest venue in college football. Period. It's not close. I've been to almost every SEC stadium. Nothing in the SEC comes close. Bama wins the pageantry award. Tennessee wins the "how many people can we fit in here" award. UGA wins the golf clap award. State wins the schizophrenic award (electric one game and dead the next). Ole Miss wins the "It's raining whiskey bottles" award (they have a strange fascination with throwing alcohol).

Really Clark?
09-14-2016, 08:41 AM
The coaches praise Coman for his intelligence not playmaking ability. Whitley made plays.

But like the post you just responded to stated, after his injury the fans and message boards talked about Whitley the same as they do Coman right now. And if it wasn't for the Arkansas and Egg Bowl fumbles (not to mention the Wallace tea bagging) that's how his finally year would have played out, fans calling him out for his play. Not to mention he was also one of the questionable personel descisions that had many of the Fire Mullen Hire Hud crowd used to try to illustrate their point of view of why Mullen needed to go.

bulldawg28
09-14-2016, 08:48 AM
But like the post you just responded to stated, after his injury the fans and message boards talked about Whitley the same as they do Coman right now. And if it wasn't for the Arkansas and Egg Bowl fumbles (not to mention the Wallace tea bagging) that's how his finally year would have played out, fans calling him out for his play. Not to mention he was also one of the questionable personel descisions that had many of the Fire Mullen Hire Hud crowd used to try to illustrate their point of view of why Mullen needed to go.

Whitley was a beast. He occasionally took a bad angle to the ball but when healthy he was an all SEC type player. Heck, he played with a torn knee his senior year and still made more plays than Coman is currently making. I have no problem with the statement. Again, I would have liked to have seen it come from game changers on the team ala Jefferson, Ross,etc...

Cooterpoot
09-14-2016, 08:56 AM

Not true. Collins tried to cover with him while bringing the corner on a blitz a lot. He couldn't handle it, but he shouldn't have been put in that position by his DC. You don't cover Odell Beckham with a freaking safety.

lastmajordog
09-14-2016, 09:21 AM
Who cares what he said? I only care what he does.

Tiger Stadium is the toughest venue in college football. Period. It's not close. I've been to almost every SEC stadium. Nothing in the SEC comes close. Bama wins the pageantry award. Tennessee wins the "how many people can we fit in here" award. UGA wins the golf clap award. State wins the schizophrenic award (electric one game and dead the next). Ole Miss wins the "It's raining whiskey bottles" award (they have a strange fascination with throwing alcohol).

I can say from personal experience NOTHING is like “on the field” at Tigah stadium. One thing that is different is the seats come down to field level, which makes a HUGE difference for some reason in the noise level. Photographers and others have to be on a knee unless moving. Also the south end zone when opposition team is trying to score....well it reminds me of being on a airport tarmac when a jet is taxing by. Remember the story of a LSU game that was tight the seismic meters in the gulf picked up a small earthquake.........in Baton Rouge.

Really Clark?
09-14-2016, 09:28 AM
I can say from personal experience NOTHING is like “on the field” at Tigah stadium. One thing that is different is the seats come down to field level, which makes a HUGE difference for some reason in the noise level. Photographers and others have to be on a knee unless moving. Also the south end zone when opposition team is trying to score....well it reminds me of being on a airport tarmac when a jet is taxing by. Remember the story of a LSU game that was tight the seismic meters in the gulf picked up a small earthquake.........in Baton Rouge.

Ha. You are talking about the 88 Auburn LSU "earthquake game". LSU scores with less than 2 min to go to win 7-6. But there is no way anything in the gulf would have picked up anything that small. It was registered, supposedly, on LSU's campus at the Geoscience complex. About 1,000 feet from the stadium

thf24
09-14-2016, 09:33 AM
Not true. Collins tried to cover with him while bringing the corner on a blitz a lot. He couldn't handle it, but he shouldn't have been put in that position by his DC. You don't cover Odell Beckham with a freaking safety.

You don't want a safety in single man coverage with a WR in the SEC, period. When you run that play you're risking getting burned no matter who your safety is, which is completely on the coaching if it backfires. I'm saying that I'd be willing to bet Coman fulfills his primary assignment far more often than this board would have you believe, and in many of the instances he's called out for screwing up, he's actually bailing out someone else.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
Lol...Call me a loser and I'll call you slow for not understanding. There is a connection with atmosphere and energy from players. Louder pumped up crowd equals more energy to LSU's players.

I didn't realize you had this deep of an understanding of athlete competition. Sorry for insulting your intelligence**

bulldawg28
09-14-2016, 09:40 AM
I didn't realize you had this deep of an understanding of athlete competition. Sorry for insulting your intelligence**

Playing at Tiger stadium and in the SEC will do that to you. But you stayed in a Holiday Inn express though right?

LC Dawg
09-14-2016, 09:59 AM
Lol...Call me a loser and I'll call you slow for not understanding. There is a connection with atmosphere and energy from players. Louder pumped up crowd equals more energy to LSU's players. I'd rather see this comment from someone whose impacted the game, positively.

You think its going to be louder in Tiger Stadium because of Coman's comment? As stated above they've already registered an earthquake. I don't think it can get any louder than that. Hell, they'll all be so drunk they will have forgotten about Coman by kickoff.

bulldawg28
09-14-2016, 10:09 AM
You think its going to be louder in Tiger Stadium because of Coman's comment? As stated above they've already registered an earthquake. I don't think it can get any louder than that. Hell, they'll all be so drunk they will have forgotten about Coman by kickoff.

I wouldn't expect louder but I'd rather have a divided fanbase rather than all in. This comment is along the lines of what the UCLA quarterback this year suggested going against A&M. He stated the size of the crowd after 50,000 wouldn't be louder than normal crowds. So the stadium starts chanting 50,000 during the game. So yes fans pay attention to these sorts of remarks and could possibly make it more difficult for Fitz and his 1st road game.

lastmajordog
09-14-2016, 10:30 AM
Ha. You are talking about the 88 Auburn LSU "earthquake game". LSU scores with less than 2 min to go to win 7-6. But there is no way anything in the gulf would have picked up anything that small. It was registered, supposedly, on LSU's campus at the Geoscience complex. About 1,000 feet from the stadium
You are right, guess my facts are skewed with age........

Tripp McNeely
09-14-2016, 11:07 AM

It's "looser" ***

bulldawg28
09-14-2016, 01:32 PM
It's "looser" ***

Thanks