PDA

View Full Version : Reginald Todd

Dawg61
09-13-2016, 06:02 AM
Where is he on the WR depth chart? Isn't he supposedly Randy Moss 2.0 while we got Myles dropping passes left and right. I want to see Todd get a couple deep looks. We desperately need a deep threat at WR and Todd averaged 35 yards a catch his senior year. 45 rec 1308 yds 11 TDs. Not bad. You rather watch Myles drop another pass or see if Todd will catch it instead?

EdDawg
09-13-2016, 06:08 AM
Didn't he get hurt during camp? I've actually been impressed with Couch the few times we have targeted him.

msstate7
09-13-2016, 06:32 AM
We're hoping he can reach moss' level, but right now he's only kelvin Benjamin**

Ifyouonlyknew
09-13-2016, 07:46 AM
I don't think anyone has said he's Moss 2.0. He has a chance to be very good but needs to get stronger & develop. He's RS this year. We'll see more Couch as the season goes on.

Todd4State
09-13-2016, 08:32 AM
I really like Couch a lot too. The thing that sucks about Todd right now is his injury is without a doubt costing him time to develop. I think he broke his leg or something like that but I could be mistaken.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-13-2016, 09:12 AM
I really like Couch a lot too. The thing that sucks about Todd right now is his injury is without a doubt costing him time to develop. I think he broke his leg or something like that but I could be mistaken.

He didn't have a serious injury. He's back practicing now.

mic
09-13-2016, 09:25 AM
Both Todd and Couch are going to be good...

Bothrops
09-13-2016, 09:31 AM
Myles had some drops, but is explosive when he does snag the ball.

mic
09-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Myles had some drops, but is explosive when he does snag the ball.

Agree... Just because Myles had a couple of drops everyone calm down and relax..

Todd4State
09-13-2016, 11:41 AM

That is very good to hear.

mic
09-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Heard that Todd has the IT factor at WR we just have to be patient and let him get accustomed to playing football full time.. Redshirt is what he needs...

archdog
09-13-2016, 12:13 PM
Heard that Todd has the IT factor at WR we just have to be patient and let him get accustomed to playing football full time.. Redshirt is what he needs...

We need production, not redshirts. We redshirt everyone, even when the numbers do not support the need to redshirt. Let this guy go into the game, and tell him to run a 20 yard post deep and be ready to man up and go get the ball. Easy.

Big4Dawg
09-13-2016, 12:27 PM
We have enough guys who can do that now. Ross/Gray/Dear and make them play 80% of snaps

Dawg61
09-13-2016, 01:04 PM

We need production, not redshirts. We redshirt everyone, even when the numbers do not support the need to redshirt. Let this guy go into the game, and tell him to run a 20 yard post deep and be ready to man up and go get the ball. Easy.

We do not need to redshirt the best deep threat on the team. If Todd is borderline elite at catching 40 yard fly routes than he needs to see 4-5 attempts per game. It frees up everything else on offense when we have a serious over the top threat. Play Todd!!!

LeakyD
09-13-2016, 01:14 PM
Antonio Hargro says comparing Freshman receivers to Randy Moss is a bad idea.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-13-2016, 01:14 PM
We do not need to redshirt the best deep threat on the team. If Todd is borderline elite at catching 40 yard fly routes than he needs to see 4-5 attempts per game. It frees up everything else on offense when we have a serious over the top threat. Play Todd!!!

He's not the best deep threat on the team.

Bothrops
09-13-2016, 01:16 PM
He really needs a year in the weight room though. You run a higher risk of season ending, or even career damping injury if you don't.

Dawg61
09-13-2016, 01:27 PM
He's not the best deep threat on the team.

Excluding Fred Ross, whose a better deep threat than Todd?

RiverCityDawg
09-13-2016, 01:32 PM
Let this guy go into the game, and tell him to run a 20 yard post deep and be ready to man up and go get the ball. Easy.

You know this isn't intramurels, right?

WinningIsRelentless
09-13-2016, 01:33 PM
Excluding Fred Ross, whose a better deep threat than Todd?

Donald Gray

FISHDAWG
09-13-2016, 01:39 PM
how is Jesse Jackson developing ?

Dawg61
09-13-2016, 01:39 PM
Donald Gray

Great than Gray and Todd can both run double fly routes 4-5 times a game and there's even better odds one of them is going to be wide ass open for an easy touchdown. Bama does this shit every single ****ing game since Saban showed up. When are we going to start copying this same formula? It's a guaranteed 1-2 free touchdowns a game for them. Are we too good to pass up free touchdowns? Free Todd free Gray!! I want easy touchdowns!!!

TaleofTwoDogs
09-13-2016, 07:08 PM
how is Jesse Jackson developing ?

I saw him lay the wood on several plays against SC. Blocks like Bear which is a good thing.

HoopsCoach21
09-13-2016, 08:29 PM
Great than Gray and Todd can both run double fly routes 4-5 times a game and there's even better odds one of them is going to be wide ass open for an easy touchdown. Bama does this shit every single ****ing game since Saban showed up. When are we going to start copying this same formula? It's a guaranteed 1-2 free touchdowns a game for them. Are we too good to pass up free touchdowns? Free Todd free Gray!! I want easy touchdowns!!!

Someone get Mullen on the phone! Free touchdowns!! Great idea...just tell our skinny 190 lb freshman receiver to run fly routes up against Sr and Jr SEC DBs for jump balls. What could possibly go wrong??

Probably zero difference in our receivers that just got in an college weight room for the first time a few weeks ago and who Bama trots out wide either.

I'll agree wholeheartedly that our coaches make some very questionable personnel decisions, but what you're arguing is way down the list on my set of complaints (see running back). I think when we start to see some more consistent QB play this year people will find out we have plenty of playmakers at WR.

the59dawg
09-14-2016, 09:02 AM

Ain't rumors awful???

Dawg61
09-14-2016, 10:08 AM
Someone get Mullen on the phone! Free touchdowns!! Great idea...just tell our skinny 190 lb freshman receiver to run fly routes up against Sr and Jr SEC DBs for jump balls. What could possibly go wrong??

Probably zero difference in our receivers that just got in an college weight room for the first time a few weeks ago and who Bama trots out wide either.

I'll agree wholeheartedly that our coaches make some very questionable personnel decisions, but what you're arguing is way down the list on my set of complaints (see running back). I think when we start to see some more consistent QB play this year people will find out we have plenty of playmakers at WR.

Guaran****ingtee you if Todd slides into the game and runs a couple fly routes LSU will totally ignore his ass and he'll be left wide open 40 yards down the field. All of your points only matter when the defense pays attention to that player.

WinningIsRelentless
09-14-2016, 10:15 AM
Guaran****ingtee you if Todd slides into the game and runs a couple fly routes LSU will totally ignore his ass and he'll be left wide open 40 yards down the field. All of your points only matter when the defense pays attention to that player.

That's just bs. You think in man coverage they just won't cover him or in zone the deep man will just ignore someone in his zone?

This is the problem with our fan base, they just don't understand football on the level and complexity it is today. It isn't your old school football anymore, every play has at least 2 options based off the read. 90% of our pass plays hAve two different routes per receiver in each play.

RiverCityDawg
09-14-2016, 10:29 AM

This is without question one of the most idiotic things I've ever read on a message board, which is saying a lot.

"Oh, #20 is in the game? Well that's not 6, 5 or 8, so I'll pay him no attention. No need to run the defense that was called and planned all week. Screw cover 3, cover 2 or man-press. Forget protecting against the big play regardless of who is in the game, I'll just defend the guys I know and let #20 be. He's 6-5, no way they'll try and send him deep."

Stupid.

Dawg61
09-14-2016, 11:26 AM
That's just bs. You think in man coverage they just won't cover him or in zone the deep man will just ignore someone in his zone?

This is the problem with our fan base, they just don't understand football on the level and complexity it is today. It isn't your old school football anymore, every play has at least 2 options based off the read. 90% of our pass plays hAve two different routes per receiver in each play.

This is without question one of the most idiotic things I've ever read on a message board, which is saying a lot.

"Oh, #20 is in the game? Well that's not 6, 5 or 8, so I'll pay him no attention. No need to run the defense that was called and planned all week. Screw cover 3, cover 2 or man-press. Forget protecting against the big play regardless of who is in the game, I'll just defend the guys I know and let #20 be. He's 6-5, no way they'll try and send him deep."

Stupid.

Put him in the game and let's find out how stupid I am.