lamont
09-12-2016, 10:11 PM
1982 vs LSU

John Bond is the only QB in CFB history to beat LSU 4 straight times

Skydawg1
09-12-2016, 10:13 PM
1982 vs LSU

John Bond is the only QB in CFB history to beat LSU 4 straight times

There is a thread on Tiger Droppings about Bond. The older Tiger fans in the thread claim to still have nightmares about him. They're worried b/c Fitz broke Bond's single-game rushing record.

lamont
09-12-2016, 10:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnIsv2vmdCc&app=desktop

sorry for no link

TaleofTwoDogs
09-12-2016, 11:28 PM
Damn, nothing more beautiful than a well executed wish-bone attack. Mash mouth football at its finest. No 160# backs up the middle. The good old days.

Todd4State
09-12-2016, 11:33 PM
I find it interesting that Bellard went from the wingbone offense in 1980 to the wishbone by 1982. I'm sure it was personnel related more than anything since Mardye McDole had graduated by that time.

Leroy Jenkins
09-13-2016, 01:08 AM
How LSU had seasons with 3 wins is beyond me. You could win more than 3 games with just the players south of I-10.

TUSK
09-13-2016, 03:05 AM
I find it interesting that Bellard went from the wingbone offense in 1980 to the wishbone by 1982. I'm sure it was personnel related more than anything since Mardye McDole had graduated by that time.

Mardye McDole... #22, yes?

ahhhhhh, the old days....

cujo
09-13-2016, 04:38 AM
Mardye McDole... #22, yes?

ahhhhhh, the old days....

#22 was Danny Knight, another good one.

lastmajordog
09-13-2016, 07:32 AM
That first night game at MSU was one of the best atmospheres ever......and ABSOLUTELY one of the greatest games. If you young “fellers" want to see some great football and even GREATER UNIFORMS..... go watch that night game with LSU with portable lights and regional tv.....if you can find it......nothing short of awesome....and ...C O L D !!!!!!!!!!! wouldn’t trade that night for anything....

cujo
09-13-2016, 08:21 AM
That first night game at MSU was one of the best atmospheres ever......and ABSOLUTELY one of the greatest games. If you young ?fellers" want to see some great football and even GREATER UNIFORMS..... go watch that night game with LSU with portable lights and regional tv.....if you can find it......nothing short of awesome....and ...C O L D !!!!!!!!!!! wouldn?t trade that night for anything....
Classic

Token Bammer
09-13-2016, 08:35 AM
I miss a power running game. Two tights or one and a full back and smash someone in the face running down hill. It's probably funny to hear that coming from a BAMA fan having just had a 2000 yard rusher, but it was still different because a lot of what we run now is out of the shotgun with three wide. It's just not as enjoyable imo. Sometimes I put on old 2008 and 2009 (really can go as far as 2012) BAMA games just so I can watch us line up and dominate. I love Kiffin's genius but he is often way too cute with his play calling. Jmo.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2016, 08:40 AM
That first night game at MSU was one of the best atmospheres ever......and ABSOLUTELY one of the greatest games. If you young “fellers" want to see some great football and even GREATER UNIFORMS..... go watch that night game with LSU with portable lights and regional tv.....if you can find it......nothing short of awesome....and ...C O L D !!!!!!!!!!! wouldn’t trade that night for anything....

This it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSywtn-hM_8

lastmajordog
09-13-2016, 09:04 AM
oh yeah.....what a great day.....think LSU had just beaten Bama in Bama

gtowndawg
09-13-2016, 09:16 AM
Love it. I was only 7, but I remember those teams well. And yes, those unis were beautiful. Straight maroon and white.

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2016, 09:17 AM
The only problem is we got steadily worse after Bond's first year. Those last two teams that beat LSU weren't very good. We also beat them the year after Bond left with a QB named Orlando Lundy. That was my Sr year and I had a press pass to that one and was on the sideline. Fun stuff, but we still sucked.

lastmajordog
09-13-2016, 09:38 AM
Sort of the history of a lot of Dog coach’s and I don’t know why.....they seem to get more conservative.......to the point of insanity. Ballard got to where he was going to run that fullback on first down no matter what. Hard to run that option football when its 2nd and 10 EVERY time......

Martianlander
09-13-2016, 10:22 AM

+1 from an old Dawg that was there too. Bond got racked and had to go out for one play and Tim Parrington came in and threw a TD pass.

PassInterference
09-13-2016, 10:37 AM
Baseball, basketball, ice hockey, and NASCAR have also been through game integrity issues. Cheating, PEDs, emerging strategies which subtract from "real (insert sport name)", etc.

We're fortunate that football took this long to have issues.

msujan
09-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Ah, those names! Haddix, Knight, Bond, Jackson, Moore, Morgan! Love those guys!

TUSK
09-13-2016, 06:55 PM
#22 was Danny Knight, another good one.

That's right,,,,, thanks for the correction...

TUSK
09-13-2016, 06:57 PM
I miss a power running game. Two tights or one and a full back and smash someone in the face running down hill. It's probably funny to hear that coming from a BAMA fan having just had a 2000 yard rusher, but it was still different because a lot of what we run now is out of the shotgun with three wide. It's just not as enjoyable imo. Sometimes I put on old 2008 and 2009 (really can go as far as 2012) BAMA games just so I can watch us line up and dominate. I love Kiffin's genius but he is often way too cute with his play calling. Jmo.

I'm with you, Token... it was good to see Bammer finish off Auburn with 14 (I think) consecutive D Henry runs, tho...

Billy Ray Valentine
09-14-2016, 05:14 PM
We got worse because the defense got steadily worse. Bond's first 2 years we had Johnie Cooks and co.

IMissJack
09-14-2016, 06:19 PM
2 things about that game 1) I think that is a young Al Michaels doing the ABC broadcast, and 2) I remember Billy Jackson running around the field after the game.

Man I miss those old dark maroon jerseys...