PDA

View Full Version : So Matt Wyatt called Prescott Checkdown Charlie this afternoon

lamont
09-12-2016, 09:44 PM
and ranted about how he never took any shots down the field. Interesting

confucius say
09-12-2016, 09:52 PM

Why is that interesting?

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2016, 09:54 PM
Kind of goes back to my point the other day that not all interceptions are bad.

As an offense, you have to take shots down the field or you aren't giving yourself a chance of explosive plays in the passing game

confucius say
09-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Kind of goes back to my point the other day that not all interceptions are bad.

As an offense, you have to take shots down the field or you aren't giving yourself a chance of explosive plays in the passing game

Especially when your defense is garbage.

Eta: dallas's problem was their oline got their collective butts whipped. Couldn't run the ball and couldn't pass block on obvious passing situations in second half. Dak played fine, and outstanding for a rookie first time starter.

Thick
09-12-2016, 10:07 PM
How many pro games did that ****ing dork play in? He's a dick with ears.

Taog Redloh
09-12-2016, 10:14 PM

No shit, my opinion of him is continually going down.

TrapGame
09-12-2016, 10:23 PM

But he played in Germany!**

Dawg61
09-12-2016, 10:28 PM

Do you organize and save all of your grudges in your iPhone notes or on your laptop?

RougeDawg
09-12-2016, 10:31 PM
But he played in Germany!**

You counting the 3 pickup games of beach volleyball he played while on vacation?

Wyatt is a f*cking p*ssy who had his balls cut off by his wife years ago. He goes out of his way to be anti MSU like dipshit "block you on Twitter" Bo Bounds. Both have zero balls to stand up to OM machine, and cave in and talk down about MSU every chance possible. They let the OM money folks determine their agenda and viewpoints.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2016, 10:41 PM

I'm glad somebody else said it cause I was thinking the same thing. Matt a little envious maybe. Why can't somebody in our media praise a bulldog for once. I mean he's the first MSU qb to take a snap in the NFL since Joe freaking Reed. Yeah no big deal. Besides it looked to me like Dallas was doing that by design being conservative with a rookie qb. Heck Belichik did it with Brady his first year.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Do you organize and save all of your grudges in your iPhone notes or on your laptop?

Now that was funny!

Commercecomet24
09-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Well I don't know about Matt but Dungy, Rodney Harrison, Deion Sanders and a few others thought Dak played extremely well. They probably know a little more about the NFL than Matt.

DancingRabbit
09-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Well I don't know about Matt but Dungy, Rodney Harrison, Deion Sanders and a few others thought Dak played extremely well. They probably know a little more about the NFL than Matt.

Add Gil Brandt and Troy Aikman to that list.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2016, 10:53 PM
A MSU qb starting in the NFL. I didn't think I would ever say those words in my lifetime. It was historic. And that's the best Matt could come up with? Smh

blacklistedbully
09-12-2016, 10:55 PM
And Dak did have a few downfield throws.

Thick
09-12-2016, 10:56 PM
He had 2 TDs dropped, threw for 227 yds no picks, and put his team in position to win the game. Not bad for a rookie's first game vs a pretty damn good defense.

Thick
09-12-2016, 10:58 PM
For the record, we should call Wyatt...Pooch punt *****!

Commercecomet24
09-12-2016, 10:59 PM
Yep Beasley hangs on Dez hangs on that's 2 tds and a win. If Terrance Williams goes out of bounds they still may win. Pretty dang good start. He sure as heck didn't look rattled or scared. He represented us well. I've never liked the cowboys but I have to now with Dak there. I watched the game with a lifelong cowboys fan yesterday who didn't know much about Dak but was extremely impressed yesterday.

DancingRabbit
09-12-2016, 11:14 PM
Interesting ... looking at Matt's twitter page, no one is mentioning any checkdown charlie bullsh!t or that he was overly critical of Dak.

Anyone besides the OP hear this?

Homedawg
09-12-2016, 11:32 PM
Interesting ... looking at Matt's twitter page, no one is mentioning any checkdown charlie bullsh!t or that he was overly critical of Dak.

Anyone besides the OP hear this?
I listened briefly. I didn't hear it all but he said he didn't take many shots down field. Then said 14 targets to te and 8 to Beasley. But he didn't specifically say that while I was listening. His point was he was just using the middle of the field and needed a way to get dez more involved. Which he, they do, for they want to win many.

DancingRabbit
09-12-2016, 11:51 PM
Usually if you ask a rookie to throw the ball 45 times his first game it is not going to end well.

If Terrance Williams gets out of bounds they had a chance. Dan Bailey is money from 55 and might have hit from 62.

TUSK
09-13-2016, 03:11 AM
dang, was there a disproportionate number of passes short vs "down field"?

grinnindawg
09-13-2016, 05:59 AM
Yep. 5.15 yds per attempt, only 7 downfield with 1 completion.
He threw the ball to the wrong side of 88 in the end zone once.
Was a split second late on the reversed TD.

He's a rookie in his 1st pro game and likely did what he was told.
He is being analyzed like he's a veteran.
However, I do not understand why State fans get their feelings hurt so easily over other peoples opinions.

dawgs
09-13-2016, 06:22 AM
He had 2 TDs dropped, threw for 227 yds no picks, and put his team in position to win the game. Not bad for a rookie's first game vs a pretty damn good defense.

This year's Giants D might end being good, but they were one of the worst in the league last year. I wouldn't go calling them "a pretty damn good defense" until we have a larger sample size, because there's definitely nothing from last year leading anyone to believe their D is "pretty damn good".

dawgs
09-13-2016, 06:26 AM
Yep. 5.15 yds per attempt, only 7 downfield with 1 completion.
He threw the ball to the wrong side of 88 in the end zone once.
Was a split second late on the reversed TD.

He's a rookie in his 1st pro game and likely did what he was told.
He is being analyzed like he's a veteran.
However, I do not understand why State fans get their feelings hurt so easily over other peoples opinions.

I think most talking heads were complimentary while also acknowledging there's a lot of room for improvement and dez has to get more looks. Those aren't mutually exclusive comments to make. I'm sure the coaches are saying the same thing this week.

PassInterference
09-13-2016, 06:55 AM
Matt Wyatt is trying hard to be mainstream media. That's why he took "maroon" out if his Twitter name.

To prove his metal, he is going out of his way to show he isn't tied to MSU. Problem is, he is employed by MSU.

shannondawg
09-13-2016, 06:56 AM

Matter of fact, did I not hear that the giants had invested 100 million dollars in improving their defense this year? (Over time of course.)

Dallas_Dawg
09-13-2016, 07:06 AM
Dak must have banged Cowherd's wife or something. Every day, he makes it a point to bash Dak and say that he's not very good.

Dawgface
09-13-2016, 07:08 AM
Matt Wyatt is trying hard to be mainstream media. That's why he took "maroon" out if his Twitter name.

To prove his metal, he is going out of his way to show he isn't tied to MSU. Problem is, he is employed by MSU.

Maybe he should find himself a job outside of MSU.

fader2103
09-13-2016, 07:33 AM
Matt makes uninformed wild guesses all the time. After the first game in his post game show he stated that we should just ride or die with Damien Williams and just have special packages at the goal line for Fitz. Of course I'm paraphrasing he didn't say those exact words.

wasabaka
09-13-2016, 07:38 AM

Technically, he is employed and paid by Bulldog Sports Properties, which is a division of Learfield Communications. I get what you are saying, but he isn't employed by MSU.

Virgil Caine
09-13-2016, 08:43 AM
For most of the game the Giants D was double covering Dez and daring Witten and Beasley to beat them. Dak didn't take many shots, but I don't think taking shots was warranted considering what the Giants D was giving Dak.

Chinchilla
09-13-2016, 08:59 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/yardsPerPassAttempt/order/false

How dare someone state the obvious truth on a radio show.

DawgInMemphis
09-13-2016, 09:22 AM

You leave Finebaum out of this.

QuadrupleOption
09-13-2016, 09:50 AM

No he didn't and no he didn't.

#Agenda

fishwater99
09-13-2016, 10:15 AM
Matt makes uninformed wild guesses all the time. After the first game in his post game show he stated that we should just ride or die with Damien Williams and just have special packages at the goal line for Fitz. Of course I'm paraphrasing he didn't say those exact words.

That's bad...

MadDawg
09-13-2016, 10:47 AM
You counting the 3 pickup games of beach volleyball he played while on vacation?

Wyatt is a f*cking p*ssy who had his balls cut off by his wife years ago. He goes out of his way to be anti MSU like dipshit "block you on Twitter" Bo Bounds. Both have zero balls to stand up to OM machine, and cave in and talk down about MSU every chance possible. They let the OM money folks determine their agenda and viewpoints.

LMAO

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2016, 10:51 AM

You just can't help yourself can you.

Bass Chaser
09-13-2016, 10:52 AM
You just can't help yourself can you.

No he can't.

MadDawg
09-13-2016, 10:53 AM
One thing I will say in Dak's defense, the other Dallas offensive players did squat the whole game. No big runs from this "great" run game they have. The ONLY receivers that got open ALL DAY were the TE and slot receiver. None of the wide receivers got any separation at all. None. The Oline did protect well, I'll give them that. They made the Giants secondary look like the best in the league.

msstate7
09-13-2016, 10:56 AM
It's kinda ironic that the board gets mad at Wyatt over criticism towards an ex-state player (professional now), while there's constant posts here ripping current players that aren't professionals

lamont
09-13-2016, 11:15 AM
Prescott had the 3rd lowest yards per pass in the NFL this week. Just another fact

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2016, 11:22 AM
LOL Matt is a small timer with an apparent fragile ego...so much so that he had to go on 6pack to defend himself.

msstate7
09-13-2016, 11:24 AM
LOL Matt is a small timer with an apparent fragile ego...so much so that he had to go on 6pack to defend himself.

That was funny. The 1059 afternoon guy did the same yesterday

HSVDawg
09-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Prescott had the 3rd lowest yards per pass in the NFL this week. Just another fact

Despite multiple drops including a 30 yard TD, and a horrible 2nd half performance by his OL and no running game to speak of. For a rookie starting his first NFL game, he should have easily been dead last in YPA. Yet he wasn't.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2016, 11:29 AM
Here's the deal. Dak starting Sunday was historic for MSU and one of our own(supposedly)Matt, couldn't focus on that. Screw the stats and facts MSU had a qb starting in the NFL and playing well. That should've been the focus from us let the national guys talk about yards per attempt blah blah blah. Sunday was a big day for MSU and we should be focused on that and enjoy it instead of saying crap like this.

dawgs
09-13-2016, 11:49 AM
Here's the deal. Dak starting Sunday was historic for MSU and one of our own(supposedly)Matt, couldn't focus on that. Screw the stats and facts MSU had a qb starting in the NFL and playing well. That should've been the focus from us let the national guys talk about yards per attempt blah blah blah. Sunday was a big day for MSU and we should be focused on that and enjoy it instead of saying crap like this.

You can both be complimentary and provide criticism to Dak's performance. No need to blindly pump sunshine up everyone's ass to the point you sound ignorant. There's been plenty of talk nationally about the Cowboys OL underpeforming and the drops too. But it's also fair to point out some of Dak's shortcomings in week 1. No need to be overly sensitive if anything minor criticism is mentioned.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2016, 11:54 AM
You can both be complimentary and provide criticism to Dak's performance. No need to blindly pump sunshine up everyone's ass to the point you sound ignorant. There's been plenty of talk nationally about the Cowboys OL underpeforming and the drops too. But it's also fair to point out some of Dak's shortcomings in week 1. No need to be overly sensitive if anything minor criticism is mentioned.

I understand that but sometimes you just have to enjoy the moment. And one would think an MSU person would focus on the magnitude of what this means for MSU, that's all I'm saying just this one game focus on that plenty of time for criticism later I'm sure.

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2016, 11:58 AM

You are just trolling for hits now. Add rev down? MSU just had a QB PLAY (much less start) in the NFL and you are trying to tear him down? Come on man. You need to examine your priorities. SERIOUSLY.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2016, 12:07 PM
You are just trolling for hits now. Add rev down? MSU just had a QB PLAY (much less start) in the NFL and you are trying to tear him down? Come on man. You need to examine your priorities. SERIOUSLY.

You would think for just this once, just one time we could enjoy just watching one of our own play without the drama. I've been waiting for a MSU qb to start in the NFL my whole life(no offense to joe Reed). I thoroughly enjoyed the game and Dak put his team in a position to win. "The lights are not twinkling, Clark" comes to mind about some folks.

DancingRabbit
09-13-2016, 12:10 PM
Not sure if the OP just wanted to rile up the board against Matt, or put a damper on a solid performance by Dak in his rookie debut.

Probably just wanted to work in the "Checkdown Charlie" moniker to disparage the greatest QB to ever wear the Maroon & White.

First, Matt never called Dak "Checkdown Charlie".

Second, Matt was not overly critical of Dak's game. He did point out that Dak did not throw deep much, but went on to say that it had a lot to do with NY's scheme to keep everything in front of them. He also said that while NY has two elite receivers in OBJ and Cruz, Dallas only has Dez. That Dak was forced to take what they gave him.

Here are all the segments that discussed Dak. Listen to them and you will realize this is just a bunch of B.S. about nothing.

http://www.supertalk.fm/archives/audio-archives/h2h-archives/?recording_id=19142

http://www.supertalk.fm/archives/audio-archives/h2h-archives/?recording_id=19143

http://www.supertalk.fm/archives/audio-archives/trending-now-on-demand/?recording_id=19139

http://www.supertalk.fm/archives/audio-archives/trending-now-on-demand/?recording_id=19140

http://www.supertalk.fm/archives/audio-archives/trending-now-on-demand/?recording_id=19141

Commercecomet24
09-13-2016, 12:15 PM
Not sure if the OP just wanted to rile up the board against Matt, or put a damper on a solid performance by Dak in his rookie debut.

Probably just wanted to work in the "Checkdown Charlie" moniker to disparage the greatest QB to ever wear the Maroon & White.

Second, Matt was not overly critical of Dak's game. He did point out that Dak did not throw deep much, but went on to say that it had a lot to do with NY's scheme to keep everything in front of them. He also said that while NY has two elite receivers in OBJ and Cruz, Dallas only has Dez. That Dak was forced to take what they gave him.

Here are all the segments that discussed Dak. Listen to them and you will realize this is just a bunch of B.S. about nothing.

http://www.supertalk.fm/archives/audio-archives/h2h-archives/?recording_id=19142

http://www.supertalk.fm/archives/audio-archives/h2h-archives/?recording_id=19143

http://www.supertalk.fm/archives/audio-archives/trending-now-on-demand/?recording_id=19139

http://www.supertalk.fm/archives/audio-archives/trending-now-on-demand/?recording_id=19140

http://www.supertalk.fm/archives/audio-archives/trending-now-on-demand/?recording_id=19141

Thanks for sharing that. Guess I should've considered the source.

lamont
09-13-2016, 12:20 PM

I think you fart rainbows and dream in cartoons.

It's a great thing that a Mississippi State QB started an NFL game for the Dallas Cowboys. It's ok to point out that Checkdown Charlie didn't drive the ball down the field to get some bigger plays. Critiquing his performance is allowed.

parabrave
09-13-2016, 12:29 PM
Matter of fact, did I not hear that the giants had invested 100 million dollars in improving their defense this year? (Over time of course.)

No it was 200 million. Plus the cowboys have only one deep threat and that is Dez who was being doubleteamed all day.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2016, 12:32 PM
A few thoughts

1. I think Dallas expected to have more success on the ground and got caught having to throw a rookie QB 40+ times without a game plan to do so.

2. Dak did his job, but nothing more.

3. Just my observation but Dak may be the most nitpicked rookie QB I've ever seen. It's like his preseason performance when combined with his poise and maturity has made analysts forget that he's a rookie. It's odd. Winston and Mariota were given much more leeway. It's an odd phenomenon that I picked up on today while listening to national talk shows.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2016, 12:36 PM
That was funny. The 1059 afternoon guy did the same yesterday

I'll give Wyatt hell, but that other dude is off the charts awful. I hear he and Fatburger are body doubles for the next "It's Pat" movie.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2016, 12:38 PM
A few thoughts

1. I think Dallas expected to have more success on the ground and got caught having to throw a rookie QB 40+ times without a game plan to do so.

3. Just my observation but Dak may be the most nitpicked rookie QB I've ever seen. It's like his preseason performance when combined with his poise and maturity has made analysts forget that he's a rookie. It's odd. Winston and Mariota were given much more leeway. It's an odd phenomenon that I picked up on today while listening to national talk shows.

#3...I think part of is that they see he's from a spread system, playing for the cowboys, and that none of them predicted him to be where he is now.

DancingRabbit
09-13-2016, 12:48 PM
QBR for rookie quarterbacks in their first game -

Dak Prescott - 62.0
Russell Wilson - 24.9 (against an Arizona team that won 5 games that year)
Jameis Winston - 9.9 (against a Titans team that won 3 games)

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2016, 12:51 PM

So the OP distorted what was said?

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2016, 12:52 PM

It's a great thing that a Mississippi State QB started an NFL game for the Dallas Cowboys. It's ok to point out that Checkdown Charlie didn't drive the ball down the field to get some bigger plays. Critiquing his performance is allowed.

The name calling man, the name calling.

Dawg61
09-13-2016, 12:53 PM

I find it odd you went four years as the only person calling him Dakota to suddenly switch and now call him Checkdown Charlie these last two years. Did you finally meet him and he didn't sign your Dale Earnhardt jacket or something so you've now flipped from having a bromance love to a jealousy hate thing? You are now jealous of Dak Prescott. Quit hating bruh

lamont
09-13-2016, 01:15 PM
I find it odd you went four years as the only person calling him Dakota to suddenly switch and now call him Checkdown Charlie these last two years. Did you finally meet him and he didn't sign your Dale Earnhardt jacket or something so you've now flipped from having a bromance love to a jealousy hate thing? You are now jealous of Dak Prescott. Quit hating bruh

Yep. I was all decked out in my Checkdown Charlie jersey and had the sharpie in hand for him to sign my chest. I was crushed when he passed me by.

Moron

Prescott is the greatest QB in the history of M-State U. Nobody else comes close. Still doesn't mean he wasn't Checkdown Charlie Sunday.
Will Clark may be the best baseball player we ever had- he's still a dick. And everybody knows it
Erick Dampier is one of the greatest basketball players we ever had- he still struggled to make any kind of shot from 10 feet away.

All our heroes have shortcomings

Dawg61
09-13-2016, 01:21 PM
Yep. I was all decked out in my Checkdown Charlie jersey and had the sharpie in hand for him to sign my chest. I was crushed when he passed me by.

Moron

Prescott is the greatest QB in the history of M-State U. Nobody else comes close. Still doesn't mean he wasn't Checkdown Charlie Sunday.
Will Clark may be the best baseball player we ever had- he's still a dick. And everybody knows it
Erick Dampier is one of the greatest basketball players we ever had- he was still struggled to make any kind of shot from 10 feet away.

All our heroes have shortcomings

Yet you don't call him Dakota anymore. You had a breakup with him I'm just trying to determine when and why.

lamont
09-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Not at all. He's my favorite Bulldog

HSVDawg
09-13-2016, 01:37 PM
A few thoughts

^^^This. You damn well better believe that Garrett's instructions to Dak were simple. Make quick decisions, take what the defense gives you, and let Elliot / Morris do the heavy lifting for the offense. That's exactly what he did. Too bad the OL / RB's didn't live up to their end. Taking a million shots downfield when your only decent receiver is being double covered the entire game is a recipe for disaster for any QB, much less a rookie. All that being said, Dak still gave them a chance to win until Terrence Williams went full retard.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2016, 01:43 PM
^^^This. You damn well better believe that Garrett's instructions to Dak were simple. Make quick decisions, take what the defense gives you, and let Elliot / Morris do the heavy lifting for the offense. That's exactly what he did. Too bad the OL / RB's didn't live up to their end. Taking a million shots downfield when your only decent receiver is being double covered the entire game is a recipe for disaster for any QB, much less a rookie. All that being said, Dak still gave them a chance to win until Terrence Williams went full retard.

Yep he followed the game plan. Also giants dropped 7-8 into coverage consistently weren't many shots to be taken. Guess bend don't break can work lol. To me it showed a lot of poise and composure for a rookie qb not to get impatient and start forcing it. Many of them do that(see Ryan Leaf). Dak took what was there. Heck the pats beat the cardinals with the same game plan Sunday night.

dawgs
09-13-2016, 02:30 PM

That's just simply untrue. You are living in a msu bubble if you believe this. You read stuff here (where dak is talked about more than other NFL rookie QBs for obvious reasons), but otherwise your ears just perk up when you here him mentioned because he's a msu guy. You weren't as in tune when luck or Newton or Mariota or Winston or Peyton or whoever was mentioned because you don't have ties to them.

Literally the worst I've heard from dak is that he didn't take shots downfield. Everything else has been pretty complementary. If the worst thing one says in your first game as a rookie is that you need to take some shots downfield, that's pretty good. Now y'all stop being hyperbolic about a factual statement and seeing biases where there are none.

WSOPdawg
09-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Honestly, I'll be glad for the day when Wyatt moves on from his Bulldog radio gig. I can't stand listening to him before, during or after our games, much less hearing him on H2H in the afternoons.

sandwolf
09-13-2016, 03:09 PM
So the OP distorted what was said?

No. He flat out lied just to start shit storm......he has made a habit of saying ridiculous shit just to stir everybody up over the past couple of months. Only thing I can figure is that the whole South Panola fiasco made him lose the nerve to troll OM fans.....but since he can't stand not having the attention, he decided that he would just troll our fans instead. And sadly, we give him exactly what he wants....the proper reaction to one of his plain-as-day troll posts (such as the OP) is not to react at all, yet we will turn this into a multi-page thread.

I enjoyed his posts much more prior to his being neutered by OM.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2016, 03:12 PM
No. He flat out lied just to start shit storm......he has made a habit of saying ridiculous shit just to stir everybody up over the past couple of months. Only thing I can figure is that the whole South Panola fiasco made him lose the nerve to troll OM fans.....but since he can't stand not having the attention, he decided that he would just troll our fans instead. And sadly, we give him exactly what he wants....the proper reaction to one of his plain-as-day troll posts (such as the OP) is not to react at all, yet we will turn this into a multi-page thread.

Yep I hope I've learned my lesson from this one. Just let it go.

99jc
09-13-2016, 03:35 PM

Any state fan that is ignorant enough to let him get under their skin.

ElectroDawg
09-13-2016, 03:53 PM
Everyone knows you never go full retard.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DX6WHBO_Qc-Q&ved=0ahUKEwilysjgm43PAhXC7D4KHXg8DNIQyCkIIDAA&usg=AFQjCNHL7s8BGMBPeLlMvhoKL4bya3-Diw&sig2=f5I51GoAhYrpqwejeUVCGw

Dawgface
09-13-2016, 04:19 PM
That's just simply untrue. You are living in a msu bubble if you believe this. You read stuff here (where dak is talked about more than other NFL rookie QBs for obvious reasons), but otherwise your ears just perk up when you here him mentioned because he's a msu guy. You weren't as in tune when luck or Newton or Mariota or Winston or Peyton or whoever was mentioned because you don't have ties to them.

Literally the worst I've heard from dak is that he didn't take shots downfield. Everything else has been pretty complementary. If the worst thing one says in your first game as a rookie is that you need to take some shots downfield, that's pretty good. Now y'all stop being hyperbolic about a factual statement and seeing biases where there are none.

Most all football analyst gave Dak high marks on his play. Mike and Mike, Troy Aikman, Tony Dungy, etc were all complementary. Certainly like most rookies, he has plenty of room for improvement. But the Cowboys should feel pretty good about his play to this point.

Tbonewannabe
09-13-2016, 04:32 PM

Everyone knows if you want to win that you never go Full retard. Can anyone photoshop Beaver's face on Simple Jack? He wouldn't even need the fake teeth.

BiscuitEater
09-13-2016, 07:15 PM
So Matt Wyatt called Prescott Checkdown Charlie this afternoon and ranted about how he never took any shots down the field. Interesting

Wow .. Two outright BOLD FACE lies in less than 140 characters. Listened to the entire show, never called Dak 'Checkdown Charlie' and said he didn't take MANY shots down the field.

BrunswickDawg
09-13-2016, 08:07 PM
Wow .. Two outright BOLD FACE lies in less than 140 characters. Listened to the entire show, never called Dak 'Checkdown Charlie' and said he didn't take MANY shots down the field.
He went for the hat trick
- nickname that maligns Mullen for what he was doing to Dak
- gets to throw Wyatt under the bus
- gets board riled up for no reason other than to draw attention to himself

lamont
09-13-2016, 10:00 PM
The topic was stolen from SPS. They had the same topic. Anybody that doesnt take shots down the field is a Checkdown Charlie.

Dak had the 3rd lowest yard per pass rate in the NFL. Thats the definition of Checkdown Charlie. Since facts hurt feelings again- someone needs to post "#agenda"- cause now I obviously have an agenda vs Prescott

confucius say
09-13-2016, 10:27 PM
The topic was stolen from SPS. They had the same topic. Anybody that doesnt take shots down the field is a Checkdown Charlie.

Dak had the 3rd lowest yard per pass rate in the NFL. Thats the definition of Checkdown Charlie. Since facts hurt feelings again- someone needs to post "#agenda"- cause now I obviously have an agenda vs Prescott

What you are saying is rooted in fact. The problems are: 1) you say it like its a bad thing-it's not, it was smart and if their supposed best ol in football doesn't get their asses whipped all is well, and 2) it comes across as condescending. Surely you see that.

Dawg61
09-13-2016, 11:38 PM

It's his first start. Let him play 5-6 games before critiquing his play. I'm thrilled he didn't have any turnovers or puke on the center's back. You want him chucking 40 yard bombs right out the gate. Did it ever cross your mind he maybe didn't want to force things in his first game.

mparkerfd20
09-14-2016, 01:55 AM
Dak played well enough not to lose, but not well enough to win. He didn't do anything to hurt the team with TOs which is great, but didn't do much to win either. It was a conservative game plan. In the end, Dallas lost.

Dak did check down more times than not. That's a fact. While it was a lie that Matt called Dak Checkdown Charlie I don't have a problem with anything else that was said. Dak will improve. I have no doubts.

Why everyone thinks you have to "fart rainbows" when talking about Dak is beyond me. He's a big boy now.

msbulldog
09-14-2016, 06:49 AM
If you want to blame anyone blame the coaching staff, they put together a simplified game plan for a rookie QB and didn't include anything that would increase the chance of failure. Dak did what they told him to do. Great to be able to cheer for a Bulldog QB in the NFL, Hail State!