PDA

View Full Version : Did the big opening line give you pause....

BeastMan
09-12-2016, 04:04 PM
I was starting to think this would be a really close game after last week. MSU looks to have found it's offensive identity and LSU looks horrible at QB. Factor in a less than 100% Fournette and the odds increase. Then the line finally opens at Tigahs -16. Rarely does Vegas miss an upset by 2 TDs plus. I understand that lines are meant to get people to bet more and not picking winners but handicappers are usually on it. This line has me rethinking how positive I was feeling.

dawgday166
09-12-2016, 04:15 PM
I was starting to think this would be a really close game after last week. MSU looks to have found it's offensive identity and LSU looks horrible at QB. Factor in a less than 100% Fournette and the odds increase. Then the line finally opens at Tigahs -16. Rarely does Vegas miss an upset by 2 TDs plus. I understand that lines are meant to get people to bet more and not picking winners but handicappers are usually on it. This line has me rethinking how positive I was feeling.

I've never felt we were gonna beat them at their place. I've just moved to cautiously hopeful mode with our team. Still a lot of improvement to be done. Everyone seems to forget we beat a very bad SC team at our place in Muschamp's first year. This will be FItz' (and many starters on our team) first time to play in Death Valley. LSU has talent somewhere on there team, and lots of it.

Having said that, that big of line does surprise me a little. I would have guessed 12 or so.

RiverCityDawg
09-12-2016, 04:41 PM
It does me. I was expecting it to be around LSU -10, even with me adding a few points to account for my bias. There's a thought out there that if you see a line MUCH higher than you think it should be, it probably isn't high enough. While LSU's offense makes me think it will be close, I could also see a scenario where they shut down the QB run, we turn it over a few times, give up a couple touchdowns late and lose 38-10.

Taog Redloh
09-12-2016, 05:00 PM
Their WRs are going to absolutely torch our secondary. Not wanting to name names or anything but here's a hint:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/db79a25bfcba7a87ef6125dc74fa1aea/tumblr_mhcxpt7jzj1s44tmpo1_500.gif

ILOATHEBears
09-12-2016, 05:03 PM

Considering less than 7 days ago this board was at Chernobyl meltdown status believing we would only win 1-2 games, I can't complain about the spread. It's at Death Valley at night so that's 10 points right there against average teams. I think we play them well cause cdm has the fire back cause he got his a$$ embarrassed opening weekend and I say this game is decided by 6 points either way.

msstate7
09-12-2016, 05:14 PM
Their WRs are going to absolutely torch our secondary. Not wanting to name names or anything but here's a hint:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/db79a25bfcba7a87ef6125dc74fa1aea/tumblr_mhcxpt7jzj1s44tmpo1_500.gif

If their qb's can get them the ball, I agree. Their wr's should've torched Wisconsin and jsu too, but they have 283 total passing yards thru 2 games. That's good for 13th in the sec. The great white hype couldn't even complete a 2nd half pass last week... Well to lsu players anyway.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2016, 05:23 PM
I'll be shocked if we keep it that close.

Sienfield
09-12-2016, 05:34 PM
LSU will get it all together against us and beat us like 55-17.

DudyDawg
09-12-2016, 06:09 PM
I haven't really been hopeful. People keep saying we have a chance bc they have no qb and therefore no offense, but when have they ever had a qb? Mettenberger the last one in how long that could throw it 10 yards? Why would this year be different than any of the past besides when we went down there with dak? People saying they didnt look good against JSU (still won) and in effectively a road game at Wisconsin like we didn't lose to South alabama and beat a god awful east team by 13 points. I would love to win, but I think 16 is about right

lamont
09-12-2016, 06:10 PM
We gonna get rolled

msstate7
09-12-2016, 06:15 PM
We gonna get rolled

I get the feeling nothing would make you happier.

lamont
09-12-2016, 06:30 PM

Well that's dumb. LSU fans avoid me like recruits seeing Yancy in a bathroom when we beat LSU. I just don't see how we can keep it close

GTHOM
09-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Why are people so afraid of LSU...the 2012 team went down there and was in the game late. I guess LSU just scares the piss out of State people and I understand why bc of the losing streak we had but we matchup well and have a good shot to win the game in my opinion.

msstate7
09-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Well that's dumb. LSU fans avoid me like recruits seeing Yancy in a bathroom when we beat LSU. I just don't see how we can keep it close

They're a running team and so far stopping the run is the strength of our team. Their biggest weakness is the passing game and our biggest weakness is stopping the pass. I don't predict us to win, but I do think this is a decent matchup for us. Now if lsu all-the-sudden can come up with good qb play, we in trouble big time. I just have the same confidence in lsu qb's as I do in our secondary. I think miles will continue to run, run, and run which will give us a puncher's chance. I do think we'll have a big TO or white will return a punt that ends up being the difference in the game... Lsu 24-17

lamont
09-12-2016, 06:58 PM
LSU will have over 200 yards rushing and probably 200 passing

TTrams
09-12-2016, 07:02 PM
"Rarely does Vegas miss an upset by 2 TDs plus"

South Alabama Point spread: Home team Mississippi State -28

BeastMan
09-12-2016, 07:08 PM

Touch

DudyDawg
09-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Why are people so afraid of LSU...the 2012 team went down there and was in the game late. I guess LSU just scares the piss out of State people and I understand why bc of the losing streak we had but we matchup well and have a good shot to win the game in my opinion.

I'm not afraid of them, it's rational thought. They have a considerably higher amount of talent. Oh, and we lost to South alabama

Bothrops
09-12-2016, 07:18 PM
We haven't learned to play pass defense yet, so they could score like 45 points just by throwing it in a receiver's general direction. It's an awful matchup against a stronger more physical team.

FISHDAWG
09-12-2016, 07:22 PM
I'll be shocked if we keep it that close.

I love the cynicism but Miles prefers to run the ball if he thinks he can and may spend more than a quarter or two before going to the air ... and I like our DL and LB play ... This keeps it inside the spread - bet all your v-cash

GTHOM
09-12-2016, 07:25 PM
I guess the south alabama game will cost us every other game we play even though we already showed we're 10x better than we showed that game

was21
09-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Not really. I posted on this site -17 1/2 and got it from Sagarin early Sunday morning.

ILOATHEBears
09-12-2016, 07:27 PM

Sure you are not a troll. Lol. Cause if they avoid u after we beat them then that means they have only avoided you once in 20 years

tireddawg
09-12-2016, 07:44 PM
What was the spread in 2014?

dawgday166
09-12-2016, 08:04 PM

In my case I sorta see it this way, but a couple of things make me think we might keep it close. 1) We usually play pretty hard against LSU and then fold late. 2) Miles might be creating a helluva a train wreck down there based on the way they're playing and how awful Harris has been in his 3rd season.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2016, 08:06 PM

yep

bulldawg28
09-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Sure you are not a troll. Lol. Cause if they avoid u after we beat them then that means they have only avoided you once in 20 years

Lol...be careful.

lastmajordog
09-12-2016, 08:21 PM
I haven't really been hopeful. People keep saying we have a chance bc they have no qb and therefore no offense, but when have they ever had a qb? Mettenberger the last one in how long that could throw it 10 yards? Why would this year be different than any of the past besides when we went down there with dak? People saying they didnt look good against JSU (still won) and in effectively a road game at Wisconsin like we didn't lose to South alabama and beat a god awful east team by 13 points. I would love to win, but I think 16 is about right

South al was a dan idio fluke. I think Dogs def front can neutralize their off front. Last year Dak wasn’t allowed for whatever reason to run like the year before. If Dan lets the bigger backs run tween the tackles, and fritz can have some decent runs and we catch the ball......I like our chances......last year SHOULD have been Dogs game....

DudyDawg
09-12-2016, 08:21 PM
I guess the south alabama game will cost us every other game we play even though we already showed we're 10x better than we showed that game

By beating South Carolina by 13?

confucius say
09-12-2016, 08:28 PM
We gonna get rolled

To be fair, you are super high on Lsu and said they would win the west. Most of us don't feel that way. Lsu by 13.

dawgday166
09-12-2016, 08:28 PM

This is what I don't understand. Everyone seems to think "we're back" when we beat an SC team that barely scraped by Vandy. I mean it's really hard to tell just yet. Is SC a good rushing team? How can ANYONE make that determination as of now but I'll tell you this (unless it is really a train wreck down there) Fournette brings the lumber. The O-line is stacked with 4 & 5* players. And there is no one LSU & Bama hate losing to more than us. Sure, they have their big rivals, but they aren't usually embarrassed as much as they are when they lose to us. Like it or not, Vandy and KY are the only 2 teams that other teams like losing to less. So I think LSU will show up to play .. and it's at their place.

Remember ... Harris almost brought them back against our much better D in 2014.

I go over to Rosebowl's site and surprisingly it's skeptical (or it was on Sunday) about how good we are. Over here ... I'm wondering if all the posters over there moved over to this board.

GTHOM
09-12-2016, 08:39 PM

It shouldve been much more than that. 2 redzone turnovers and dont drop some passes and we score at least 40. But its whatever. LSU isnt very good so if we do get killed by them I'll agree with you

lamont
09-12-2016, 09:26 PM
To be fair, you are super high on Lsu and said they would win the west. Most of us don't feel that way. Lsu by 13.

they have the most talent. Miles' refusal to change anything with his job on the line is beyond baffling. That said- they will be able to run the ball on us.

bulldawg28
09-12-2016, 09:43 PM
they have the most talent. Miles' refusal to change anything with his job on the line is beyond baffling. That said- they will be able to run the ball on us.

They'll struggle running the ball. They may have spurts but overall they won't have success.

Gutter Cobreh
09-12-2016, 09:53 PM

Kind of reminds me of the South Alabama scenario. We had better talent, but didn't adapt to the game as it progressed.

Mullen has proven he doesn't adjust the game plan or make any adjustments at halftime, so who the hell knows how the game will play out. I'm hoping we don't get up early or even lead at halftime. We need to be in striking distance at the half (TD or less), and we have a chance.

If what you say is true, the closer we can keep it later in the game - the better chance we have to actually pull the upset.

confucius say
09-12-2016, 09:56 PM

I agree they have the most talent.

And les is horrible. How Lsu let him stay there 12 seasons is baffling. He does less with more than anybody in football.

msstate7
09-12-2016, 09:59 PM
I agree they have the most talent.

And les is horrible. How Lsu let him stay there 12 seasons is baffling. He does less with more than anybody in football.

How many games have they lost the last 4-5 years bc they were outmatched in talent? My guess would be very few. Lsu (under miles) routinely loses to teams with less talent. '13 might have been the most talented college offense in long, long time, yet Les lost 3 games

Bucky Dog
09-12-2016, 10:14 PM

Georgia -53

Clemson-38

Okie State-21

Commercecomet24
09-12-2016, 11:15 PM
Georgia -53

Clemson-38

Okie State-21