PDA

View Full Version : LSU game

GTHOM
09-12-2016, 12:31 PM
I really believe we have a hell of a shot to win this game. If we get the Dan we got last week and the effort and intensity we got last week, we are gonna give them hell and should win the game in my opinion. We are better than Wisconsin and they beat them. Wisconsin held Fournette under 100, we may or may not even see him. I feel like if they can do it we definitely can. Jville St's QB ran for a ton of yards on them, Fitz is better. As long as we dont turn it over we should win. The new QB doesnt scare me, LSU does this every year. He was 0-6 in the 2nd half vs Jville St. I know our secondary struggles but they cant throw the ball anyway. Our front 7 will give them problems all night. What y'all think

preachermatt83
09-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Hate to say it but I think we lose 31-14

HSVDawg
09-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Hate to say it but I think we lose 31-14

Thanks preacher. There is no one else I'd rather see making this post.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2016, 12:43 PM

That made me laugh.

louisvilledawg
09-12-2016, 12:44 PM

+1

Dawgfan77
09-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Wisconsin has a big physical OL and a physical RB. We have neither

MarketingBully
09-12-2016, 12:50 PM
I don't think our fans realize just how good our DL is. I think the key matchup this game will be our DL vs their OL. If we can get pressure and hurry the QB (no matter who it is), we will have a chance. Simmons, James, Jefferson, Calvin, Thomas are all really really great players. Our DL is easily the best DL LSU will have faced this year between us, Wisconsin and JSU. Simmons is a beast and will only be here 3 years. He is like I said Clowneysque. Our secondary is a weakness but our front seven is really really good. I think we stop their run and disrupt what they want to do. My pick is us 27 LSU 20.

MarketingBully
09-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Wisconsin has a big physical OL and a physical RB. We have neither

Wisconsin has no talent. LSU shouldn't have lost that game.

Taog Redloh
09-12-2016, 12:53 PM
Wisconsin has no talent. LSU shouldn't have lost that game.

Same Wisconsin ranked #9 in the nation?

MarketingBully
09-12-2016, 12:56 PM

Should have heard OOB today. They have 3 NFL players total on both sides of the ball...

TrapGame
09-12-2016, 12:59 PM

Unranked before beating LSU, IIRC.

MarketingBully
09-12-2016, 12:59 PM
Unranked before beating LSU, IIRC.

Exactly.

Leroy Jenkins
09-12-2016, 01:18 PM
MSU wins on a 4th quarter Graves redemption. Mark it down.

GTHOM
09-12-2016, 06:36 PM
MSU wins on a 4th quarter Graves redemption. Mark it down.

I can see it

klong-dog
09-12-2016, 09:41 PM
My issue is Fournette and even Harris. We can contain LF for 7 or 8 carries in a row and then he'll break one for 75 yards. And Harris will look like the normal shit for several throws and then will throw one perfectly and hit Dural or Dupre in stride for 6. Big plays always seem to get us when playing Bama and LSU.

RougeDawg
09-12-2016, 10:26 PM

Good God. Please think more than 2 seconds before responding.

Wisconsin isn't the 9th best team in nation. Preseason polls are why they are ranked there. Why Clemson was ranked so high along with UGA, OM, ND, etc. Shall I continue or can you get the idea? Rankings the first 4-6 weeks are meaningless because nobody knows who anyone is. Everyone thought Auburn was great by playing Clemson tough. Then Clemson eeked out a "should be easy" win against Troy.

This LSU team is vulnerable and will lose 4-5 games this year. We can easily be one of those losses. Unless the games I've seen them play this year are replays of years past.

NCDawg
09-12-2016, 11:11 PM
Problem is I doubt if Holloway, or any of our RB's, will be able to run up the middle on LSU's defensive front. I don't think our OL will be good enough to block them, and I'm afraid LSU will burn our DB 's passing. I do think we can stop their run game, but I don't think that will be good enough to win the game.

Todd4State
09-12-2016, 11:22 PM
They have some holes, but so do we.

I'm worried a little more about Harris than Etling because we have more trouble with mobile QB's like him. See South Carolina. We shut down Orth all night and yes we shut down McIlwain for the most part as well and he was pretty inaccurate but he was also able to make some plays for them. I'm not sure just how injured Fournette is either- but that will factor in a lot as well. I bet Miles plays both QB's against us. But we shall see.

My issue right now with us is the first two games we wore down in the second half. Is that a harsh criticism given the circumstances of both games where one was a game one at 11 AM with half a crowd for the second half and then a delay in the second half of the other? Absolutely. But it does bear watching at this point in time.

Plus, I would imagine that LSU in their current state is better than South Carolina plus this will be on the road for us. I think we will see a close game that could go either way similar to last year. If I had to guess as to who the winner would be given what we know about both teams I would go with LSU.

Todd4State
09-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Problem is I doubt if Holloway, or any of our RB's, will be able to run up the middle on LSU's defensive front. I don't think our OL will be good enough to block them, and I'm afraid LSU will burn our DB 's passing. I do think we can stop their run game, but I don't think that will be good enough to win the game.

I'll play devil's advocate. I don't think the offensive line has been that bad this year. I think it's mostly on us trying to run Holloway up the middle. Now, the o-line will get their biggest test thus far on Saturday night. I know it has been beaten to death but Aeris should be getting the ball late in the game because he can move the pile.

RougeDawg
09-13-2016, 08:02 AM
Mikes going with the two QB system can only help us. Hopefully we can keep both from getting in a rhythm. And to whomever said LF may break a 75 yarder on us Saturday, mush have missed all the tweets, posts, and articles on his badly injured ankle/foot/leg. The only thing he may break is another bone down there this week.

Plus their game with JckVle St was still close until they ran back an 60-70 yard punt return. The offense only scored 27 PT's against JVL St. The defense we put on the field against USC will be much better than anything they saw last week.

I get so sick of the p*ssy ass MSU fans who just chalk this up as a loss every year and give it 0.000 actual thought. The years of domination we were one dimensional on offense if we had any offense at all. Under Dan we've had offenses to score on them and when we get above average QB play we win or are right in it until the end. Our defense is adequate enough to win, will the offense score 28 points? It's gonna take 27-30 points to win Saturday. Could need less but I'm giving us cushion.

klong-dog
09-13-2016, 08:30 AM
I'm saying that's usually what happens when we play them. We out play them for 85% of the game but those 3 or 4 huge plays are the difference. I've watched a many of State vs LSU/BAMA games over the years, so that's just my assessment, no sense getting those panties in a wad. Unlike most I believe in the talent of our team to compete with LSU but some bs luck, perfect throws by Harris and LF breaking loose, will eventually get us. 27-16 LSU.

sleepy dawg
09-13-2016, 08:46 AM
I think it depends on our secondary a lot. In some years past we have made shitty throwing teams look like the best passing teams in the country. (Obviously) We have to focus on stopping the run, but in doing so still shut down the pass. I fear we will slow down Fournette, but will give up multiple 3rd down passes for first downs which will end up being too much to overcome. I think LSU wins a close one in the end.

Also, it's going to be a very difficult game for Fitz. That LSU defense will be like nothing he's ever faced before.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2016, 08:58 AM
I expect....

- us to play with passion and energy

- defense to play fairly well

- Fitz to make some big mistakes while also making some plays.

- For one of our soft ass players to make a huge mistake. We've got too many soft players that don't demand or expect excellence. Dropped passes, fumbles, missed tackles. All these will happen because this team lack leadership and has extremely soft upper classmen.

27-14 LSU. We just don't have the mentality this year to win down there

GTHOM
09-13-2016, 09:45 AM
Mikes going with the two QB system can only help us. Hopefully we can keep both from getting in a rhythm. And to whomever said LF may break a 75 yarder on us Saturday, mush have missed all the tweets, posts, and articles on his badly injured ankle/foot/leg. The only thing he may break is another bone down there this week.

Plus their game with JckVle St was still close until they ran back an 60-70 yard punt return. The offense only scored 27 PT's against JVL St. The defense we put on the field against USC will be much better than anything they saw last week.

I get so sick of the p*ssy ass MSU fans who just chalk this up as a loss every year and give it 0.000 actual thought. The years of domination we were one dimensional on offense if we had any offense at all. Under Dan we've had offenses to score on them and when we get above average QB play we win or are right in it until the end. Our defense is adequate enough to win, will the offense score 28 points? It's gonna take 27-30 points to win Saturday. Could need less but I'm giving us cushion.

Hell yeah

Political Hack
09-13-2016, 09:51 AM
My issue is Fournette and even Harris. We can contain LF for 7 or 8 carries in a row and then he'll break one for 75 yards. And Harris will look like the normal shit for several throws and then will throw one perfectly and hit Dural or Dupre in stride for 6. Big plays always seem to get us when playing Bama and LSU.

This will be the back breaker. They've got too many play makers to contain for 4 quarters. Miles is going to find a QB who can distribute the ball. He'll switch them during the game if needed, but he will get his playmakers the ball.

HSVDawg
09-13-2016, 10:09 AM

Agree with this. Harris killed us last year with his legs on a couple of 3rd downs that kept drives alive in which LF eventually broke loose to capitalize. He also threw a couple of good balls for long TD's that were called back for holding penalties, and made it rain against us in BR when he came off the bench two years ago. He normally sucks, but seems to save his best for good ole MSU.

sleepy dawg
09-13-2016, 10:26 AM
I expect....

- us to play with passion and energy

- defense to play fairly well

- Fitz to make some big mistakes while also making some plays.

- For one of our soft ass players to make a huge mistake. We've got too many soft players that don't demand or expect excellence. Dropped passes, fumbles, missed tackles. All these will happen because this team lack leadership and has extremely soft upper classmen.

27-14 LSU. We just don't have the mentality this year to win down there

I completely agree. You said what I was having trouble conveying.

Maroons
09-13-2016, 11:17 AM
I don't think our fans realize just how good our DL is. I think the key matchup this game will be our DL vs their OL. If we can get pressure and hurry the QB (no matter who it is), we will have a chance. Simmons, James, Jefferson, Calvin, Thomas are all really really great players. Our DL is easily the best DL LSU will have faced this year between us, Wisconsin and JSU. Simmons is a beast and will only be here 3 years. He is like I said Clowneysque. Our secondary is a weakness but our front seven is really really good. I think we stop their run and disrupt what they want to do. My pick is us 27 LSU 20.

I agree about our DL but I hope we get some TO's because I have a really hard time seeing how we score 27.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2016, 11:28 AM
I probably shouldn't, but I feel better with our chances when LSU is worried about uniforms....a Dillon Day stomp to start the game wouldn't hurt either.

GTHOM
09-13-2016, 06:07 PM
This will be the back breaker. They've got too many play makers to contain for 4 quarters. Miles is going to find a QB who can distribute the ball. He'll switch them during the game if needed, but he will get his playmakers the ball.

Why do you think this?? Why does anyone think this?? LSU is a classic case of people giving them the benefit of the doubt because of their name. We are better coached, have the better QB, and our front 7 is plenty good enough to hold down LF enough to win. They did last year. Only advantage they have is their WR's vs our DB's (they have no QB to get them the ball consistently) and they are at home. (LSU fans are always the quickest to boo and leave if they dont like it)

Dawgtini
09-13-2016, 09:54 PM
After reading all of the above and having seen our last two games:

History say - LSU
Heart say - HailState
Head say - we have the talent to beat them. We will need some breaks (we will turn it over) and will need their QBs to be no better than they have been so far. 50-50 to 40-60 that we win this thing. If we can hold Fournett under 100, then 70-30 we win this thing.

Jack Lambert
09-14-2016, 09:28 AM

I agree and I was one of them until this past weekend.

drunkernhelldawg
09-14-2016, 12:26 PM
For some reason, I feel like we'll win. It doesn't make sense but there it is.

I_Spy
09-14-2016, 02:02 PM
If the offense protects the ball during the first 5 minute blitz swarm they do to us and the D shows up like last week...we have a good chance. AJ and Ritchie will have to get the D ready. Try not to give up the 4th quarter points in secondary. Should be fun.

basedog
09-14-2016, 02:27 PM
I drank the cool-aid but it didn't help me, I may try to drink some more but I don't think it will help. I predicted 6-6 and at best 7-5. Since the South game and us playing much better against a very bad Sc game, I'm hoping 5-7 with 6-6 being the best.

I'm just not seeing what some are seeing in us taking down the Corndogs. I just don't think we have the horses to score enough. Too much Holloway up the middle for me, I will say the little dude is one tough sob with the hits he takes and I like him on the outside stuff.

msstate7
09-14-2016, 02:32 PM
I drank the cool-aid but it didn't help me, I may try to drink some more but I don't think it will help. I predicted 6-6 and at best 7-5. Since the South game and us playing much better against a very bad Sc game, I'm hoping 5-7 with 6-6 being the best.

I'm just not seeing what some are seeing in us taking down the Corndogs. I just don't think we have the horses to score enough. Too much Holloway up the middle for me, I will say the little dude is one tough sob with the hits he takes and I like him on the outside stuff.

I think what most are seeing is us a little bit better than you think and lsu a whole lot worse than you think.

I_Spy
09-14-2016, 02:37 PM
I see what you're saying. I remember back when auburn had success once, using four running plays and 1 pass, nearly best everyone bc you couldn't stop it. Simple mess. I think we have the running talent, toughness, Nick as well to get it done offensively. Even if fornette is hurt, the back up would have a career day against us. But LSU had been 8-0 so I mean they have the potential to go down. State I think is on the rise figuring out what works.

I_Spy
09-14-2016, 02:40 PM
The Defense had a good and dangerous energy last game, I hope to still see it.

I'm not saying we need to emulate auburn, I mean we have enough talent to get yards out of the running game the OLine is improving game by game and we need to play solid for both halves.

Or the only people who can help the young secondary, is the line by getting to the LSU QB must be done and it's already shakey so AJ and the rest should be living for this moment.

blacklistedbully
09-14-2016, 03:17 PM
If Dan will get out of his own way RE: RB carries, we can win this game and many others. If he sticks with Holloway up-the-middle multiple plays, we have little chance.

Against the big boys we do not have the luxury of wasting 5-10 plays per game. But that is what Dan does. For all the good Dan does...and he does a lot, he absolutely kills us with several wasted plays in the big games.

That said about Holloway, I do wonder how much of the, "Holloway-up-the-middle" is simply reacting to what the defense shows us prior to the snap.

It's one thing to talk about how much better H is going wide, but it's not as if we can more or less announce to the D that we are going to run our RB wide when H is in. So, with H in, are we suggesting that he is either given the ball on a sweep, sent out for a pass, or decoyed wide with Fitz taking it up the middle? Is that enough to make it possible to use him 5-7 times a game?

BulldogBear
09-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Agree with this. Harris killed us last year with his legs on a couple of 3rd downs that kept drives alive in which LF eventually broke loose to capitalize. He also threw a couple of good balls for long TD's that were called back for holding penalties, and made it rain against us in BR when he came off the bench two years ago. He normally sucks, but seems to save his best for good ole MSU.
I agree also kind of. I think in 2014 we were at the place where we could pick our score. I think their comeback had more to do with us going to sleep on defense up 34-10. We could have beat them 61-13 if we knew how to kill.