PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we were holding back vs. South Carolina?

Taog Redloh
09-12-2016, 11:41 AM
I mean, they were pretty terrible. Game was never really in doubt. And, that's the only explanation I have for repeatedly running Holloway up the middle.

I mean, I know you have to do things to set up other things. But it still makes zero sense. I understood Perkins over Robinson, with all the off-field and what not (plus Perkins wasn't terrible). I don't understand Holloway (or Shumpert) over Williams.

I mean if Holloway had Dexter McCluster type qualities I could also understand. McCluster could run people over from time to time.

Where was Keith Mixon??

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Mostly no except for Dear. I thought it was pretty obvious that we were holding Dear back due to not once motioning him into the backfield and letting him run.

Leroy Jenkins
09-12-2016, 11:48 AM
1st half we weren't holding back, 2nd half maybe. We also played super safe in the 2nd half on D. Don't know if it was because of the score or the SC QB switch, but we went from pressure to contain.

msstate7
09-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Mixon got a run. The problem is dear and mixon are playing the same position as Ross. Wish we would put Ross in Myles' spot more and get dear/mixon on the field

Jack Lambert
09-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Mullen has been in the SEC for a while at both Florida and Miss State. The other coaches know what he is going to do.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2016, 11:53 AM
I mean, they were pretty terrible. Game was never really in doubt. And, that's the only explanation I have for repeatedly running Holloway up the middle.

I mean, I know you have to do things to set up other things. But it still makes zero sense. I understood Perkins over Robinson, with all the off-field and what not (plus Perkins wasn't terrible). I don't understand Holloway (or Shumpert) over Williams.

I mean if Holloway had Dexter McCluster type qualities I could also understand. McCluster could run people over from time to time.

Where was Keith Mixon??
If you saw Mullen on the field at half time...NO.

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Mostly no except for Dear. I thought it was pretty obvious that we were holding Dear back due to not once motioning him into the backfield and letting him run.

Bothrops
09-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Mullen tried to get SC back in the game in the second half...does anyone know why? Personally, I would have scored at least once more. Mullen's play calling has been dangerous in the second half, thus far, and we lost one game already because of it.

Jack Lambert
09-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Mullen tried to get SC back in the game in the second half...does anyone know why? Personally, I would have scored at least once more. Mullen's play calling has been dangerous in the second half, thus far, and we lost one game already because of it.

They came out high, fired up and kicked ass for two quarters. SC came out and got their asses kicked for two quarters. The 60 minute delay hurt State and helped SC. It's hard to stay high while in the locker room for an extra 60 minutes and it's hard to get it back. SC was getting their asses handed to them and they got an extra 60 minutes to get their heads back in the game.

BeardoMSU
09-12-2016, 12:05 PM
What's the MSU football equivalent to this?**

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/over-the-top/54.gif

TrapGame
09-12-2016, 12:10 PM
We held back some in the 2nd half. Boom was clueless. His QB change was the only thing he did to put his team in a better position to win. It wasn't enough. Our defense was getting the job done.

shoeless joe
09-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Don't we have this discussion every yr? Hasnt the answer always been no?

msstate7
09-12-2016, 12:15 PM

I don't think our usage of dear, mixon, and aeris have been indicative of what it will be throughout the year.

shoeless joe
09-12-2016, 12:16 PM
I don't think our usage of dear, mixon, and aeris have been indicative of what it will be throughout the year.

I hope beyond hope that you're rite

msstate7
09-12-2016, 12:17 PM
I hope beyond hope that you're rite

Me too haha

TrapGame
09-12-2016, 12:21 PM

C'mon man, we were using Holloway up the middle as a decoy for LSU's scout team.***

HoopsDawg
09-12-2016, 12:36 PM

Where was Keith Mixon??

No Chance. None. Zero. Everyone knows what we run.