PDA

View Full Version : May have been talked about

djaymsu5
09-11-2016, 08:58 PM
already but why in the hell does Dan continue to try fake punts on our own end of the field with a 24-0 lead. Biggest wtf moments ever. Brought back flashbacks of the Auburn game in 2014.

I seen it dawg
09-11-2016, 09:00 PM
Just hit the damn 7 iron dan. Put up the 3 wood.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2016, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure, but I'm fairly sure that they always go left & never, ever, ever work

djaymsu5
09-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Lol Dan makes me want to beat my head against the wall sometimes. #GetOutOfYourOwnWayDan

Homedawg
09-11-2016, 10:26 PM
The fake punt was way better than him not kicking the fg. Which was the dumbest thing I've ever seen

djaymsu5
09-11-2016, 10:45 PM
The fake punt was way better than him not kicking the fg. Which was the dumbest thing I've ever seen

Yea I mean they were both pretty dumb. But seriously you're up 24-0. What is the need for a fake punt? I'm sure some of the other coaches in the SEC watch his film and think this guy is the smartest dumbass I've ever seen. Don't worry about game planning for him cause he will beat himself at some point.

archdog
09-11-2016, 10:47 PM
Some point? You mean last week?

tireddawg
09-11-2016, 10:48 PM
I didn't mind going for, but should have used a bigger back or different play

djaymsu5
09-11-2016, 10:53 PM
Some point? You mean last week?

Yea I mean at some point in the game he will go full retard and screw his team over by doing something stupid.

M.Fillmore
09-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Les Miles was interviewed before playing MSU back in the Crxxm error. He said LSU would go as vanilla as possible because he knew that MSU would self-destruct.

AROB44
09-12-2016, 05:51 AM
Dan does it to give ya'll something else to bitch about. He would not want you to run out of things to criticize him on. *****

BoomBoom
09-12-2016, 06:26 AM
already but why in the hell does Dan continue to try fake punts on our own end of the field with a 24-0 lead. Biggest wtf moments ever. Brought back flashbacks of the Auburn game in 2014.

It's a tipoff that he doesn't really know what he's doing.

djaymsu5
09-12-2016, 06:32 AM
Les Miles was interviewed before playing MSU back in the Crxxm error. He said LSU would go as vanilla as possible because he knew that MSU would self-destruct.

We are all witnesses of it over the years. Can you blame him?

missouridawg
09-12-2016, 06:38 AM
So we complain all week and even aft r this game too that we can't out a team away in the 2nd half.... And our coach does something that tries to give our team a second half spark and we complain about it?

With the way our defense was playing, I was completely OK with the fake punt. I like that he was taking risks.

Bubb Rubb
09-12-2016, 08:07 AM

I liked the call. 4th and 1 with a chance to extend the lead while you have momentum. Check that....I loved the call.

The problem is execution. We have to come up with a better-designed punt fake.

DudyDawg
09-12-2016, 08:07 AM
So we complain all week and even aft r this game too that we can't out a team away in the 2nd half.... And our coach does something that tries to give our team a second half spark and we complain about it?

With the way our defense was playing, I was completely OK with the fake punt. I like that he was taking risks.

Just wait till next week they'll complain about him playing too conservative

TrapGame
09-12-2016, 08:13 AM
Complaining after a win against a conference opponent. Sweet Baby Shiva, people this is getting ridiculous. Dan coached circles around Boom all night long. Y'all give it a rest.

EdDawg
09-12-2016, 08:20 AM
I like the fake punt call, but I would let Cooke run to the sideline and if he can get the yard go for it, if not rugby punt.

Dental Dawg33
09-12-2016, 08:45 AM
Complaining after a win against a conference opponent. Sweet Baby Shiva, people this is getting ridiculous. Dan coached circles around Boom all night long. Y'all give it a rest.

^^ This

BoomBoom
09-12-2016, 08:57 AM

Particularly those halftime adjustments.**

Hypnodawg
09-12-2016, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure I would have gone fake punt there, but I'm sure not upset over it. Dan fixed a lot of problems from week 1. We need to have a little trickery in our play calling. Fire, ass chewing, and imagination. He definitely made the future look brighter. Give the man some credit.

If CDM will just start pounding the middle with a sledge hammer instead of a spatula, we may go to a bowl game.

sleepy dawg
09-12-2016, 09:03 AM
I hate fake punts. I would just rather line up and go for it if we're going to go for it... As for going for it instead of kicking a FG, I didn't mind.

HoopsDawg
09-12-2016, 09:13 AM
The fake punt should have been taken off when South Carolina went punt safe. They also left their starting D-line in the game. It had almost no chance of working. I like aggressiveness more than anyone, but it was the wrong call at the wrong time. Dan doesn't seem to have a feel for the trick plays on special teams.

maroonmania
09-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Yea I mean they were both pretty dumb. But seriously you're up 24-0. What is the need for a fake punt? I'm sure some of the other coaches in the SEC watch his film and think this guy is the smartest dumbass I've ever seen. Don't worry about game planning for him cause he will beat himself at some point.

Sometimes I think Dan is very intelligent but somehow lacks some measure of common sense. Only thing that explains some the unexplainable decisions he makes. Yes, the fake punt up 21-0 on Auburn in 2014 and the fake punt up 24-0 on SC were both equally asinine. A fake punt is something you do when YOU need a big play to keep a drive alive or need momentum to shift your way NOT when you have the game in hand. The last thing you want to do in those situations is give the opposing team a short field. Also, other things like not taking the FG the other night on our second drive (after the long Fitz run) to go up 2 scores when you just LOST 2 yards back to three on 4th made little sense and could have been very costly. The constant ramming of Holloway up the middle speaks for itself as head scratching.

Todd4State
09-12-2016, 10:21 AM
I don't mind it this one time even though I agree they were bad decisions in general because I was happy to see us be more aggressive.

BoomBoom
09-12-2016, 11:01 AM
Sometimes I think Dan is very intelligent but somehow lacks some measure of common sense. Only thing that explains some the unexplainable decisions he makes. Yes, the fake punt up 21-0 on Auburn in 2014 and the fake punt up 24-0 on SC were both equally asinine. A fake punt is something you do when YOU need a big play to keep a drive alive or need momentum to shift your way NOT when you have the game in hand. The last thing you want to do in those situations is give the opposing team a short field. Also, other things like not taking the FG the other night on our second drive (after the long Fitz run) to go up 2 scores when you just LOST 2 yards back to three on 4th made little sense and could have been very costly. The constant ramming of Holloway up the middle speaks for itself as head scratching.

I'm beginning to think he only does it because he feels a HC has to use fakes every now and then, and he's too afraid of losing a game because of one, so he'll only do it with a big lead.