PDA

View Full Version : Something I haven't seen talked about

Spiderman
09-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Is how dominate Simmons was in the 1st half.

And it had an effect in the 2nd half.

Those bad snaps? All because that center is still gonna be seeing #98 in his bad dreams for awhile.

1st year-itis kinda got him in 2nd half. Takes a lot more stamina when somebody is actually making you fight thru a block, unlike HS.

Still, he's as good as advertised if he has the work ethic and commitment.

Ricky Woods made the statement to a guy that he was the best HS D-Linman he had ever seen.

Coach woods has sent, and seen many that excelled in the SEC.

High praise.

And was very surprised to see him playing nose. Before camp a D coach personally told me he would be a 4-4i

I seen it dawg
09-11-2016, 08:45 PM
Yeah we were talking about that. Also it changed the way they were having to block whe he was in the game. He blew up solo and a couple of doubles so the center started just opening his hips to where he wanted him to go and letting Simmons go. He's gonna be so damn good. Just wait until Sweat (Julius peppers) lines up next to him next fall. Holy shit.

BayouDawg
09-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Simmons is a monster! I can't remember the last time we had a true frosh look so college ready from the get go. I'm just glad he doesn't play running back we wouldn't see him until 2018.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 09:16 PM
I'm a Simmons fan. He is a special player. It will be interesting to see how he compares to guys like Cox and Jones down the line. But he definitely has a high ceiling and he's just scratching the surface.

Homedawg
09-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Simmons is light years ahead of jones at the same point. Jones spent two years bitching he was a 310 lb de and he was a 310 lb dt all along that took a TON of plays off.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2016, 08:57 AM
"But Dan won't play freshmen.....whine."

That kind of got blown out of the water, again.

tcdog70
09-12-2016, 11:41 AM
i said early on Simmons might play some nose but was told what an idiot I was that he was for sure a DE. He basically can play wherever they put him on the DL. makes sense to Me to have Him destroy the Center and bring pressure up the Middle.