PDA

View Full Version : This is why Saban is so good.

Pinto
09-11-2016, 06:09 PM
"We have lots of work to do," Saban said. "We're going to play a lot better teams. I didn't think we practiced very well this week. I didn't think we prepared very well for this game. I don't think we respected the team we played. Like I said before, when you're arrogant, it makes you complacent. It creates a blatant disregard for doing things right. If we don't start doing things right, we're not going to have the kind of success that we're capable of."

Madisonmd
09-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Reason Saban is so good , he has the better players!

bulldawg28
09-11-2016, 07:00 PM

This. And as he said, he doesn't mind giving ass chewings.

klong-dog
09-11-2016, 07:00 PM
Suck Faban

msstatelp1
09-11-2016, 07:05 PM
It's hard to argue with success .

Leroy Jenkins
09-11-2016, 07:07 PM

If Nick and Dan switch teams, Alabama still wins. No doubt.

I seen it dawg
09-11-2016, 07:19 PM

Which he is responsible for getting there.

I seen it dawg
09-11-2016, 07:20 PM

Maybe for a year or 2. After that we are bama and bama is Mullen st. And Saban beats his ass every year.

TUSK
09-11-2016, 07:24 PM
"We have lots of work to do," Saban said. "We're going to play a lot better teams. I didn't think we practiced very well this week. I didn't think we prepared very well for this game. I don't think we respected the team we played. Like I said before, when you're arrogant, it makes you complacent. It creates a blatant disregard for doing things right. If we don't start doing things right, we're not going to have the kind of success that we're capable of."

He's not blowing smoke (this time).... Pre-Snap penalties, drops and disjointed interior line play...

They shoulda hung 60 on WKU...

shoeless joe
09-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Saban is an outstanding college football coach...maybe the best ever. Don't let bama hate, which I have as much as anyone, get in the way of recognizing how great a coach he is.

Any coach of any sport can look at what he does and how he does it and take things away that will make them a better coach. As much as I hate bama I am a huge fan of Saban the coach.

LC Dawg
09-11-2016, 07:35 PM
A lot of college coaches have the intensity of Saban at the beginning of their career but as they accumulate money and have a pretty nice life they lose that intensity. It's almost like Saban was created in a lab to be a great college coach.

was21
09-11-2016, 07:35 PM
There is definitely a fine line between genius and insanity. In his case, it's a convincing case that he is an insane genius.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 07:36 PM

And he plays the best ones regardless of class.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 07:37 PM
He's not blowing smoke (this time).... Pre-Snap penalties, drops and disjointed interior line play...

They shoulda hung 60 on WKU...

I wish Dan would get pissed off for a performance like that.

bulldawg28
09-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Its happening

dawgs
09-11-2016, 08:38 PM
it seems like coaches enjoy coaching down a bit to a team they know they'll still beat (non-P5 team, FCS teams) so they have a reason for getting after players and pushing them to get better. every year bama seems to play pretty mediocre in a game like this (remember a few years ago when ga southern ran for 300+ yards against bama after they shut down sec running games all year?), and saban comes out and says the same thing he said after this game. i think mullen does it too. the difference is bama is so talented, they still win the game 38-13 or something, whereas we get south alabama'd on occasion.

maroonmania
09-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Saban is an outstanding college football coach...maybe the best ever. Don't let bama hate, which I have as much as anyone, get in the way of recognizing how great a coach he is.

Any coach of any sport can look at what he does and how he does it and take things away that will make them a better coach. As much as I hate bama I am a huge fan of Saban the coach.

Very true, but his system of playing VERY sound, fundamental VANILLA football really only works at a championship level at a blue blood program. He could not play the style he does and have unusual type success at a slightly lower tier school.

djaymsu5
09-11-2016, 08:49 PM

Someone needs to send that shit to Mullen. Arrogant ass

djaymsu5
09-11-2016, 08:51 PM
A lot of college coaches have the intensity of Saban at the beginning of their career but as they accumulate money and have a pretty nice life they lose that intensity. It's almost like Saban was created in a lab to be a great college coach.

Saban is just highly motivated to be the best college coach ever. He's got the chance to do it.

TimberBeast
09-11-2016, 09:22 PM

Not even close to correct. Do you think Holloway would receive a single handoff if Saban were our coach? Saban would take our current team and beat a Mullen led bama team with ease.

Homedawg
09-11-2016, 09:50 PM
Not even close to correct. Do you think Holloway would receive a single handoff if Saban were our coach? Saban would take our current team and beat a Mullen led bama team with ease.

Oh my lord......you've lost your mind.

rolodawg
09-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Very true, but his system of playing VERY sound, fundamental VANILLA football really only works at a championship level at a blue blood program. He could not play the style he does and have unusual type success at a slightly lower tier school.

Pretty sure he was winning at the other MSU, which is not a Blue Blood program, with the same styles.

LC Dawg
09-11-2016, 10:46 PM
Pretty sure he was winning at the other MSU, which is not a Blue Blood program, with the same styles.

His record at the other MSU is not that impressive. Having Alabama written on his shirt when recruiting is definitely an advantage and helps solidify his greatness as a college coach.

BrokerDawg
09-12-2016, 11:16 AM
His record at the other MSU is not that impressive. Having Alabama written on his shirt when recruiting is definitely an advantage and helps solidify his greatness as a college coach.

Nick Saban's Record at Michigan State
6-5-1 loss in Independence Bowl
6-6 loss in Sun Bowl
7-5 loss in Aloha Bowl
6-6 No Bowl
9-2 Invited to Citrus but did not coach because he left for MSU
34-24-1 overall

Dan Mullen 1st 5 years at the real MSU:
5-7
9-4 win in Gator Bowl
7-6 win in Music City Bowl
8-5 Loss in Gator Bowl
7-6 win in Liberty Bowl
36-28 overall

Looks pretty damn comparable to me. If I need to go through the advantages that he has at LSU and Bama then I have no idea what to say. Mullen has his faults but the level of dumbassery on this board the last few weeks is amazing. Oh and the greatest coach in college football lost to Croom and Louisiana Monroe back to back in his first season at Bama.

Political Hack
09-12-2016, 11:28 AM
When asked what he was arguing with Kiffin about during the game he said, that wasn't an argument, that was an ass chewing. That's why he's a good coach. His players fumble and he lights a fire under the coaches ass. Players we that and they'll play harder to protect their coach, assuming they like him.