PDA

View Full Version : Some things I saw last night....

DeviousDawg
09-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Just before opening kickoff, they put Mullen on the jumbotron and he looked up and started pumping up the crowd. We haven't seen anything like that from Mullen in years.

Game wise, it was good to see Jordan Thomas get a bunch of snaps. He looked the part and experience is all he needs. I think he did have a bad drop but that is expected.

Jamal Peters looked very good at corner.

Saw some good things from Traver Jung.

Jeff Simmons is the most talented player on our roster.

Fitz played like we all expected him to before the season. 19-29 178 yards, 2 TD 1 INT to go along with 195 rush yards. We finally have a quarterback.

Brandon Holloway: 15 carries for 55 yards with 22 of the yards coming on one play, take that run away and he had 33 yards on 14 carries. Shumpert and A. Williams combined: 10 carries for 49 yards.

Gabe Myles had a HORRIBLE drop that would've gone for a long touchdown. Unacceptable from a veteran.

All in all it was a very good performance, this team had a chance to fold after losing to South Alabama, but instead they used it as motivation and came out looking like a completely different team in week 2. IF we can find a way to get some points in the second half, I think we have a good chance in Death Valley next weekend. If we can score 21 points we will win.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 03:36 PM
I agree on everything. I did find it funny as a lifelong MSU fan that you said we finally found a QB only two games post Dak. I get your point though.

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 03:49 PM
Stubborn Dan still using Holloway in the wrong way at the expense of bigger, younger backs that need a chance to see the field ( I , of course don't see practice). Hope this changes against LSU. Hail State!

Bucky Dog
09-11-2016, 03:53 PM
Just before opening kickoff, they put Mullen on the jumbotron and he looked up and started pumping up the crowd. We haven't seen anything like that from Mullen in years.

Game wise, it was good to see Jordan Thomas get a bunch of snaps. He looked the part and experience is all he needs. I think he did have a bad drop but that is expected.

Jamal Peters looked very good at corner.

Saw some good things from Traver Jung.

Jeff Simmons is the most talented player on our roster.

Fitz played like we all expected him to before the season. 19-29 178 yards, 2 TD 1 INT to go along with 195 rush yards. We finally have a quarterback.

Brandon Holloway: 15 carries for 55 yards with 22 of the yards coming on one play, take that run away and he had 33 yards on 14 carries. Shumpert and A. Williams combined: 10 carries for 49 yards.

Gabe Myles had a HORRIBLE drop that would've gone for a long touchdown. Unacceptable from a veteran.

All in all it was a very good performance, this team had a chance to fold after losing to South Alabama, but instead they used it as motivation and came out looking like a completely different team in week 2. IF we can find a way to get some points in the second half, I think we have a good chance in Death Valley next weekend. If we can score 21 points we will win.

Did you see the Touhy's handing out free tacos?

basedog
09-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Ward/DB had some really good plays.

Cooke is a weapon, that 71 punt was a Ray Guy punt.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 03:57 PM

I think Cooke might end up being the best we have ever had in school history. All of his kickoffs are in the end zone it seems.

msstate7
09-11-2016, 03:58 PM

Cooke has to be very careful out kicking coverage this week. White is as dangerous a punt returner we'll see all year

DeviousDawg
09-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Did you see the Touhy's handing out free tacos?

Haha, I heard they were in Oxford. I did hear that Jeremy Liggins and Rod Taylor need to lay off the free tacos, don't want withdrawal symptoms to set in after they are cut off.

DeviousDawg
09-11-2016, 04:05 PM
I think Cooke might end up being the best we have ever had in school history. All of his kickoffs are in the end zone it seems.

His leg is definitely a weapon.

youraveragesavage
09-11-2016, 04:08 PM
It's a damn shame ESPN didn't show Mullen before kickoff. He was wound up!

RocketDawg
09-11-2016, 04:13 PM
It's a damn shame ESPN didn't show Mullen before kickoff. He was wound up!

Just watched my recording this morning after I got home. They didn't show pre-game, but they showed his pump up session after the lightning delay was finally over going into the second half. He was quite intense there.

Another thing that was bad about the lightning delay ... all those kids that were getting ready to perform, probably something they were really looking forward to, never did get to do a thing except line up.

lamont
09-11-2016, 04:15 PM
Cooke should have a 10 year NFL career