PDA

View Full Version : IF we beat LSU

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 12:04 PM
I think we go on another run. We won't get to #1 having lost to South Alabama of course but based on last time that may not be a bad thing.

Leroy Jenkins
09-11-2016, 12:18 PM
If we beat LSU we will be back on par, one we didnt expect to lose and one we didn't expect to win; looking at some winnable games between us and bama.

SDDawg
09-11-2016, 12:50 PM
It's a huge IF for us but I could see it. We beat LSU and stay healthy after that, this will be a nice season. South Alabama won't define this season if the team can win a game like that one.

MarketingBully
09-11-2016, 12:58 PM
I think we catch LSU looking ahead to Auburn next week. Our key will be IMO keeping the intensity for four quarters. We need to play a complete game with no let up. We need to get after the QB whoever it is. A mobile QB gave LSU's defense fits and I think our run game passing game mix will allow us to move the ball on them. Will be interesting to see how we do. We should be playing loose next weekend.

GTHOM
09-11-2016, 01:03 PM
I think we've got a realistic shot to beat them. Im just not very impressed by them. We were better than them last year and found a way to lose. Cant happen again

MaroonFlounder
09-11-2016, 01:21 PM
LSU didn't play Fournette last night. He will be fresh and rested for the game. The good thing is....I believe the MSU run defense is better this year. Or they may not have been tested yet.

TrapGame
09-11-2016, 01:38 PM
LSU didn't play Fournette last night. He will be fresh and rested for the game. The good thing is....I believe the MSU run defense is better this year. Or they may not have been tested yet.

He has an ankle issue that started early in Fall camp. He will not be 100%.

BorneDawg
09-11-2016, 01:39 PM
Worried about the new lsu qb . he looked way better than Harris. Felt better with them playing Harris and mostly running into our strength but the new guy is better all around. what you guys think

parabrave
09-11-2016, 01:55 PM
WWL was saying that they think Fournettes ankle is hurt worse than they are letting on.

msbulldog
09-11-2016, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry can't see it. LSU at home is tough. Lot of talent on that team. But, I would like to brag in my workplace instead of listening to their BS.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2016, 02:03 PM
I think we catch LSU looking ahead to Auburn next week.

I don't know if we have a chance next Saturday or not, but why would LSU overlook us & look ahead to Auburn?

That doesn't make much sense.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Realistically we have little shot at this one. Let's go play it though, you never know what might happen.

MetEdDawg
09-11-2016, 02:17 PM
They give up running yards to the QB. Fitz can keep us in it. Question I have is will they shred us in the air? I think we score enough points to make it a game. Can we get pressure up front and help our secondary.

RougeDawg
09-11-2016, 02:19 PM
WWL was saying that they think Fournettes ankle is hurt worse than they are letting on.

This. Living in the area there are definitely rumors of LSU trying to hide the severity of it. From what I initially heard the day it happened it sounded like a bone break how it happened but never was confirmed.

Dawgfan77
09-11-2016, 02:20 PM
We beat a very bad USCE team. Should have scored about 6 more . Going for on 4th and goal and the int. LSU is on a whole different level than USCE

RougeDawg
09-11-2016, 02:23 PM
As long as Lesticles is on the sideline and we don't have A one dimensional offense, we will be competitive with LSU. The years they completely obliterated us we had no passing threat and they stopped the run. Then our inadequate QB play was out eventual doom. I'm so sick of people staring we have no shot, but fail to look at why they dominated us so long. We are no longer that team. We don't line up power I and try to play smash mouth with them. Our offense now neutralizes some of that talent. When we have a mobile QB with above average passing skills we give them fits. Hell Dan has really only had 1-2 bad games against LSU. The other 5 we did or could/should have won.

msstate7
09-11-2016, 02:24 PM
We beat a very bad USCE team. Should have scored about 6 more . Going for on 4th and goal and the int. LSU is on a whole different level than USCE

Lsu should be on a whole different level, but they haven't been impressive at all to me. They are loaded with talent though, so they could go off any game... With our history vs them, Saturday is a good bet for their coming out party. If lsu plays like they have been though, we have a chance

msbulldog
09-11-2016, 02:25 PM
They got a new QB, Etling pretty good passer.

msstate7
09-11-2016, 02:28 PM

6-14 100 yds 1 td 1 int

2nd half...
0-6 1 int 1 fumble

Personally i think les goes with Harris after seeing mcllwain have some success as a mobile qb

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2016, 02:32 PM

Not saying your right or wrong, but what makes you believe this?

http://i.imgur.com/vdaPTgk.jpg

Leroy Jenkins
09-11-2016, 02:37 PM
We have a better chance of beating LSU in BR than USA has of beating us in S'ville.

GreenheadDawg
09-11-2016, 02:49 PM
We have a better chance of beating LSU in BR than USA has of beating us in S'ville.

Truth^. LSU has looked pedestrian on both sides of the ball. I expected their defense to be lights out this year but they have been disappointing. I think they are more talented than us at most positions but I think we have a legitimate shot. Gonna be a tough road but it can be done

DancingRabbit
09-11-2016, 02:51 PM
I think we'll be in the game late if we don't have multiple turnovers. Their QBs are terrible but will still connect on a couple big pass plays.

Our run D looks promising and if LF is not 100% we have a chance to keep them to 21 or maybe 17. Question is, can we put up 21+ on a good defense? If I were Les, I'd put a spy on Fitz and make us beat them with his arm and our RBs.

TrapGame
09-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Truth^. LSU has looked pedestrian on both sides of the ball. I expected their defense to be lights out this year but they have been disappointing. I think they are more talented than us at most positions but I think we have a legitimate shot. Gonna be a tough road but it can be done

They said LSU getting Wisconsin's DC was an upgrade but it doesn't look like it.

Maroonthirteen
09-11-2016, 03:22 PM
If.... I'll ship my pants.

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 04:35 PM
We'll half to score more than our avg of 3 pts per second half thus far.

msstate7
09-11-2016, 04:38 PM
We'll half to score more than our avg of 3 pts per second half thus far.

Lsu has scored 7 points offensively in each of the 2nd halves of their games. They aren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard either

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 04:47 PM
True, but very worried about our CB's, especially Smokey giving a big cushion against usually very good LSU WR's even with their problems at QB. We are also having nightmares covering TE's in both games thus far.

Taog Redloh
09-11-2016, 04:49 PM
We aren't beating LSU.

msstate7
09-11-2016, 04:50 PM
True, but very worried about our CB's, especially Smokey giving a big cushion against usually very good LSU WR's even with their problems at QB. We are also having nightmares covering TE's in both games thus far.

We can't cover lsu's wr's. If their qb gets then the ball and they don't drop it, we're gonna lose

EdDawg
09-11-2016, 04:55 PM
We aren't beating LSU.

We aren't losing to USA.*

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Loved watching Fritz break the MSU single game rushing record for a QB, but they will key on him and show the RB beside him no respect if it's Holloway.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Calling it now...Westin Graves gets redemption for South Alabama and he makes up for Devon Bells long attempt last year and we win 26-24!!!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-11-2016, 04:57 PM
That's a big If...

msstate7
09-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Calling it now...Westin Graves gets redemption for South Alabama and he makes up for Devon Bells long attempt last year and we win 26-24!!!

I hope you're right. That would be a huge win for us

msstate7
09-11-2016, 04:59 PM
That's a big If...

I agree. Dupre has dropped everything. Their qb's aren't good. We can pressure the qb and I think we can hold our own vs the run. My biggest fears are fitz throwing ints and punting to white.

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 04:59 PM
A friend sitting next to me pointed out that Westin's extra points were even drifting to the left. Is this kind of like trouble with a golf swing and can be corrected?

RougeDawg
09-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Another consequence of a Bulldog win this coming weekend will be the end of Miles' tenure at Ellis Yeaux.

TUSK
09-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Harris on the bench is "addition by subtraction"....

BB30
09-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Secondary is going to have to pick it up a good bit to have a chance. Our wrs can't drop as many passes and we have to get points in the red zone. We do that and I think we have a shot. This Lsu team is better than they are playing i think it will be a good one though.

Dawgology
09-11-2016, 07:56 PM
It's a huge IF for us but I could see it. We beat LSU and stay healthy after that, this will be a nice season. South Alabama won't define this season if the team can win a game like that one.

I think that first game will be seen as a program shifting loss that pushed Mullen and this team to aspire for greater things or (if the wheels fall off) will be seen as the beginning of the end for the Mullen ere. This is of course in hindsight and three months away but it WILL be pointed to as the catalyst for one or the other...as it should be. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

RocketDawg
09-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Another consequence of a Bulldog win this coming weekend will be the end of Miles' tenure at Ellis Yeaux.

Well, if that happens it won't be the first coach that gets fired after losing to us. Losing to MSU must be the worst thing that can happen to a team.

TUSK
09-11-2016, 08:20 PM

oh, crap.... I hadn't thought of that... I want Les there 4EVA....

DownwardDawg
09-11-2016, 08:34 PM
If.... I'll ship my pants.

Where will you ship them to? Just curious.

I seen it dawg
09-11-2016, 08:39 PM
I just can't see any way we can win. I hope I'm wrong but I can't wrap my mind around it even if Harris starts.

Jarius
09-11-2016, 09:24 PM

What LSU team have you been watching this year? They are average.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 09:40 PM
I think that first game will be seen as a program shifting loss that pushed Mullen and this team to aspire for greater things or (if the wheels fall off) will be seen as the beginning of the end for the Mullen ere. This is of course in hindsight and three months away but it WILL be pointed to as the catalyst for one or the other...as it should be. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

You are 100% on the money with this. We'll see just how it defines us but for one half it was promising.

GTHOM
09-11-2016, 09:54 PM

How many times have we seen and heard this from LSU. Its not the QB its the coaching thats garbage in Baton Rouge. We've got a shot to beat them

Schultzy
09-11-2016, 09:57 PM
50,000 vCash on the 2nd half under please

dotcomdawg
09-11-2016, 10:17 PM
It would be nice if Nick Fitzgerald and Brandon Holloway would retroactively adopt Louisiana as their home state and quickly develop a chip on their shoulders for getting ignored until the last minute by their newly adopted home-state's major university.

Corn Bread
09-11-2016, 10:47 PM
It would be nice if Nick Fitzgerald and Brandon Holloway would retroactively adopt Louisiana as their home state and quickly develop a chip on their shoulders for getting ignored until the last minute by their newly adopted home-state's major university.

Old saying in drag racing, Run with what you brung. Let's get down there and bust there ass. Just a reminder two years ago," they have no idea what is about to hit this field"!

Beaver
09-11-2016, 11:51 PM
1st quarter could be the key imo. Seems like both teams are fairly fragile mentally. If MSU gets up 2 scores pretty quickly, the fans will boo Miles, and the rest of the team will probably fold. On the other hand if LSU gets up quickly, then Tiger Stadium comes alive and Mullen gets that look on his face like he's about to crap himself...

msbulldog
09-12-2016, 07:01 AM
Not saying your right or wrong, but what makes you believe this?

http://i.imgur.com/vdaPTgk.jpg

I guess I should have said better than Harris, I saw a quote from Etling's former coach at Purdue that he was a great passer.

Dawgology
09-12-2016, 08:50 AM
1st quarter could be the key imo. Seems like both teams are fairly fragile mentally. If MSU gets up 2 scores pretty quickly, the fans will boo Miles, and the rest of the team will probably fold. On the other hand if LSU gets up quickly, then Tiger Stadium comes alive and Mullen gets that look on his face like he's about to crap himself...

I hope he at least looks like he is shitting fire like he did this past weekend. If your going to lose at least be pissed as hell about it. If MSU comes out with the type of performance they had in the first half of the USCe game at LSU...and maintain that intensity throughout the game...then we have at least a shot at winning.

maroonmania
09-12-2016, 09:03 AM
What LSU team have you been watching this year? They are average.

We would stand an excellent chance of beating LSU in BR IF we only had to play them one half of a football game.

msstate7
09-12-2016, 09:08 AM
We would stand an excellent chance of beating LSU in BR IF we only had to play them one half of a football game.

Lsu has scored 7 points offensively in each of their first 2 second halves.

Jarius
09-12-2016, 09:14 AM

Like I said, what LSU team have you been watching? We may not win (will certainly be the underdog), but they aren't anything to be scared of.

louisvilledawg
09-12-2016, 09:21 AM
As long as Lesticles is on the sideline and we don't have A one dimensional offense, we will be competitive with LSU. The years they completely obliterated us we had no passing threat and they stopped the run. Then our inadequate QB play was out eventual doom. I'm so sick of people staring we have no shot, but fail to look at why they dominated us so long. We are no longer that team. We don't line up power I and try to play smash mouth with them. Our offense now neutralizes some of that talent. When we have a mobile QB with above average passing skills we give them fits. Hell Dan has really only had 1-2 bad games against LSU. The other 5 we did or could/should have won.

More like "we give them Fitz"

amirite?

Duckdog
09-12-2016, 10:24 AM
More like "we give them Fitz"

amirite?

just stop please

louisvilledawg
09-12-2016, 10:28 AM
just stop please

http://gif-o-pedia.tumblr.com/post/12310391715

louisvilledawg
09-12-2016, 10:35 AM
just stop please

http://i.imgur.com/2zcyO.gif

Political Hack
09-12-2016, 10:37 AM
If Harris would kick the ball towards his WRs instead of using his arm, they'd beat us by 40. But if he throws it, we have a chance.

Our DL could be an equalizer in this game. If they dominate for four quarters, we will have a good shot.