PDA

View Full Version : Coman, Holloway, .....

Apoplectic
09-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Why is it every year there are players that get way too much PT for their ability? This has to affect team chemistry and recruiting.

Who will it be next year?

ZedFedder
09-11-2016, 11:59 AM
Holloway is a very good player. He cannot help it that he is being called to run up the middle at 160.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Why is it every year there are players that get way too much PT for their ability? This has to affect team chemistry and recruiting.

Honestly once Coman, Holloway, Shumpert and Senior graduate we will be much better. I like pretty much everyone else.

gtowndawg
09-11-2016, 12:09 PM
I hate it becuase Holloway is a legit good player. If he was used properly he would be held in high esteem by every bulldog fan. But he can't say no when he's being told to run off tackle 6 times a game. I appreciate his toughness and committment though.

Apoplectic
09-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Honestly once Coman, Holloway, Shumpert and Senior graduate we will be much better. I like pretty much everyone else.

WWSD?
What would saban do?

djaymsu5
09-11-2016, 01:40 PM

It'll be Kelan Chairs and Harris starting at backer over Thompson and Washingon next year. Not because they are better but just cause they are older.

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Aries and Lee will get RB snaps. Gibson and Murphy to special teams. Hill will be redshirted.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 05:37 PM
It'll be Kelan Chairs and Harris starting at backer over Thompson and Washingon next year. Not because they are better but just cause they are older.

I think we play Spencer at viper, Green, Lewis at inside linebacker and then Gray and Jung at Star. Assuming Sirmon is still around.

Really Clark?
09-11-2016, 05:38 PM

Because that's what we've always done at LB. Wait a lowly ranked McKinney started 10 games as a redshirt freshman. And Skinner started 11 games as a redshirt sophomore

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Because that's what we've always done at LB. Wait a lowly ranked McKinney started 10 games as a redshirt freshman. And Skinner started 11 games as a redshirt sophomore

Zach Jackson says hi.

Homedawg
09-11-2016, 05:46 PM

Make a case for Holloway not getting 15 carries and I'll agree. Coman not playing and I'll argue tooth and nail. He's the best safety we have consistency wise and it's not close. Bryant has more upside and will get there but TODAY Coman is better. But it's great that all you people have zero clue and continue to bitch about our best safety. Carry on.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Make a case for Holloway not getting 15 carries and I'll agree. Coman not playing and I'll argue tooth and nail. He's the best safety we have consistency wise and it's not close. Bryant has more upside and will get there but TODAY Coman is better. But it's great that all you people have zero clue and continue to bitch about our best safety. Carry on.

I thought Ifyouonlyknew was Dan Mullen?

Homedawg
09-11-2016, 05:51 PM
I thought Ifyouonlyknew was Dan Mullen?

I expect you to disagree. That's what you do. In this case it's not even close. Not close.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 06:01 PM
I expect you to disagree. That's what you do. In this case it's not even close. Not close.

The stats and eye test agree with me so you keep being you too. Miraculously without even attending a practice either.

Because apparently Aeris being a full yard better per attempt than Holloway isn't good enough for you. Nor is Coman getting beat three times for approx. 85 yards by my unofficial count against South Alabama plus Bryant having more picks and Peters having just as many picks in one game as Coman's entire career.

All I know is Dan actually did what I wanted for one half and the score was 24-0. Dan agreed with you for a game and a half and lost to South Alabama and lost the half to South Carolina 14-3. But yes please tell us all how much smarter you are than everyone else

Really Clark?
09-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Zach Jackson says hi.

Benni Brown says up yours***

Homedawg
09-11-2016, 08:17 PM
The stats and eye test agree with me so you keep being you too. Miraculously without even attending a practice either.

Because apparently Aeris being a full yard better per attempt than Holloway isn't good enough for you. Nor is Coman getting beat three times for approx. 85 yards by my unofficial count against South Alabama plus Bryant having more picks and Peters having just as many picks in one game as Coman's entire career.

All I know is Dan actually did what I wanted for one half and the score was 24-0. Dan agreed with you for a game and a half and lost to South Alabama and lost the half to South Carolina 14-3. But yes please tell us all how much smarter you are than everyone else

Um what stats? I never said I wanted holloway over anyone. But if that makes you feel better carry on. And as for defensive stats some are never seen. Such as the first play of yesterday's game where Bryant didn't cover the deep ball in cover two and it wnet incomplete, but I'm sure you didn't notice huh? 85 yards on Coman? Huh interesting. You just have no clue. No point in going further on that one because your last point was so stupid. Dan did what in the 1st that you wanted that he didn't do in the second? We got conservative period. Simmons played a good bit both halves so how can that be we only play ole guys. Get your damn tuba, trumpet or flute or whatever it is you played in the band and stick to that. Because you aren't anything more than a grandstand complainer. And yeah I've been to a practice so there's that....

djaymsu5
09-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Um what stats? I never said I wanted holloway over anyone. But if that makes you feel better carry on. And as for defensive stats some are never seen. Such as the first play of yesterday's game where Bryant didn't cover the deep ball in cover two and it wnet incomplete, but I'm sure you didn't notice huh? 85 yards on Coman? Huh interesting. You just have no clue. No point in going further on that one because your last point was so stupid. Dan did what in the 1st that you wanted that he didn't do in the second? We got conservative period. Simmons played a good bit both halves so how can that be we only play ole guys. Get your damn tuba, trumpet or flute or whatever it is you played in the band and stick to that. Because you aren't anything more than a grandstand complainer. And yeah I've been to a practice so there's that....

Just curious, what has Coman done to make him the best safety we have? He takes terrible angles and is stiff in his hips. He's a heavy hitter when he can square someone up but I think Bryant and McLaurin are our best option at the two safeties spots. Not saying Coman shouldn't play cause we need him considering the lack of depth at the position but he's no better than McLaurin IMO. But I would start Bryant and McLaurin and roll with it.

Bdawg
09-11-2016, 08:45 PM
Just curious, what has Coman done to make him the best safety we have? He takes terrible angles and is stiff in his hips. He's a heavy hitter when he can square someone up but I think Bryant and McLaurin are our best option at the two safeties spots. Not saying Coman shouldn't play cause we need him considering the lack of depth at the position but he's no better than McLaurin IMO. But I would start Bryant and McLaurin and roll with it.

Agree with a lot here. Coman's cover skills are s***.

Homedawg
09-11-2016, 08:50 PM

Coman is where is is supposed to be way more often than not. And heavy hitter isn't important just make the tackle. Bryant whiffed 3 times last week. I live Bryant. And I thinks he's going to be really good because he's so athletic, but he's playing anyway. Mclaurin is inexperienced and is often out of position and is playing as much as he should as the third safety.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 09:10 PM

The one where Holloway had 3.9 YPC including a 22 yard run and Aeris had a full yard per carry better than Holloway mostly between the tackles. Back tracking now on Holloway- you're the one that asked someone to make a case for Holloway not getting 15 carries and there it is. What's your case for giving him 15 carries? They better be 15 carries outside the tackles because that's the only somewhat logical argument you could make. But let me guess- Holloway gets in his stance better than Aeries and I'm stupid because I didn't know that and I was in the band right?

So, Bryant can't make a mistake but Coman is allowed to keep getting burned because "he is in position"? Let me give you a band analogy here that maybe you can understand. That would be like me saying a classically trained guitarist is better than Jimi Hendrix because the classically trained guitarist hold his guitar in a more textbook manner. Hey dipshit- last time I checked the whole purpose of the defense was to STOP the other team and get the ball back. Not allow a bunch of yards and just be in position and give up points. See Jamal Peters. Yes, that probably wasn't the most textbook way to play corner BUT because he is a great athlete he was able to make a great play to overcome it and get us the ball back. Give me that over Coman's fundamental in position getting burned for 25 yards every time. It's also the safety's job to break up long passes if possible which is something Coman rarely does.

I haven't said anything about Simmons. Did you really expect me to bitch about him not playing when he was suspended? I am HAPPY that Dan is playing the younger guys now and have given him credit for it as I said he would. He didn't do that last year and has played the younger guys more already this year than he did last. But playing them now has worked out great for the most part. Why would I be upset at Dan for doing what I asked him to and then get results doing what I asked him to do? I want him to KEEP playing the younger guys because they're playing well and making plays for the most part.

My last point wasn't stupid at all. But I would say it makes you look pretty stupid right now. I guarantee you that me being in the band allowed me to see more time on the field than you so there's that.

Homedawg
09-11-2016, 09:40 PM
The one where Holloway had 3.9 YPC including a 22 yard run and Aeris had a full yard per carry better than Holloway mostly between the tackles. Back tracking now on Holloway- you're the one that asked someone to make a case for Holloway not getting 15 carries and there it is. What's your case for giving him 15 carries? They better be 15 carries outside the tackles because that's the only somewhat logical argument you could make. But let me guess- Holloway gets in his stance better than Aeries and I'm stupid because I didn't know that and I was in the band right?

So, Bryant can't make a mistake but Coman is allowed to keep getting burned because "he is in position"? Let me give you a band analogy here that maybe you can understand. That would be like me saying a classically trained guitarist is better than Jimi Hendrix because the classically trained guitarist hold his guitar in a more textbook manner. Hey dipshit- last time I checked the whole purpose of the defense was to STOP the other team and get the ball back. Not allow a bunch of yards and just be in position and give up points. See Jamal Peters. Yes, that probably wasn't the most textbook way to play corner BUT because he is a great athlete he was able to make a great play to overcome it and get us the ball back. Give me that over Coman's fundamental in position getting burned for 25 yards every time. It's also the safety's job to break up long passes if possible which is something Coman rarely does.

I haven't said anything about Simmons. Did you really expect me to bitch about him not playing when he was suspended? I am HAPPY that Dan is playing the younger guys now and have given him credit for it as I said he would. He didn't do that last year and has played the younger guys more already this year than he did last. But playing them now has worked out great for the most part. Why would I be upset at Dan for doing what I asked him to and then get results doing what I asked him to do? I want him to KEEP playing the younger guys because they're playing well and making plays for the most part.

My last point wasn't stupid at all. But I would say it makes you look pretty stupid right now. I guarantee you that me being in the band allowed me to see more time on the field than you so there's that.

I quit reading after first paragraph because I never said anything about holloway. Shit learn how to read. But carry on tuba player.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 09:45 PM

I quit reading after first paragraph because I never said anything about holloway. Shit learn how to read. But carry on tuba player.

Oh really?

You probably should read it. You might learn something.

Homedawg
09-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Oh really?

You probably should read it. You might learn something.

Dumbass, uh, I think if you can read for shit, I was saying he didn't need 15 carries. If you can't see that dude I can't help you. Glad you put it in bold though. Proves you are an idiot!!!

TimberBeast
09-11-2016, 09:57 PM
Dumbass, uh, I think if you can read for shit, I was saying he didn't need 15 carries. If you can't see that dude I can't help you. Glad you put it in bold though. Proves you are an idiot!!!

I think pretty much everyone will read it the same way. What it looks like you said is "if you can give me a reason why Holloway shouldn't get 15 carries a game, maybe I'll agree but right now I agree with him getting 15". That's what it looks like.

Homedawg
09-11-2016, 10:00 PM
I think pretty much everyone will read it the same way. What it looks like you said is "if you can give me a reason why Holloway shouldn't get 15 carries a game, maybe I'll agree but right now I agree with him getting 15". That's what it looks like.

I said make a case, hell any case, and I'll agree. I didn't say he should. Point was if you read the rest of the post, I was agreeing holloway didn't need 15 carries. Not sure how it could have been read any other way.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 10:16 PM
I said make a case, hell any case, and I'll agree. I didn't say he should. Point was if you read the rest of the post, I was agreeing holloway didn't need 15 carries. Not sure how it could have been read any other way.

Well, apparently I wasn't the only one that read it that way so who is the idiot now? Maybe something like you know- "I agree with the OP about Holloway" would have been more clear. But no- you decided that you had to be cute, snarky, trolling trying to prove that you are some kind of an expert on safety play and now you're calling people stupid. L. O. L.

And to make it even more stupid out of the blue you accuse me of being angry at Dan for doing what I asked him to do out of the blue not even 24 hours after I said that I LIKED him playing the younger guys.

You're the moron here. Not me.

Homedawg
09-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Well, apparently I wasn't the only one that read it that way so who is the idiot now? Maybe something like you know- "I agree with the OP about Holloway" would have been more clear. But no- you decided that you had to be cute, snarky, trolling trying to prove that you are some kind of an expert on safety play and now you're calling people stupid. L. O. L.

And to make it even more stupid out of the blue you accuse me of being angry at Dan for doing what I asked him to do out of the blue not even 24 hours after I said that I LIKED him playing the younger guys.

You're the moron here. Not me.

So because 2 people can't read you are right? Congrats. We know you like him playing younger guys, no shit. You beat that drum more than will James beats the don't bunt line. I'm not opposed to younger guys. But just because they are younger and more highly recruited doesn't make them better. And your knowledge is beyond limited. Just bitch to bitch. And what's more amazing is you claim we played less young guys in second half than first so that's the reason we "lost" the second half. More idiocy.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 11:21 PM
So because 2 people can't read you are right? Congrats. We know you like him playing younger guys, no shit. You beat that drum more than will James beats the don't bunt line. I'm not opposed to younger guys. But just because they are younger and more highly recruited doesn't make them better. And your knowledge is beyond limited. Just bitch to bitch. And what's more amazing is you claim we played less young guys in second half than first so that's the reason we "lost" the second half. More idiocy.

I'd be even more amazed if you provided a link where I said this.

So to recap here:

Homedawg asks for a case as to why Holloway shouldn’t get 15 carries. I provide one and Homedawg calls me a moron. Now we’re all morons because he can’t make a point properly.

We are all peons because Coman is better because he is “in position” when he is beat repeatedly burned limiting his damage to only 25 yards at a time rarely breaking up a pass and other things that a safety needs to do well and because Bryant looked bad on that one play that one time which is unforgivable and you dumbasses didn’t notice it because you’re playing a tuba.

Now I’m an idiot because Dan did what I wanted to do and had been “grandstanding” about for a year because we get a chance to blow the Sugar Bowl and the greatest QB in our schools history every lifetime and lo and behold despite my “limited knowledge” we somehow looked the best we have looked in two seasons doing the things I wanted to do. But I’m an idiot for wondering- I used the word “confused” actually- why we went back to what wasn’t working and using the point that we lost to South Alabama and were outscored 14-3 for going away from what was working. All the while COMPLIMENTING Dan for doing what I wanted to do. But I’m “just bitching to bitch”.

My knowledge might be “limited”- but the last time I checked the object of the game was to score more points than the other team. And the best way to do that is usually to put the best people on the field. It’s not ice skating where you get points for how good your players “technique” is.

But please tell us how much more you know about football than the rest of us. Enlighten us. They might actually believe your bullshit if it was actually right for a change and made sense. Or if your opinion was actually backed up in the damn game for once and not on the practice field.

TUSK
09-11-2016, 11:34 PM
WWSD?
What would saban do?

1) It's WWMDLD
2) I bet he'd have him returning kicks...