PDA

View Full Version : Let's give credit, where credit is due

Bucky Dog
09-11-2016, 10:31 AM
With my vodka infused memory working right now, I do want to say last night saw much improvement in areas of concern for me:

Our much maligned OLINE played much better, not allowing a sack, I believe, and playing more physical. Our run. Locking still needs to improve, and some of that may be from Holloway up the middle!

Defense played much more aggressive, but also looked quicker everywhere. Simmons is a freaking beast. Leo made a few mistakes in pass coverage but he has a nose for the ball and has great instincts.

Receivers have to create more separation but Fred had a great game. Gabe cannot drop those balls but this group will only get better each week.

And finally, I told my crowd before the game that I was going to be looking for Dan to be yelling, throwing clipboards and chewing ass. He brought and shouted the emotion, fire, and leadership that his team needed. No matter what his motivation, I think he has turned a corner and is back!

Go Dogs!

basedog
09-11-2016, 11:09 AM
I saw Dear get in a few plays in the second half, I believe he will an asset against the Corndogs. I really like Thomas the big tight end, he reminds me of Reggie Kelly.

Bothrops
09-11-2016, 11:38 AM
Big Thomas can be a weapon against LSU.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 11:44 AM
I saw Dear get in a few plays in the second half, I believe he will an asset against the Corndogs. I really like Thomas the big tight end, he reminds me of Reggie Kelly.

I hope so but I doubt it about Dear. We should motion him from the slot to running back and run him like that at least a couple of times a game.

basedog
09-11-2016, 12:34 PM
I hope so but I doubt it about Dear. We should motion him from the slot to running back and run him like that at least a couple of times a game.

If Dear has his head clear, he will be an impact playmaker. I imagine Dan gave him a few plays to remind him what he is missing. He could take some of the pressure off Fred Ross being doubled team all the time.