PDA

View Full Version : Decent football weekend for me....

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2016, 02:14 AM
We won. My HS team won. Liverpool put a HURT on the defending champs! Only whoever was playing Ole Miss let me down.

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 02:15 AM
Do you think the Arky win was good or bad for us in the future? I know a lot can change before that game.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2016, 02:22 AM
Do you think the Arky win was good or bad for us in the future? I know a lot can change before that game.

If we beat the it was good. If they beat us it was bad. That may sound snarky but it's not nor is it meant to be. It's the bottom line. Now if you ask me what it means to what I think of our chances of beating them, they look to be better than I thought. That may be a key game for the future of our program. We have to win a few more befor that is the case.

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 02:35 AM
I just have trouble at this point in my life in pulling for any SEC team but us, especially West teams. I know that feeling doesn't affect the outcome, but if they are having a bad year, the better for us except the other side of the coin is your need to beat teams with good records to advance in today's FB world. My own personal catch 22, I guess.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2016, 03:01 AM
Pulling for them? Heck no. I might be guilty of pulling for LSU every now and then, I actually enjoy their fans, in small doses. A&M hasn't been around long enough for me to have an opinion one way or another. Auburn.......Cam....to heck with them. Bama......I live too close to Tuscalosa (on the good side of the line, barely). Way too many Bammers around here. All the same people who would have been Rebels when I was a kid are Bammers now. The Confederates? LOL.........The Swine....where do I start? I actually liked them before they joined the SEC. That stemmed from when Lou Holtz was the coach and they suspended 4 of their best players prior to taking on Oklahoma, I think, in the Orange Bowl. They wound up winning the game. Then they joined the SEC, and I got married about the same time. I came into contact with their fans for the first time at games......and I spent time in Little Rock at my in laws for a few years (thankfully they have moved. Little Rock is a nice town if you know where and what to avoid. When it comes to the Swine though, it's best to avoid them all. Everybody goes on about A&M, Auburn, or the Confederates being some sort of cult. They have NOTHING on the Swine. They can be downright scary.

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 03:09 AM
I live on the Bama line. More sidewalk Bama fans with stickers and flags all over Ms. tagged vehicles than State and UNM fans combined. Most have never even been to Bama and couldn't tell you how to get there. Pretty disgusting.