PDA

View Full Version : 529 yards rushing thru 2 games

msstate7
09-10-2016, 11:20 PM
239 last week
290 tonight

I know, I know... Not great competition. Consider this though, you can't pick any 2 games last year and come up with our first 2 games' rushing total this year. 290 tonight is the most in a game since Kentucky '14. Fitz set a school record for rushing yards by a qb in his 3rd start (1st sec).

We've also only given up 1 sack thru 2 games. Hats off to the oline.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Usce defense is pretty dang good. Putting up 290 on them is an accomplishment. We catch a few of those passes we dropped and those yardage numbers and score both go up.

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Our O Linemen, who were recruited to run a read option scheme actually do better when running read option scheme instead of an air raid scheme??? Color me shocked!

HoopsDawg
09-10-2016, 11:34 PM
Our O Linemen, who were recruited to run a read option scheme actually do better when running read option scheme instead of an air raid scheme??? Color me shocked!

If we used a FB like Mullen's first 2 years, we would be really good on offense.

msstate7
09-10-2016, 11:36 PM
If we used a FB like Mullen's first 2 years, we would be really good on offense.

Take Myles off the field. Put shump as lead blocker. Rotate aeris and Holloway as primary ball carrier

MarketingBully
09-10-2016, 11:36 PM
Our offense can be very dynamic. Replace Myles with Dear and this game is an even bigger blow out.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2016, 11:37 PM

THIS^^^^ looks like we are getting back to some old ways. Maybe we will see it again!

Commercecomet24
09-10-2016, 11:38 PM
Yep Myles makes those catches we may have 2 more scores. Also gray had a drop that would've gave us a first down about midfield early in the third and we had to punt. We got the pieces.

HoopsDawg
09-10-2016, 11:39 PM
Take Myles off the field. Put shump as lead blocker. Rotate aeris and Holloway as primary ball carrier

I like it. Sometimes you can take the TE off the field and go 2 backs as well.

We probably should have moved Ross outside back in the spring, but we definitely need to do it now.

TrapGame
09-10-2016, 11:40 PM

Why did he go away from that? Shump as a FB would open up a few holes.

TimberBeast
09-10-2016, 11:47 PM

Shump at FB yes, Holloway at RB no.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?47791-Holloway-Up-the-Middle-Gif-Meme-Your-Reaction

TimberBeast
09-10-2016, 11:49 PM
239 last week
290 tonight

I know, I know... Not great competition. Consider this though, you can't pick any 2 games last year and come up with our first 2 games' rushing total this year. 290 tonight is the most in a game since Kentucky '14. Fitz set a school record for rushing yards by a qb in his 3rd start (1st sec).

We've also only given up 1 sack thru 2 games. Hats off to the oline.

You have gone off the deep end, we don't have those stats without fitz running the ball. Remember? The guy Mullen pulled last week after two series for a garbage QB? You are getting ridiculous here.

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 11:55 PM
You have gone off the deep end, we don't have those stats without fitz running the ball. Remember? The guy Mullen pulled last week after two series for a garbage QB? You are getting ridiculous here.

We don't have those stats last week without Fitz? And he is gone off the deep end? You are being ridiculous

Dawg61
09-10-2016, 11:57 PM
Imagine what our rushing stats would be if we didn't run Holloway up the middle thirty times

msstate7
09-11-2016, 12:00 AM
Imagine what our rushing stats would be if we didn't run Holloway up the middle thirty times

Holloway wearing em down for fitz**

Yeah, I wanna see holloway's carries go down and aeris' go up. Maybe we will next week.

dawgday166
09-11-2016, 12:12 AM

Do you really believe this? SMH

TimberBeast
09-11-2016, 12:25 AM
Holloway wearing em down for fitz**

Yeah, I wanna see holloway's carries go down and aeris' go up. Maybe we will next week.

So you think next weekend in Baton Rouge is the time to do this? If we started Aries last week we have two full games with him starting, and also fitz with two full games before we play a good team on the road. LSU on the road is when we get our RB and QB ironed out a little? This makes sense to you?

msstate7
09-11-2016, 12:38 AM
So you think next weekend in Baton Rouge is the time to do this? If we started Aries last week we have two full games with him starting, and also fitz with two full games before we play a good team on the road. LSU on the road is when we get our RB and QB ironed out a little? This makes sense to you?

I said "maybe" it would happen. I have no idea if it happens or not, but why not next week? Lsu should be a really great team, but they aren't. I'm not saying we'll win bc we never beat lsu, but I don't look at them as an unsurmountable task. All you guys that were so upset at our 2nd half offense... Well lsu scored 7 vs jsu.