PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding Post Game Interview with Mullen

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Not sure if anyone listened to Jim Ellis' interview or have seen the quotes from the main media press conference, but Mullen sounded as human, emotional, & vulnerable as I've ever heard him tonight.

I think we've got our Cousin Eddie back. It's the most engaging & aware as I've ever heard him.

I think he's back committed folks.

We can build off this. We've got good players. We aren't Alabama or Ole Miss right from a talent stand point, but we've got a lot of good players that can win games.

I expect this team to continue to evolve throughout the season, but we've now got some play makers. This team is capable. The formula we won with tonight can win a ton of games if polished & an every down RB emerges

Commercecomet24
09-10-2016, 10:55 PM
Dan has now beat every team in the sec but one. That's quite an accomplishment. Was proud of Dan and the team tonight! He's back!

GreenheadDawg
09-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Not sure if anyone listened to Jim Ellis' interview or have seen the quotes from the main media press conference, but Mullen sounded as human, emotional, & vulnerable as I've ever heard him tonight.

I think we've got our Cousin Eddie back. It's the most engaging & aware as I've ever heard him.

I think he's back committed folks.

We can build off this. We've got good players. We aren't Alabama or Ole Miss right from a talent stand point, but we've got a lot of good players that can win games.

I expect this team to continue to evolve throughout the season, but we've now got some play makers. This team is capable. The formula we won with tonight can win a ton of games if polished & an every down RB emerges

Then I'm 100% behind him. If he wants to be here then I want him here. We just have to keep getting better

Leroy Jenkins
09-10-2016, 11:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE5_NSTd7-0

blacklistedbully
09-11-2016, 12:28 AM
One of the things I needed to see....Dan taking personal responsibility.

Intense football bastard was back this week. Let's hope he stays.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2016, 12:56 AM
Then I'm 100% behind him. If he wants to be here then I want him here. We just have to keep getting better

He never wanted to leave as bad as became gospel here. Nearly all of that crap last year started up the road. We never learn.

As an aside: I was in the stadium and not listening to the radio but evidently he went on the radio broadcast right before the second hal started urging people to get themselves back in the stadium. The empty seats sucked what little life was in the place out last week. It wasn't quite as bad this week but it was still very noticeable. When you have a team struggling to find its feet with leadership, the crowd MATTERS.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2016, 01:12 AM
He never wanted to leave as bad as became gospel here. Nearly all of that crap last year started up the road. We never learn.

As an aside: I was in the stadium and not listening to the radio but evidently he went on the radio broadcast right before the second hal started urging people to get themselves back in the stadium. The empty seats sucked what little life was in the place out last week. It wasn't quite as bad this week but it was still very noticeable. When you have a team struggling to find its feet with leadership, the crowd MATTERS.

It's amazing the crap that starts flying around when you lose. There was so much I heard this i heard that. The only ones that really know anything are in that locker room and it's obvious the fire still burns in Dan and his players will fight for him. I saw tonight what I needed to see.

And yeah you're absolutely right about so much stuff getting started by our friends up north. They're desperate cause of what's about to happen and my guess is there gonna pull out even more crap before this years over.

PassInterference
09-11-2016, 01:19 AM
Mullen pointed at himself, saying that he needed to have the same intensity he expects from the team. He said he can't expect the team to be intense if he as a coach doesn't carry that intensity.

Mullen had fire shooting out of his ass tonight, and so did the team.

TNDawg35
09-11-2016, 05:56 AM
Did yall see him stare down the CB that let SC score the first touchdown and follow him all the way to the bench in his ass? I was about half asleep and cant remember who gave it up, but I remember my wife saying "Uh oh.. Mullen is chewing his balls off..." He lit into his ass like the old Mullen.

msbulldog
09-11-2016, 06:32 AM
I feel a lot better now that I did this time last week. Dan can stay I just hope he can keep it up all season. If he does and doesn't shop his self around give him an extension.

blacklistedbully
09-11-2016, 08:02 AM
Some of you need to wipe Dan's jizz off your chins and accept that it is likely the rediscovered intensity is the direct result of the shitstorm Dan suffered as a result of last week's loss (particularly the things he's been doing that lead us there).

A couple of the things we bitched about last week were his lack of, "give-a-damn" and his unwillingness to give Fitz enough of a chance.

Well guess what two things were clearly addressed this week.

So please...take this BS idea that you were right all along and shove it straight up your ass. We are all glad the old Dan seems to have come back, and we all hope he stays. But don't kid yourself that, "feeling the heat" didn't have a lot to do with his return to form.

Dawgology
09-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Some of you need to wipe Dan's jizz off your chins and accept that it is likely the rediscovered intensity is the direct result of the shitstorm Dan suffered as a result of last week's loss (particularly the things he's been doing that lead us there).

A couple of the things we bitched about last week were his lack of, "give-a-damn" and his unwillingness to give Fitz enough of a chance.

So please...take this BS idea that you were right all along and shove it straight up your ass. We are all glad the old Dan seems to have come back, and we all hope he stays. But don't kid yourself that, "feeling the heat" didn't have a lot to do with his return to form.

This. I'm happy we won and happy that he stuck with Fitz but I'm sure a lot of that fire was a direct result of " oh shit, I can't put this on cruise control". I'll be looking to see if it stays the rest of the season.

gtowndawg
09-11-2016, 09:08 AM

Exactly. Dan was different lsst night. He's not had that type of intensity in a long time. He knew what was coming if he didnt get his act together (no matter what Mrs. Mullen says above). With that said, I'm glad he reverted to his old self last night and as long as puts that kind of effort into coaching I'm excited about the rest of the year. Good job Dan.

Jarius
09-11-2016, 09:20 AM
Excellent post. I love Dan. When outsiders bitch and make fun of him it angers me....He is one of us.....but this post is my entire attitude towards him. I hope this is what continues to happen and how he continues to coach. This is who we hired and who we all fell in love with as a coach here.

Dawgowar
09-11-2016, 09:29 AM

I like asshole Dan. Hope he is back for good.

TrapGame
09-11-2016, 09:33 AM
I like asshole Dan. Hope he is back for good.

Ditto. I loved watching him losing his shit on players last night. That was the old Dan we haven't seen in a long time. I hope he keeps this up.

Spiderman
09-11-2016, 09:36 AM
Did yall see him stare down the CB that let SC score the first touchdown and follow him all the way to the bench in his ass? I was about half asleep and cant remember who gave it up, but I remember my wife saying "Uh oh.. Mullen is chewing his balls off..." He lit into his ass like the old Mullen.

I saw the old Dan when after the 3 and out with about 5 mins left in the 3rd, went to the O-line bench. Stepped in front of Hev, and started coaching them up the grease board rather animatedly.

Saw him chew Sirmon's ass, and the GA for safeties, although that's mainly to be directed upstairs.

And like Saban said last night, there are no arguments, those are called ass chewings.

Believe me, Dan cussed, and was disgusted with himself, last Saturday night more than Twitter and message boards combined did and were.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-11-2016, 09:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE5_NSTd7-0

Dam, Dan looked agitated through that entire interview.

GreenheadDawg
09-11-2016, 09:48 AM

Spot on.