PDA

View Full Version : We just can't bury people

Engine
09-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Like LSU in 2014 we just let everyone hang around instead of putting the boot on the throat.

Leroy Jenkins
09-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Defensive calls have gone soft, not sure why. A lot of 3 man rush now. Looks like we just want to get it over with and move on. We are clearly the better team.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-10-2016, 10:08 PM
The Holloway up the gut has lost its effectiveness

MetEdDawg
09-10-2016, 10:12 PM
We've called conservative on both sides 2nd half. 3 man fronts on 3rd down and freaking Holloway up the middle.

Tripp McNeely
09-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Holy lord...after last week, y'all are pissed about tonight??

shoeless joe
09-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Not scoring on 1st and goal from 3...ju johnsons personal foul...Myles dropping a wide open pass

That's why the game is close. 1 of those was ******* fault. Play calls inside 5 are absurd.

gtowndawg
09-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Happy with the win. Im going to chalk up the 2nd half to an hour long delay and be happy with marked improvements.

TimberBeast
09-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Holy lord...after last week, y'all are pissed about tonight??

I'm extremely pissed about tonight. We knew we had this kind of team, we are 1-1 instead of 2-0 because of stupidity on our coach's part. He started Fitz and stuck with him, great, he does that last week and we're 2-0 and Fitz has two full games under his belt. We are still running the vast majority of carries to the worst back on the team. South Carolina sucks bad, we should be 2-0. Nothing has changed.

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 10:29 PM
I'm extremely pissed about tonight. We knew we had this kind of team, we are 1-1 instead of 2-0 because of stupidity on our coach's part. He started Fitz and stuck with him, great, he does that last week and we're 2-0 and Fitz has two full games under his belt. We are still running the vast majority of carries to the worst back on the team. South Carolina sucks bad, we should be 2-0. Nothing has changed.

You need help if tonight pisses you off. Crap Mullen did most what a lot of people wanted to see him do and HE HAS NOT NOR COME CLOSE TO LOSING THIS TEAM!!

msstate7
09-10-2016, 10:33 PM
Game 1...
Off yds -- 475
Def yards allowed -- 239

Game 2...
Off yds -- 485
Def yds allowed -- 243

Game 1 is bama vs wku
Game 2 is us

Sure we played conservatively in the 2nd half, but we essentially beat an sec (with an sec road win entering the game) as bad as the BEST team in the country beat a sunbelt team.

Stop looking for the negative in everything. Tonight was a great sign

GreenheadDawg
09-10-2016, 10:34 PM
You need help if tonight pisses you off. Crap Mullen did most what a lot of people wanted to see him do and HE HAS NOT NOR COME CLOSE TO LOSING THIS TEAM!!

I saw the main thing I wanted to see tonight, and that's intensity. Mullen actually looked like he gave a shit for once. His personnel usage has always baffled me. But Mullen is gonna Mullen. Don't think that will ever change. There are plenty of complaints to be had but I don't think any fan should be pissed right now. We won and are going in the right direction. Hopefully we improve.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2016, 10:34 PM

I think the program needed a wake up call. It shouldn't have taken losing to South Alabama for it to happen, but I think we may turn out to be a better team because of it. We made strides this week that I'm not sure we make if Graves' FG went through the uprights last weekend

HereComesTheSpiral
09-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Game 1...
Off yds -- 475
Def yards allowed -- 239

Game 2...
Off yds -- 485
Def yds allowed -- 243

Game 1 is bama vs wku
Game 2 is us

Sure we played conservatively in the 2nd half, but we essentially beat an sec (with an sec road win entering the game) as bad as the BEST team in the country beat a sunbelt team.

WKU would beat USCe, I think

msstate7
09-10-2016, 10:36 PM
WKU would beat USCe, I think

And bama will beat us... Not the point though, we dominated the game

BeardoMSU
09-10-2016, 10:38 PM
Happy with the win. Im going to chalk up the 2nd half to an hour long delay and be happy with marked improvements.

Great point. That really can't be understated.

BeardoMSU
09-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Game 1...
Off yds -- 475
Def yards allowed -- 239

Game 2...
Off yds -- 485
Def yds allowed -- 243

Game 1 is bama vs wku
Game 2 is us

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to msstate7 again.

DancingRabbit
09-10-2016, 10:41 PM

Wow.

RocketDawg
09-10-2016, 10:42 PM
Great point. That really can't be understated.

Yeah, and I hated to see the delay. I sit on the east side and had been watching the lightning for most of the 2nd quarter to the northwest. They probably made the right call, but it was pretty obvious that the storms would go north of us. Just too close for comfort in an outdoor sports venue.

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Game 1...
Off yds -- 475
Def yards allowed -- 239

Game 2...
Off yds -- 485
Def yds allowed -- 243

Game 1 is bama vs wku
Game 2 is us

Georgia 373 yards on offense today, gave up 236

TrapGame
09-10-2016, 10:47 PM
Wow.

I know. I just don't understand how people can be pissed about tonight. Let the USA game go. Move on.

TimberBeast
09-10-2016, 10:51 PM
I think the program needed a wake up call. It shouldn't have taken losing to South Alabama for it to happen, but I think we may turn out to be a better team because of it. We made strides this week that I'm not sure we make if Graves' FG went through the uprights last weekend

That's the only positive way we have to look it it, we have no choice. But to know that we could have beaten South Alabama to a pulp last week with our actual team (and we still don't have a RB), is not a great thing. Mullen didn't have our team set or ready last week. If it took a loss to a sunbelt team to light a fire under his ass, then something was / is very wrong. He seemed more intense, that's a positive. Still played Holloway entire game and gave no meaningful snaps to backs besides Holloway and shump, huge negative that will cost us down the road. That's just reality.

Op4isabitch
09-10-2016, 10:58 PM
I'm happy with the majority of the game tonight, only two negatives to me were:

1. The continued use of Holloway and Shump on plays that Aeris is obviously better at running.
2. Need some serious work on the personnel usage in the defensive backfield.

Other than that aim pretty damn happy.

DancingRabbit
09-10-2016, 10:59 PM
Georgia 373 yards on offense today, gave up 236

LSU 371 yards of offense today, gave up 368

anubus
09-10-2016, 11:02 PM
I wanted a slaughter but hell a win is a win!

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 11:03 PM
I will have to double check but I believe Aeris and Shump had the same amount of carries and both got carries in both halves. Shump out gained Aeris also I believe. Still think Aeris is the future

Cloak
09-10-2016, 11:14 PM
Like LSU in 2014 we just let everyone hang around instead of putting the boot on the throat.

We won and won easy. Hate pointless posts like this

djaymsu5
09-10-2016, 11:46 PM

100% Agree!

dawgday166
09-10-2016, 11:58 PM

I agree with all of this except the "I'm pissed part. Not pissed. Ordinarily I would say we're doomed except ... right now I believe most of the whole SEC sucks except for Bama and FL. So I guess I've moved from "we're doomed" to cautiously hopeful for a 5 - 6 win season. Remember this tho ... good teams are gonna key in on Fitz. They realize no one but the QB can run the ball on our team. The pressure on Fitz' shoulders will increase each game. And he's not a 5th year senior who will be starting in the league next year. SC couldn't challenge him much. I believe others will. Not to mention he got away with some poor decisions tonight against a bad team.