PDA

View Full Version : I just do not get Dan's love for Holloway..It is crazy!

IMissJack
09-10-2016, 06:27 PM

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2016, 08:03 PM
The play down on the go alone he got hit at the same time he got the ball. I don't agree with him in down there but that one wasn't his fault.

IMissJack
09-10-2016, 08:05 PM
The play down on the go alone he got hit at the same time he got the ball. I don't agree with him in down there but that one wasn't his fault.

No it's not his fault, he is a good outside runner that weighs 160#, and is being used incorrectly. But I stand by my statement, he is not the best running back on this team, and Dan believes he is.

Apoplectic
09-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Dan is such a smug ass - he'll eat his shorts before he admits being wrong

BeardoMSU
09-10-2016, 09:24 PM
He must show a lot of strain at practice***

Saltydog
09-10-2016, 09:26 PM
nt

Leroy Jenkins
09-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Dan loves being the contrarian. If he knows everyone is so against his judgement he will stick with it.

Apoplectic
09-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Dan loves being the contrarian. If he knows everyone is so against his judgement he will stick with it.

So true....the super narcissist

GreenheadDawg
09-10-2016, 09:42 PM
I feel bad for the talented running backs we have sitting on the bench

Thick
09-10-2016, 09:43 PM
I absolutely hate Holloway between the tackles. We have 3 big backs that can carry the load between the tackles

dawgday166
09-10-2016, 09:56 PM
I absolutely hate Holloway between the tackles. We have 3 big backs that can carry the load between the tackles

We're gonna struggle against any D with a fairly strong pulse because of this.

TimberBeast
09-10-2016, 10:19 PM
We're gonna struggle against any D with a fairly strong pulse because of this.

Not to mention that we have completely wasted two easy games getting our real running backs actual game reps. It's been said before and still stands, Mullen just can't get out of his own way.

Matt3467
09-10-2016, 10:32 PM
I think next year we'll be a better team by default when Holloway and Shump are gone.

archdog
09-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Shump has had a pretty solid year so far. He is making a few good cuts, throwing some blocks and gained a few tough yards so far.

HoopsDawg
09-10-2016, 11:33 PM
15 carries tonight, oh my gosh!!!! I'm ok with 8 touches, but 15 carries. Damn.

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 01:49 AM
Just got back. Hail State! Many players looked better, but when it come to Holloway Dan is as stubborn as Croom trying to let Woody run the West Coast Offense. Love Holloway as change of pace, swing passes to the outside, come on 15 touches for 48 yards? I know our zone "blocking" leaves a lot to want better, but A Williams, Gibson, Lee, and Murphy are big enough to hopefully get something when little is there. How many touches did Williams get and what was his YPC?? Been watching MSU 51 years thru thick and then and I just don't understand this. Gabe Myles also needs some stickum ( is this still legal? Lester Hayes and Fred Bilitnicoff used to have it all over them back in the day. Ha!).

EdDawg
09-11-2016, 01:52 AM
Who's the better runner between the tackles Holloway or Cooke?***

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 01:53 AM
Just got back. Hail State! Many players looked better, but when it come to Holloway Dan is as stubborn as Croom trying to let Woody run the West Coast Offense. Love Holloway as change of pace, swing passes to the outside, come on 15 touches for 48 yards? I know our zone "blocking" leaves a lot to want better, but A Williams, Gibson, Lee, and Murphy are big enough to hopefully get something when little is there. How many touches did Williams get and what was his YPC?? Been watching MSU 51 years thru thick and then and I just don't understand this. Gabe Myles also needs some stickum ( is this still legal? Lester Hayes and Fred Bilitnicoff used to have it all over them back in the day. Ha!).

Holloway's YPC was 3.9 or something like that and Williams was 4.2 I believe. Shumpert's was higher than either one of them but more than likely that's an anomaly skewed by Aeris small sample size of carries.

TimberBeast
09-11-2016, 01:55 AM

You're missing the point, we won. Even with Holloway still starting. LSU is going down. Holloway is going to put up numbers on that defense.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 01:55 AM
I think next year we'll be a better team by default when Holloway and Shump are gone.

AGREE! And it sucks for them to because they're not bad players. They just aren't used properly for the most part.

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 02:04 AM
According to the post game show Holloway was 15 for 48. That's far short of 3.9, Maybe I didn't hear correctly on the drive home.

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 02:13 AM
Replay on at 3 AM on ESPN 2. Think I can watch and stay awake for Sunday School at 9:30 AM? BtW our new pastor is young and die hard UNM, but nothing like the Rev Beaver.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 02:22 AM
According to the post game show Holloway was 15 for 48. That's far short of 3.9, Maybe I didn't hear correctly on the drive home.

I went off the top of my head after glancing at ESPN stats on my phone two hours before I made that post. Odds are pretty good my numbers are off.

Point is Holloway had a worse YPC than Aeris.

Really Clark?
09-11-2016, 02:26 AM
Holloway's YPC was 3.9 or something like that and Williams was 4.2 I believe. Shumpert's was higher than either one of them but more than likely that's an anomaly skewed by Aeris small sample size of carries.

Shump and Aeris had the same number of carries and in similar game situations both halves. So their comparison would be legit

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 02:29 AM
Yeah. I would like to see Aeris get more touches, maybe as the year goes on. Would like to see Gibson on the field also. Dear was also playing tonight but didn't get the ball. Time of possession and the D on the field too long is also a concern so far. Thought Simmons dominated and was very impressive.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2016, 02:34 AM
I feel bad for the talented running backs we have sitting on the bench

Why? Simmons proved tonight that they will play.....if they can play.

Goldendawg
09-11-2016, 02:39 AM
Spencer is also seeing the field on D. I think he is also a true Freshman. Liked seeing Peters on D and making the interception. Hope he can improve and be a real good CB. We are in need at that position.

Todd4State
09-11-2016, 02:43 AM
Shump and Aeris had the same number of carries and in similar game situations both halves. So their comparison would be legit

I believe that if Aeris had gotten more carries his average would have been higher. We'll never truly know though.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
09-11-2016, 05:43 AM
I agree Dan seems to be telling everybody 17 you.. Because you don't just keep trying to run Holloway up the middle for no gain? Damn It''ll cost us some more games if he continues to do this all year.

wayneland5025
09-11-2016, 05:55 AM
I wonder how long the young backs are going to want to stay here never getting to play and also if the
running back from Columbus would like to go somewhere he will not have to wait 2 years to play.

lastmajordog
09-11-2016, 09:06 AM
There was a very short (but won several state championships) HS coach. He was hell bent on showing the world the little guys could be the star. Time and time again he would play a little guy when or where he shouldn’t and also be blatant obvious in his favoritism. It even showed in practice where the unfavorites did not even go through drills.....just hold blocking dummies but he always had enough talent to cover. It finally caught up with him losing with his final team here and then leaving and the team in shambles. Hope last night means he Mullen will stop doing that....or at least minimize it.

Jarius
09-11-2016, 09:15 AM
I never thought I would be asking for shumpert to get the ball more, but he looked to be running with a purpose last night when he got the ball. What's been said about Holloway has been hammered home by everyone on here. He's not an every down back but we are going to use him that way because Mullen is convinced that he is one.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2016, 09:18 AM
All I can figure is that Holloway is the only one that consistently holds onto the football & doesn't fumble.

That's the only plausible reason Dan has at this point

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2016, 09:19 AM
I never thought I would be asking for shumpert to get the ball more, but he looked to be running with a purpose last night when he got the ball. What's been said about Holloway has been hammered home by everyone on here. He's not an every down back but we are going to use him that way because Mullen is convinced that he is one.

Shumpert ran hard last night, but he runs with his head down. He can't have any vision because he can't see

defiantdog
09-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Gibson should have a chance. The guy didn't get 2,000 yards rushing per season in high school for nothing.

TimberBeast
09-11-2016, 12:07 PM
Gibson should have a chance. The guy didn't get 2,000 yards rushing per season in high school for nothing.

Actually it looks like he did do it for nothing.

Op4isabitch
09-11-2016, 01:05 PM

Shump also had a fumble that gained him 6 extra yards when we recovered it, so be sure to subtract that from Shumps avg.

Really Clark?
09-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Shump also had a fumble that gained him 6 extra yards when we recovered it, so be sure to subtract that from Shumps avg.

He didn't get credit for those yards. Ross recovered the fumble. He had already gained 11 yards when e fumbled and was pulled for Williams