PDA

View Full Version : #9 UGA looking awful against FCS Nicholls State

HSVDawg
09-10-2016, 12:17 PM
They are currently looking at taking a 10-3 or 10-7 lead to half. Nicholls State is a much, much less talented team than South Alabama. Kind of puts last weekend in perspective a little bit. No matter how good you are, you have to show up ready to play against anyone.

HSVDawg
09-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Bump for Nicholls State TD. 10-7 UGA.

msstate7
09-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Clemson and Troy tied at 3 in 2nd quarter.

scottycameron
09-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Fourcade? Has to be related.

HSVDawg
09-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Fourcade? Has to be related.

He is Lucifer's nephew.

Dolphus Raymond
09-10-2016, 12:31 PM
It Georgia plays like this against OM, it will be a long day.

Op4isabitch
09-10-2016, 12:31 PM
I'm pretty sure number 72 DT for Nicholls is Ron Ollie the kids on Last Chance U who lost his parents at a very young age, he's showing out, happy for the kid.

parabrave
09-10-2016, 12:36 PM
I wonder how much the advent of Grad Transfers is helping out these smaller schools. I remember watching The Citadel beating USCe last year wondering how did that happen. When I looked at their roster it was full of grad transfers. USA had a number of Grad transfers on their team including a few OM transfers.

t45fixer
09-10-2016, 12:37 PM
#77 also from last chance u.

HoopsDawg
09-10-2016, 12:39 PM
Just goes to show, sometimes u just gotta win the game.

Bothrops
09-10-2016, 12:41 PM
It's called lack of emotion, meanwhile, the other team is playing lights out.

Op4isabitch
09-10-2016, 12:42 PM
#77 also from last chance u.

fixer,
Who is he?

msstate7
09-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Clemson 10
Troy 10

BayouDawg
09-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Clemson 10
Troy 10
Dabo always has close games against smaller teams. He and Dan like to get cute and experiment in these games as do a lot of coaches. It just bit us last week

Op4isabitch
09-10-2016, 12:52 PM
I didn't think Clemson looked very impressive against Auburn last week.

t45fixer
09-10-2016, 12:56 PM
Marcel Andry. I think he's a Louisiana product.

t45fixer
09-10-2016, 01:05 PM
That's a touchdown

HSVDawg
09-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Nicholls State takes the lead halfway through the 3rd. Not looking like much of Saban's magic rubbed off on Smart. This is officially a far more embarrassing performance than we had last week even if UGA pulls it out.

BayouDawg
09-10-2016, 01:12 PM
That was a nasty block on that long td. I felt that hit

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Nicholls just scored to make it 26-24 GA with 3:42 left in the game. The were down 26-14 with a fumble return for a TD and have kept fighting.

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Nicholls State takes the lead halfway through the 3rd. Not looking like much of Saban's magic rubbed off on Smart. This is officially a far more embarrassing performance than we had last week even if UGA pulls it out.

Kirby Smart has lost control of the program***

Commercecomet24
09-10-2016, 02:07 PM

ROFL!

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2016, 02:12 PM
ROFL!
You want funny? You should see the panic and whining in my Facebook timeline from all my UGA friends and family. It reads about like this board...

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Well unless a miracle happens looks like GA dodges a bullet

Saltydog
09-10-2016, 02:18 PM
NT

HSVDawg
09-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Well unless a miracle happens looks like GA dodges a bullet

Dodging a bullet is putting it mildly. Dave Neil said it would have been the biggest upset in college football history and he wasn't lying.

HSVDawg
09-10-2016, 02:24 PM
You want funny? You should see the panic and whining in my Facebook timeline from all my UGA friends and family. It reads about like this board...

It should be way worse than this board. If I was a UGA fan I'd be begging for Richt back right about now.

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Dodging a bullet is putting it mildly. Dave Neil said it would have been the biggest upset in college football history and he wasn't lying.

That's the truth. Troy has Clemson fans sweating big time right now as well. #2 in the country held to 13 points at the end of 3rd quarter.

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2016, 02:42 PM
It should be way worse than this board. If I was a UGA fan I'd be begging for Richt back right about now.

UGA fans just reaping what they sow. Richt was never good enough for them after year 5 or 6. The last 5 years you would have thought Croom was their coach with the way the acted.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2016, 02:46 PM

My goodness people jump off the edge way to quick don't they? Lol

Commercecomet24
09-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Central Michigan just beat Oklahoma state

BayouDawg
09-10-2016, 02:51 PM
UGA fans just reaping what they sow. Richt was never good enough for them after year 5 or 6. The last 5 years you would have thought Croom was their coach with the way the acted.

Yea I loved Richt. I know he always blew atleast one game he shouldn't have but he was a class act and very good coach and good recruiter. Smart may turn out to be just as good or he could be the next muschamp

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2016, 02:53 PM
Central Michigan just beat Oklahoma state
What? How? I turned it because it looked like they had it in the bag after taking back a 3 point lead.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2016, 02:54 PM
Yea I loved Richt. I know he always blew atleast one game he shouldn't have but he was a class act and very good coach and good recruiter. Smart may turn out to be just as good or he could be the next muschamp

I agree. Richt was always a class act and represented them well.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2016, 02:56 PM
What? How? I turned it because it looked like they had it in the bag after taking back a 3 point lead.

Hail Mary! 30-27 final. Last play started with one second on clock

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 02:57 PM

Last second Hail Mary lateral pass from midfield

1bigdawg
09-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Georgia made their field goals early.

RocketDawg
09-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Fire Kirby Smartt. Two close games so far, but this one was as bad as USA.

dawgday166
09-10-2016, 03:10 PM

It's way too early IMO to make a judgement on Kirby. Saban lost to ULM and Croom his first year. Look where he is in year 9. Not saying he couldn't lose a bad one but he has most definitely earned a couple of hiccups if that were to happen. If you want to see unrealistic expectations ... see your neighborhood Bama fan. ETA: 2 years ago after the loss to Ohio State Finebaum's show was lit up with is Saban on the downhill slope, is he losing it, etc.

I'm for giving a coach 4 years, regardless of circumstances. I did with Croom and Mullen.

UGA fans want to not only compete but win SEC East Championships at the very least. And the last 4 or 5 years they probably should've had 3 of them at a minimum. I like and respect Richt too, but for some reason he faded the last several years. To move forward, sometimes a change needs to take place.

TUSK
09-10-2016, 03:25 PM
My goodness people jump off the edge way too quick don't they? Lol

what you just said....

I'm thinkin' it's a societal trend...

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 03:41 PM
what you just said....

I believe you are correct. Could you imagine if Bear could have made it past 1970 with today's spoiled Now attitude after having back to back 6-5 seasons. I know there would have been an enormous amount of talking points about how he has peaked, downward spiral, need to change now before he destroys the program, etc. he ended up being pretty ok in the 70's but it would be an interesting social experiment if you could transport the fan mentality of today to back then.

dawgday166
09-10-2016, 03:42 PM
I believe you are correct. Could you imagine if Bear could have made it past 1970 with today's spoiled Now attitude afye having back to back 6-5 seasons. I know there would have been an enormous amount of talking points about how he has peaked, downward spiral, need to change now before he destroys the program, etc. he ended up being pretty ok in the 70's but it would be an interesting social experiment if you could transport the fan mentality of today to back then.

There were then too. He had gotten complacent and admitted so in his auto-biography. ETA: Of course that was more local ... no social media or satellite TV then.

ETA to add 1 more thing: Do you think Dan will admit that in his auto-biography one day?

HSVDawg
09-10-2016, 03:51 PM
It's way too early IMO to make a judgement on Kirby. Saban lost to ULM and Croom his first year. Look where he is in year 9. Not saying he couldn't lose a bad one but he has most definitely earned a couple of hiccups if that were to happen. If you want to see unrealistic expectations ... see your neighborhood Bama fan. ETA: 2 years ago after the loss to Ohio State Finebaum's show was lit up with is Saban on the downhill slope, is he losing it, etc.

I'm for giving a coach 4 years, regardless of circumstances. I did with Croom and Mullen.

UGA fans want to not only compete but win SEC East Championships at the very least. And the last 4 or 5 years they probably should've had 3 of them at a minimum. I like and respect Richt too, but for some reason he faded the last several years. To move forward, sometimes a change needs to take place.

I can agree with most of this, but this UGA case is pretty unique. They fired a guy who had been averaging about 10 wins a year for a decade or better (including last season). They made a change not because they were blowing up the program, they were looking for that ace guy to push them over the top and get them in the national title hunt year after year and also get some SEC titles as well. It was nothing close to the situation with Bana and Saban as he had a goid bit of work to do his first couple years in Tuscaloosa. Long story short, the cupboard was far from bare and there is no way they should have been in that situation today where they couldn't run the ball on freaking Nicholls State.

TUSK
09-10-2016, 03:53 PM
I can agree with most of this, but this UGA case is pretty unique. They fired a guy who had been averaging about 10 wins a year for a decade or better (including last season). They made a change not because they were blowing up the program, they were looking for that ace guy to push them over the top and get them in the national title hunt year after year and also get some SEC titles as well. Long story short, the cupboard was far from bare and there is no way they should have been in that situation today where they couldn't run the ball on freaking Nicholls State.

Yup, UGA has Top Ten-type Talent...

dawgday166
09-10-2016, 03:56 PM
I can see where you're coming from. The only thing I would say is the cupboard must not have been bare at Bama either. Saban was in SEC Title game in year 2.

You're right about most of the rest, but I still think a coach deserves some time to establish his program, which may be quite different to the current players on the team. Maybe in this case 4 years might be a little long tho.

TUSK
09-10-2016, 04:12 PM
I can see where you're coming from. The only thing I would say is the cupboard must not have been bare at Bama either. Saban was in SEC Title game in year 2.

You're right about most of the rest, but I still think a coach deserves some time to establish his program, which may be quite different to the current players on the team. Maybe in this case 4 years might be a little long tho.

Mike Shula recruited pretty well... you're right....

HSVDawg
09-10-2016, 04:25 PM

True. One other thing I'd like to add though is that both our Croom team and ULM would probably beat that Nicholls State team by 4 TD's. NSU isn't even a good FCS school. They are a hair above a SWAC program....maybe.

dawgday166
09-10-2016, 04:28 PM
True. One other thing I'd like to add though is that both our Croom team and ULM would probably beat that Nicholls State team by 4 TD's. NSU isn't even a good FCS school. They are a hair above a SWAC program....maybe.

Ok. I don't know anything about them. I'll mostly wait and see what Kirby does the rest of the year. and next year Gotta get those guys to buy into his program.

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 04:45 PM
There were then too. He had gotten complacent and admitted so in his auto-biography. ETA: Of course that was more local ... no social media or satellite TV then.

ETA to add 1 more thing: Do you think Dan will admit that in his auto-biography one day?

I have no clue what Dan will or will not admit to eventually. I do believe as a HC there are many things you think about yourself or program that you just can't say publically.

But the Bear deal, that was my point. In today's age with the mentality of now generation, the ability and need to verbalized their opinions, I don't think he survives. Its interesting to think about the sociology of different generations.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2016, 04:47 PM
what you just said....

No doubt about it. 24/7 media coverage, social media saturation, instant gratification society. I miss Mayberry man!

Commercecomet24
09-10-2016, 04:50 PM
I have no clue what Dan will or will not admit to eventually. I do believe as a HC there are many things you think about yourself or program that you just can't say publically.

But the Bear deal, that was my point. In today's age with the mentality of now generation, the ability and need to verbalized their opinions, I don't think he survives. Its interesting to think about the sociology of different generations.

With as soft and sensitive as our society is now, the Bear would've never coached again after the junction boys stuff. Funny all those guys that stuck it out at the junction said how much that helped them later in life get through tough situations. Made them realize they could overcome. Amazing how it's changed so quickly.