PDA

View Full Version : More on Hevesy and OL recruiting

lamont
09-10-2016, 12:08 PM
The guy we have committed from East Miss- didnt start a game last year. In Juco. Didnt start in juco.

Dont expect him to come in and play. Auto-redshirt

dawgday166
09-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Sounds more like auto - never plays a snap.

msstate7
09-10-2016, 12:12 PM
Did he start the first 2 games? You sure it isn't an injury?

HoopsDawg
09-10-2016, 12:12 PM
The guy we have committed from East Miss- didnt start a game last year. In Juco. Didnt start in juco.

Blood pressure just went up. That is ridiculous.

reno hightower
09-10-2016, 12:13 PM

It's ****ing game day give it a rest....hailstate!!!

HoopsDawg
09-10-2016, 12:14 PM

Doesn't matter. We offered and accepted before this season.

msstate7
09-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Doesn't matter. We offered and accepted before this season.

If he isn't playing bc of injury, it's a lot different than being jumped on depth chart. Just wondering what's going on with him. I could come on here and say James didn't start last week for state, which is true, but doesn't tell the whole story

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2016, 12:18 PM

Why do you think he is doing today? The agenda lives.

Noxdog
09-10-2016, 12:21 PM

THat maybe he is on campus and talking to people who may have information? Just throwing it out there.

MrKotter
09-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Only took him 7-8 years to figure out Hevesy sucks in every aspect of the game

HSVDawg
09-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Whenever we get any JUCO OL commitments with this staff, I do an automatic double facepalm. Siddoway was the only one we've gotten that was even halfway decent and he was certainly nothing special.

Cloak
09-10-2016, 12:30 PM

This guy gets it. Pause the negative strain! Hail State!

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2016, 12:36 PM
THat maybe he is on campus and talking to people who may have information? Just throwing it out there.

So what. It's game day. Give it a rest. It's non-stop. It's also probably getting printed off up the road as we speak.

HoopsDawg
09-10-2016, 12:38 PM
If he isn't playing bc of injury, it's a lot different than being jumped on depth chart. Just wondering what's going on with him. I could come on here and say James didn't start last week for state, which is true, but doesn't tell the whole story

Bc the point is, he didn't start LAST year.

msstate7
09-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Bc the point is, he didn't start LAST year.

I'm a moron with no reading comprehension. I thought OP said commit didn't start the last game.

Dolphus Raymond
09-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Fu-k it. Let's just beat USC and we will all feel better for at least a week.

lamont
09-10-2016, 01:04 PM

No injury. Term used by the EMCC coach was "very raw"

lamont
09-10-2016, 01:06 PM

I talked to the EMCC OL coach. I'm sorry you are so butthurt about facts.

msstate7
09-10-2016, 01:06 PM
No injury. Term used by the EMCC coach was "very raw"

I read wrong what you clearly said... My bad

EngDawg
09-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Beat the Cocks. Hail State!

Todd4State
09-10-2016, 01:23 PM
We really need a JUCO center assuming we land Hayes. That would give us a center, a guard (Champion) and a tackle (Hayes) to go along with Jenkins and Calhoun, Rankin, and Storey.

msstate7
09-10-2016, 01:27 PM
We really need a JUCO center assuming we land Hayes. That would give us a center, a guard (Champion) and a tackle (Hayes) to go along with Jenkins and Calhoun, Rankin, and Storey.
Hopefully Reese, Williams, and eiland will be pushing the above guys. I've heard good things on eiland

Todd4State
09-10-2016, 01:30 PM
Hopefully Reese, Williams, and eiland will be pushing the above guys. I've heard good things on eiland

Maybe. We'll see. I don't think any of them can play center except for maybe Williams but he is in the same class as Moon so I think he stays at guard.

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2016, 01:31 PM
I try not to make too many comments about recruiting till that year is done, if then. I try NEVER to make a negative one about a recruit. It is FACT that posts do get printed off by the opposition. It may not mean much, but in the close ones it might make a difference. It might make a difference in one that is not even apparently connected to the one being commented on. Where I tend to slip up is making them on current players. Water cooler talk is one thing, things that are in the public record are something else entirely. I know that's not a popular opinion on this board, but there it is.

HoopsDawg
09-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Maybe. We'll see. I don't think any of them can play center except for maybe Williams but he is in the same class as Moon so I think he stays at guard.

I think Calhoun or Williams will be our C next year.

bulldawg28
09-10-2016, 01:45 PM

Who started in front of him last year?

Todd4State
09-10-2016, 02:04 PM
I think Calhoun or Williams will be our C next year.

That's possible but I think Moon practiced there this spring and I think he has a natural connection with Tiano which might factor in down the road. My thing is center is a leadership position like quarterback or middle linebacker and I would rather have an upperclassman there if at all possible.

Todd4State
09-10-2016, 02:06 PM
I try not to make too many comments about recruiting till that year is done, if then. I try NEVER to make a negative one about a recruit. It is FACT that posts do get printed off by the opposition. It may not mean much, but in the close ones it might make a difference. It might make a difference in one that is not even apparently connected to the one being commented on. Where I tend to slip up is making them on current players. Water cooler talk is one thing, things that are in the public record are something else entirely. I know that's not a popular opinion on this board, but there it is.

You should be asking why our coaches don't do that with other fans message boards. Ole Miss fans are worse than us. Ask Leo Lewis.

HoopsDawg
09-10-2016, 02:22 PM
Who started in front of him last year?

5 other guys.

HoopsDawg
09-10-2016, 02:22 PM
That's possible but I think Moon practiced there this spring and I think he has a natural connection with Tiano which might factor in down the road. My thing is center is a leadership position like quarterback or middle linebacker and I would rather have an upperclassman there if at all possible.

Moon won't be starting next year. It will be either Calhoun or Williams.

1bigdawg
09-10-2016, 02:43 PM

but, but... He looked great at camp this summer without pads. That is how we evaluate people. There is no need to take the time and effort to watch film or go to actual games to see if someone blocks like Dillon Day in High School or JUCO. Don't dare say this is Ron Polk style recruiting. He moved really well at camp.**

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2016, 02:49 PM
You should be asking why our coaches don't do that with other fans message boards. Ole Miss fans are worse than us. Ask Leo Lewis.

Do you know they don't?

bulldawg28
09-10-2016, 03:41 PM
5 other guys.

Well played sir. However, all teams don't play the best 5 linemen.

dawgs
09-10-2016, 03:48 PM

we aren't the only fanbase that complains about recruits and players on the internet. in fact i would bet a year's salary that you can find those types of complains on every message board except maybe bama or ohio st because what do they have to complain about really. so if we are losing recruits because someone prints off some negative ****ing message board posts and we aren't printing off the same negative posts from their boards, it's just another example of how we suck at recruiting. playing the game doesn't necessarily mean backing up a truckload of money.

Bothrops
09-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Folks, there aren't enough good O-linemen to go around, period. We'll be lucky if we ever have more than 2 or 3 playing at the same time. Only the big boys can get a line. The rest compensate by quick strike offense, which we don't do.