PDA

View Full Version : Nick Fitzgerald

msstate7
08-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Anyone in Georgia gonna watch his game tonight?

smootness
08-29-2013, 08:06 AM
I can't; he's down near Savannah, which is about 4 hours from Atlanta, so any of us near Staley probably won't be able to see him play.

From what I've read, Richmond Hill's offense is mostly triple-option anyway, so I'm not sure how much could be gained from watching them. I'm definitely interested to see how he does because I think he could be a pretty big sleeper, but I doubt we're going to see a lot of big stats from him.

BrunswickDawg
08-29-2013, 08:51 AM
I'll get to see him in late September - my daughter's high school is in the same region. smootness is right, most of the region (and South GA as a whole) runs some variation of ground and pound. Lots of triple option, some power I, and some wing-t. Not a lot of passing. The Savannah area schools are pretty bad competition for Nick - so Richmond Hill, Glynn Academy, and maybe Jenkins will compete for the region title. Tonight's game is against Johnson of Savannah (the Atom Smashers!) - a step down 2 classifications in competition. Nick might only play the first quarter in this one, so don't use it as a stat guide at all.

smootness
08-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Cool, make sure to report back when you do see him, Brunswick!

BrunswickDawg
08-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Well, shows how much I know about South Georgia football....
Nick and Richmond Hill is down 3-7 at the half. I have no stats or info other than score.

msstate7
08-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Well, shows how much I know about South Georgia football....
Nick and Richmond Hill is down 3-7 at the half. I have no stats or info other than score.

Uhhh...that's not the type of score I wanted to see out of our hs qb recruits team

BrunswickDawg
08-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Well this will make you feel better - Richmond Hill now leads 33-7 in the 4th. No stats, but with that type scoring I image Nick played a part

msstate7
08-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Well this will make you feel better - Richmond Hill now leads 33-7 in the 4th. No stats, but with that type scoring I image Nick played a part

It does make me feel better. Thanks for update

BrunswickDawg
08-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Final was 29-7. Good article here
http://savannahnow.com/sports/2013-08-29/johnson-leads-richmond-hill-7-3-halftime#.UiAI_WS9Kc0

Sounds like Nick turned it on in the second half

Todd4State
08-30-2013, 12:26 AM
I'll get to see him in late September - my daughter's high school is in the same region. smootness is right, most of the region (and South GA as a whole) runs some variation of ground and pound. Lots of triple option, some power I, and some wing-t. Not a lot of passing. The Savannah area schools are pretty bad competition for Nick - so Richmond Hill, Glynn Academy, and maybe Jenkins will compete for the region title. Tonight's game is against Johnson of Savannah (the Atom Smashers!) - a step down 2 classifications in competition. Nick might only play the first quarter in this one, so don't use it as a stat guide at all.

Austin Davis 2.0?