PDA

View Full Version : NCAA found JF on a autograph broker client list

PassInterference
08-29-2013, 07:11 AM
He and many players spanning many years were on a client list. Surely the broker didn't pay any of those guys, right? Yeah, right.

The NCAA discovered directly that they had opened Pandora's box and they used their power to close it. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Cowards. No courage of their convictions.

But Bracky bowed down to them. Fire. Bracky. Brett.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/41/v70p.jpg

archdog
08-29-2013, 08:49 AM
I remember seeing a ton of Cam Newton stuff on the market. I bet his dad put his name on that client list and had him sign all that stuff without his knowledge. #raisingmoneyforthechurch

smootness
08-29-2013, 08:56 AM
If this had been the QB at Tulane, you can bet they would have claimed they had sufficient evidence.

bocfarm
08-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Case closed, its over. Even if a broker handed a video of JF taking money they can't do anything now.

Move on, JF is playing and I hope he rapes Bama again

Political Hack
08-29-2013, 09:07 AM
better believe it smootness. he'd be out for 17 games if he played at Tulane. They have a law school. that's worth at least one game.

Be interesting to see the punishment they dish out to schools without a law school and schools with one. Probably a pretty good way to measure their backbone.

Also, look at basketball programs vs football programs. Hammering football programs doesn't impact their bottom line. Meanwhile if they ban Uk, Duke, Carolina, or UCLA from post season play for a couple of years they'll take a big hit.

codeDawg
08-29-2013, 09:30 AM
better believe it smootness. he'd be out for 17 games if he played at Tulane. They have a law school. that's worth at least one game.

Be interesting to see the punishment they dish out to schools without a law school and schools with one. Probably a pretty good way to measure their backbone.

Also, look at basketball programs vs football programs. Hammering football programs doesn't impact their bottom line. Meanwhile if they ban Uk, Duke, Carolina, or UCLA from post season play for a couple of years they'll take a big hit.

The real difference is if they slap Manzel, CBS loses the game of the century rematch against Alabama. The NCAA had better have him nailed if they are going to take on the financial impact of that game from CBS, A&M, the SEC, etc. It's was a similar situation with Cam. Taking Cam Newton out of the NC would have been a huge financial impact the NCAA would rather just avoid. It was much easier to put us in our place than to take that on.

This is why I think they are up UM's ass. It's a chance to take on an SEC team, flex their muscles on a school that made headlines with their brashness, and the revenue impact is minimal.

Coach 57
08-29-2013, 09:32 AM
One thing this situation DID prove. The NCAA doesn't HAVE to have proof to make an action.

smootness
08-29-2013, 09:44 AM
One thing this situation DID prove. The NCAA doesn't HAVE to have proof to make an action.

We already knew that...but funny how they claim in this case that they actually did have to have proof.

bocfarm
08-29-2013, 09:46 AM

But it also shows their not going to nail anyone to the cross w/out proof or admission of wrong doing.

Bottom line is the ncaa is a joke and its getting worse and worse...they say "cheaters never win"...not in college football, its really the only way to win big.

smootness
08-29-2013, 10:07 AM
But it also shows their not going to nail anyone to the cross w/out proof or admission of wrong doing.

Bottom line is the ncaa is a joke and its getting worse and worse...they say "cheaters never win"...not in college football, its really the only way to win big.

This is not true...they won't nail anyone that they don't want to nail without proof. That statement is accurate.

Political Hack
08-29-2013, 10:14 AM
why was A&M never in danger of any sanctions in this case? Why was it just an eligibility issue and not a potential probation issue?

bocfarm
08-29-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm assuming its bc it didn't involve anyone on staff, player acting on his own

Political Hack
08-29-2013, 10:24 AM
I've learned that "involved" is a relative term that can be easily overplayed by fat criminals.

PMDawg
08-29-2013, 11:03 AM
I remember seeing a ton of Cam Newton stuff on the market. I bet his dad put his name on that client list and had him sign all that stuff without his knowledge. #raisingmoneyforthechurch

and now that Cam's a multi-millionaire I bet they look back and laugh on how they risked his entire future just to get a small slice of the pie a short time sooner.

codeDawg
08-29-2013, 01:03 PM

There is no way for the NCAA to win from where they are. The rules they have in place to enforce amateurism are completely unenforceable. They have no real investigative power and their authority is quickly reduced by the interests of the powerhouse schools and the money they provide. Unless you are completely incompetent (re: MSU Compliance) you are not going to get in a situation you can't get out of by just shutting up.

Dawg Tired
08-29-2013, 01:08 PM
ESPN reporting NCAA reserves the right to impose further suspensions if they find more evidence. That was the written agreement between NCAA and aTm supposedly.

FlabLoser
08-29-2013, 01:16 PM
ESPN reporting NCAA reserves the right to impose further suspensions if they find more evidence. That was the written agreement between NCAA and aTm supposedly.

Barney Fife reserves the right to reload his bullet.

Johnson85
08-29-2013, 01:32 PM

That means that after Manziel is gone, they might declare him ineligible and might make A&M "forfeit" games. Everybody will still get their money and the NCAA can still sort of pretend it enforces the rules.

bocfarm
08-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Their not gonna do a damn thing, book is closed on that deal

Dental Dawg
08-29-2013, 01:43 PM
The NCAA is so mad about JFF that they decided to suspend Will Redmond for another 18 games.

ckDOG
08-29-2013, 01:54 PM
What's the fair value on these gifted signatures? Was it big? Maybe JFF has cornered himself into some tax liability by lying...that'd be funny.