PDA

View Full Version : Fitz

msstate7
09-09-2016, 10:43 PM
With him starting tomorrow, I really hope we come out running the zone read or try to go deep in his first few plays.

maroonmania
09-09-2016, 10:45 PM
With him starting tomorrow, I really hope we come out running the zone read or try to go deep in his first few plays.

Has it been announced that he will start?

msstate7
09-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Has it been announced that he will start?

Someone told me Paul jones reported it

RougeDawg
09-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Just call the same plays they called after he went out last week. Swing passes, slot in motion, jet sweeps, read option, etc.

We will see how deep Daniel looked into himself over the week. If we come out Dak Attack air raid then Dan hasn't learned anything and it may be a long day.

msstate7
09-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Just call the same plays they called after he went out last week. Swing passes, slot in motion, jet sweeps, read option, etc.

We will see how deep Daniel looked into himself over the week. If we come out Dak Attack air raid then Dan hasn't learned anything and it may be a long day.

I agree with this. I really liked our 2-back set with shump lead blocking and aeris as ball carrier last week. We didn't see a lot of it, but I have a hunch we'll see more this week

Bass Chaser
09-09-2016, 10:54 PM
I would like to see Dan start him slow; check downs, screens, option to build confidence.

BayouDawg
09-09-2016, 11:03 PM
I would like to see Dan start him slow; check downs, screens, option to build confidence.

Definitely. I felt like they never gave Fitz a chance to get in rythm. I may be wrong but I think Fitz it the kind of player that needs to get hit a time or two to get his juices goin. I really wanna see the 2010 style offense. Do we have the offense line to be able to do that though? I don't wanna see more hal Mumme air raid. I don't know where Dan picked that up but he needs to drop it and quick.

msstate7
09-09-2016, 11:08 PM
May not be a bad idea to drop trying to go so fast. I don't mind lining up quickly, but I'd rather us try to use more clock on offense. I think our defense will be much better than they showed last week, but we can't keep them on the field all day. Plus I think it would help fitz to slow things down

BayouDawg
09-09-2016, 11:11 PM
May not be a bad idea to drop trying to go so fast. I don't mind lining up quickly, but I'd rather us try to use more clock on offense. I think our defense will be much better than they showed last week, but we can't keep them on the field all day. Plus I think it would help fitz to slow things down

Yea I think that would be a good idea. I don't want to huddle though. When we huddled in 2012 and 13 we took forever to break the huddle and would get to line with barely enough time to make any checks

Homedawg
09-09-2016, 11:12 PM
That's fine. And I agree he's our best option I think, but we called the read the first play of the game last week and he screwed it up. If he hadn't he might not have sat the rest of the game because he would have had a big play!!

msstate7
09-09-2016, 11:19 PM
That's fine. And I agree he's our best option I think, but we called the read the first play of the game last week and he screwed it up. If he hadn't he might not have sat the rest of the game because he would have had a big play!!

I know you got connections... How much of an impact do you think Simmons will make on the dline?

HereComesTheSpiral
09-10-2016, 08:11 AM

Damien played the whole game and screwed up centering the ball for a FG.

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Damien played the whole game and screwed up centering the ball for a FG.

He had the ball centered but the pile of bodies that was jammed in the middle got pushed over to the hash. Not going to put all that on Williams. The only thing he should have tried to go down at contact once centered. But he got a lot of contact and stood up.

msstate7
09-10-2016, 09:22 AM
He had the ball centered but the pile of bodies that was jammed in the middle got pushed over to the hash. Not going to put all that on Williams. The only thing he should have tried to go down at contact once centered. But he got a lot of contact and stood up.

At that point where distance wasn't an issue, we probably should've told him to run to the middle of the field and take a knee... Don't risk a fumble bc of contact

Maroonthirteen
09-10-2016, 09:46 AM

I hate I deleted the recording of the USA game. I'd like to see this read option"screw up" that cost us the game.

This is another example of a MSU fan saying some BS and our fans blowing it up further and spreading it.

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 10:20 AM
I hate I deleted the recording of the USA game. I'd like to see this read option"screw up" that cost us the game.

This is another example of a MSU fan saying some BS and our fans blowing it up further and spreading it.

It don't think it's bs. He made the wrong read. I can't remember if it was mentioned in the game thread or after the game but he did read it wring.

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 10:23 AM
At that point where distance wasn't an issue, we probably should've told him to run to the middle of the field and take a knee... Don't risk a fumble bc of contact

Don't disagree with that. I think he just got caught up in the jam but he could have just centered and drop to the ground instead of fighting for an extra yard and getting stood up.

was21
09-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Tebow said he was starting. Of course he started last week and we all know how that turned out

Bodawg
09-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Didn't we use an H-back once as a blocking back last week and actually had a real nice gain on a run? We need to go back and do some Relf/Hanrahan/Dixon smash mouth play. Would take some pressure of Fitz and utilize his ability to run or hand off to Williams, or set up the pass.

Maroonthirteen
09-10-2016, 11:39 AM
It don't think it's bs. He made the wrong read. I can't remember if it was mentioned in the game thread or after the game but he did read it wring.

Also, who's to say it was just a good ole 21 dive. We may have lined up in a familiar formation but doesnt mean read option was the called play.

Like I said, I want to see this game losing sure TD horrible horrible read. I have a good feeling how wide open this play was, is grossly exaggerated.

Really Clark?
09-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Also, who's to say it was just a good ole 21 dive. We may have lined up in a familiar formation but doesnt mean read option was the called play.

Like I said, I want to see this game losing sure TD horrible horrible read. I have a good feeling how wide open this play was, is grossly exaggerated.

Did I say anything about it being a TD missed read? No. It was a simple zone read he made the wrong read.

WinningIsRelentless
09-10-2016, 12:19 PM

He clearly missed the read. He came out trying to show he could throw the football and now doing what he does best.

Homedawg
09-10-2016, 04:14 PM

Oh my I just saw this. Where in the hell did you go to school? Can you read? Where didn't say it cost us the game??? Good grief man.