PDA

View Full Version : Basketball

msstate7
09-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Now that we've played some exhibition games, what's our most likely starting 5?

Is ado expected to clear?

BTW, this basketball thread isn't bc I've given up on football. I'm as excited as I've been in a long time about basketball.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-09-2016, 08:17 PM
I'm glad you asked. I am excited about basketball as well!

BayouDawg
09-09-2016, 08:22 PM
This is just my guess
1. Ready (at least early)
2. Carter/wright
3. Q
4. holman
5. Herard
I don't know if they expect Ado to clear or not, but they had him at the photoshoot I think. That may have been a just in case thing though. I also think if Stapleton is healthy by January we could have him at the 3 and Q at the 2. Or maybe Keglar can play the 3. From what I've heard Keglar is more of a stretch 4 than a small forward though.

msstate7
09-09-2016, 08:27 PM
This is just my guess
1. Ready (at least early)
2. Carter/wright
3. Q
4. holman
5. Herard
I don't know if they expect Ado to clear or not, but they had him at the photoshoot I think. That may have been a just in case thing though. I also think if Stapleton is healthy by January we could have him at the 3 and Q at the 2. Or maybe Keglar can play the 3. From what I've heard Keglar is more of a stretch 4 than a small forward though.

I think the consensus here was carter would RS before the exhibition games. I'm with you though, I think he plays this year

BayouDawg
09-09-2016, 08:37 PM
I think the consensus here was carter would RS before the exhibition games. I'm with you though, I think he plays this year

Yea if Malik had stayed he probably does redshirt. Or maybe even if Stapleton is healthy you redshirt him. I guess we could still redshirt him and have keglar play the 3 or have peters and ready at the 1 and 2. Howland has gone with 2 PG lineups before. But I think carter is gonna have a great career. He reminds of Barry Stewart but taller and more athletic.

DawgSaint
09-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Speaking of basketball have any of you noticed just how bad the home schedule is? I'm not talking about teams, but dates! Can we not play a Saturday home non conference game?? I may be wrong but think I counted 5 Saturday home games the entire season. Can't expect to sell a lot of season tickets like that. If you live in or around Starkville no big deal, but if you live a couple of hours or more out it becomes a big deal. I let the deadline pass today on tickets for this reason alone.

As far as the team....I agree this will be a fun team to watch. We could be very, very good in 2017-2018.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Howland has gone with 2 PG lineups before.

he better continue that if he intends on getting Nick W.

RougeDawg
09-09-2016, 09:44 PM
What are we expecting this year? .500 team in league play? I haven't kept up so I don't know what to expect, but I expect better than last year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-09-2016, 10:21 PM
What are we expecting this year? .500 team in league play? I haven't kept up so I don't know what to expect, but I expect better than last year.

I would say maybe a couple games over .500 in league play and we make NIT. Next year we going dancing!

BayouDawg
09-09-2016, 10:58 PM
I would say maybe a couple games over .500 in league play and we make NIT. Next year we going dancing!

I agree. We went 7-11 last year and should be improved. The SEC isn't very deep. I think we finish between 9-9 and 12-6. This team is young but talented. There will be some peaks and valleys. My biggest concern is lack of experience and bodies down low. I'm very excited with the direction the program is going.

shannondawg
09-10-2016, 06:38 AM
Speaking of basketball have any of you noticed just how bad the home schedule is? I'm not talking about teams, but dates! Can we not play a Saturday home non conference game?? I may be wrong but think I counted 5 Saturday home games the entire season. Can't expect to sell a lot of season tickets like that. If you live in or around Starkville no big deal, but if you live a couple of hours or more out it becomes a big deal. I let the deadline pass today on tickets for this reason alone.

As far as the team....I agree this will be a fun team to watch. We could be very, very good in 2017-2018.

I know its a burden for some to make the weekday games, but its best to keep your seat to re-up every year, especially this year as they are re seating. Thats if you want good seats. I know its hard to pay for something that you won't be able to use fully, but in the long run its gets down to how much you care where you sit. To each his own.

Has anybody hear if they sold out? Haven't seen any ads about buying tickets, or is it I just missed them. I see the ole miss ads , they badly want to fill that lip stick on a pig new arena.