PDA

View Full Version : Team unites under Mullen.....

Coach007
09-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Sorry folks. Some of your dreams won't becoming true anytime soon.

Gray among others report that the head man, Mullen, began the week by shouldering the blame for last week's shocking loss. Gray is not ready to let his coach stand alone in blame.
"That hurts," Gray said of Mullen accepting responsibility. "That just goes to show you what kind of coach we have. That's a man that is willing to do and give everything he's got everyday. He kind of understands that we gave less effort.

for him to take the whole blame says a lot about who he is. That's the type of leader that you want, the type of coach willing to accept any failure even though it's not on him. He can't go out there and play for us, but for him to say that and accept it that speaks volumes about coach and I love who coach is."

"I don't want to only get this win for Bulldog Nation, but for (Mullen)," Gray said. "I want to let him know that what he is doing is actually working. We're buying into the process. We're not giving up. We're not a spoiled team who thinks we got everything given to us. We're not living off of the land of what people have done five years ago or three years ago, like Dak (Prescott) or Fletcher Cox and everybody that has left a legacy here. We're not living off of that. We're going to build our own."

dawgday166
09-09-2016, 12:33 PM
This makes me think of the movie "Hoosiers" when Gene Hackman says "Guys, remember what we've worked on in practice. I WANNA SEE IT ON THE COURT!!"

civildawg
09-09-2016, 12:36 PM
All that matters is what happens on the field. They can say all they want but they have to do what they say for me to believe it.

Cary Hudson's little bro
09-09-2016, 12:48 PM
All that matters is what happens on the field. They can say all they want but they have to do what they say for me to believe it.

Well, they have to practice it first...so it'll happen on the field.

dawgday166
09-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Well, they have to practice it first...so it'll happen on the field.

Ha! Maybe we are seeing what is worked on in practice.

TimberBeast
09-09-2016, 01:10 PM
Sorry folks. Some of your dreams won't becoming true anytime soon.

So by team, you mean Gray?

Coach007
09-09-2016, 01:15 PM

oh.... you mean like go out on the field after practice and take it upon themselves to work the juggs etc.... They are.

Coach007
09-09-2016, 01:15 PM
By TEAM, I mean TEAM.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-09-2016, 01:18 PM
oh.... you mean like go out on the field after practice and take it upon themselves to work the juggs etc.... They are.

That should've been done in the summer...

Coach007
09-09-2016, 01:19 PM
That should've been done in the summer...

Awesome! The lose woke them up, and Mullen isn't going anywhere.

shoeless joe
09-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Not giving a pass...but this does somewhat verify one of the main things I like about Mullen. He doesn't give a shit what anybody outside his program thinks or says. It's all about what goes on inside the team. Basically the opposite of another coach that is so preoccupied with perception.

But that really has no bearing on the fact that he completely blew the game and he should have taken responsibility because he didn't do his #1 job: put players in a position to be successful.

RBritt
09-09-2016, 01:40 PM
"I'll make it." Westin Graves quote similar to what Chitwood tells the coach.

Dawgface
09-09-2016, 01:47 PM

I'll believe it when I see it on the field.

Coach007
09-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Not giving a pass...but this does somewhat verify one of the main things I like about Mullen. He doesn't give a shit what anybody outside his program thinks or says. It's all about what goes on inside the team. Basically the opposite of another coach that is so preoccupied with perception.

But that really has no bearing on the fact that he completely blew the game and he should have taken responsibility because he didn't do his #1 job: put players in a position to be successful.

Truth. And he did, and evidently judging from the team's reaction, it's not something they are use to hearing from him. Therefore it's effective. In other words, he's doesn't throw meaningless words around.

Coach007
09-09-2016, 01:56 PM
I'll believe it when I see it on the field.

That's up to you. But for those anti Mullen people who have been wanting him gone for a few years, he's not in jeopardy this year. He won't be next year unless there is a total melt down.

I, unlike many, never expected alot out of this season. In very few cases have you ever seen a QB and leader like Dak replaced the following year. If we win great! If we don't... keep working. I'm not ready to blow up the near future to appease a few arm chair people.

dawgday166
09-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Truth. And he did, and evidently judging from the team's reaction, it's not something they are use to hearing from him. Therefore it's effective. In other words, he's doesn't throw meaningless words around.

I don't know about this one now Coach ... Strain?? LOL

JoseBrown
09-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Don't be sorry, that's what they sposed to do.. I just hope it translates into a W, because I really do think we have more talent than losing to USA shows. Of course it'd be easier for Gray to buy in, he knows he's a focus of the offensive bubble screens. As an upperclassman he can grab an underclassman or two that won't sniff the field and be a leader.

EngDawg
09-09-2016, 02:42 PM
This makes me think of the movie "Hoosiers" when Gene Hackman says "Guys, remember what we've worked on in practice. I WANNA SEE IT ON THE COURT!!"

"My team is on the floor"

was21
09-09-2016, 02:47 PM
That's a good point you make in the first paragraph. Second paragraph: Actually, they were in position to "win" the game but the guy missed the field goal. On the other hand, the game outcome should not have come down to the field goal, so there's room for debate.

dawgday166
09-09-2016, 03:06 PM
"My team is on the floor"

I like it.

msstate7
09-09-2016, 03:18 PM
That's a good point you make in the first paragraph. Second paragraph: Actually, they were in position to "win" the game but the guy missed the field goal. On the other hand, the game outcome should not have come down to the field goal, so there's room for debate.

We were in position to get a safety. We were in position to knock down the corner td pass they got too. Get either of those and there's no reason for a fg at end. A game vs USA shouldn't have us looking back at what-if's though, so it's on mullen imo anyway

tireddawg
09-09-2016, 03:41 PM
That's up to you. But for those anti Mullen people who have been wanting him gone for a few years, he's not in jeopardy this year. He won't be next year unless there is a total melt down.

I, unlike many, never expected alot out of this season. In very few cases have you ever seen a QB and leader like Dak replaced the following year. If we win great! If we don't... keep working. I'm not ready to blow up the near future to appease a few arm chair people.

I don't want him gone, I want him to get his head out of his 17ing ass!

Coach007
09-09-2016, 04:57 PM
I don't want him gone, I want him to get his head out of his 17ing ass!

I agree with you.

This game was my first issue with Mullen.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-09-2016, 05:15 PM

The lack of leadership from within the players is an apparent weakness and that's something that can't be fixed over a week. That shit should be been established over the summer and we shouldn't be trying to work it out after a loss to a mid-tier Sunbelt team. We better find some alphas or we're going to get abused like betas the rest of the year.

djaymsu5
09-09-2016, 07:00 PM
I hope Mullen is absolutely embarrassed by losing to USA for the team, the city and himself as a coach. I hope he loses sleep at night over that loss and it's fuels him to be a better coach and to learn from his mistakes. That NEVER needs to happen again. Yea Mullen doesn't play the game for them but he's their leader and he needs to put the best players on the field to win the game regardless of who we are playing. He needs to get his shit together because he has become too complacent. Everyone knows it and now it's time for him to step it up and show us how good of a coach he thinks he is.

Tbonewannabe
09-09-2016, 07:46 PM
I really hope this is the truth and we come out and stomp some ass.

IMissJack
09-09-2016, 08:17 PM
MSU fans I talk to do not want Mullen gone, neither do I. However, I want the best for MSU and lately I don't feel like we are getting it. He has done good things at MSU, and I want to support him. But, he is going to have to learn to change and adapt to life without Dak again. I also want MSU to be in a position to capitalize on OM's upcoming sanctions, and we cannot do that with a crap show going on in our own camp.

Coach007
09-09-2016, 09:10 PM
MSU fans I talk to do not want Mullen gone, neither do I. However, I want the best for MSU and lately I don't feel like we are getting it. He has done good things at MSU, and I want to support him. But, he is going to have to learn to change and adapt to life without Dak again. I also want MSU to be in a position to capitalize on OM's upcoming sanctions, and we cannot do that with a crap show going on in our own camp.

I think we all agree on most points. We need the QB to be named and that he needs to take the reins. Leadership comes as earned.

Pollodawg
09-09-2016, 09:16 PM
I am with Brandon Walker. I just want 2009-2010 azzhole Cousin Eddie looking Dan back.

GTHOM
09-10-2016, 02:07 AM
Talk is cheap