PDA

View Full Version : Props to the student section

PassInterference
09-09-2016, 09:36 AM
Early in the game, they brought the smack. They rang cloud. Center puts his hand on the ball, the ringing immediately stops and switches to yelling LOUD like hell. It was impressive. It was coordinated.

Do they practice this at Cowbell Yell or something?

Say what you want about them bailing at halftime.

I was impressed with what they did in the first half and I hope they bring that to South Carolina.

09-09-2016, 09:42 AM

Must have only practiced it for 30 minutes at the Cowbell Yell. Actually, I would guess anyone wearing maroon or white at the game thought it was only 30 minutes long.***

Spiderman
09-09-2016, 09:46 AM
Early in the game, they brought the smack. They rang cloud. Center puts his hand on the ball, the ringing immediately stops and switches to yelling LOUD like hell. It was impressive. It was coordinated.

I was impressed with what they did in the first half and I hope they bring that to South Carolina.

The students leaving at halftime sucked a lot of air out of the stadium.

Believe me, it had an effect

PassInterference
09-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Just speculating here... I think the students did what our players did. We had a good lead at halftime. It was hot. Start coasting (or leaving) and read about our big blowout win on twitter or something.

Jack Lambert
09-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Maybe the 1st half but it was pretty embarrassing the second.

Spiderman
09-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Just speculating here... I think the students did what our players did. We had a good lead at halftime. It was hot. Start coasting (or leaving) and read about our big blowout win on twitter or something.

Yep and when players come out at halftime and see it empty it, to them, verifies that the game is over and the intensity goes down.

Liverpooldawg
09-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Be there, and DON'T leave at the half.

Bama_Dawg
09-09-2016, 12:28 PM
They bailed at halftime, like you said.

We all know why, 11am start times suck, it was the first of September (hottern' hell), and many of them left to go home and enjoy a day off on Monday.

You come to the game you stay for the game. Doesn't matter what was brought when they were there, they didn't bring it for the entire time...and I think that also showed in our team's second half effort. If the student section stays...we win that game, easily. This is a young(ish) team and feeds off energy. Since the students (and subsequently other fans) left at the half, it was dead in the second half.

That's embarrassing, that's what I have to say.

Cloak
09-09-2016, 01:23 PM
I was one of those students that left at halftime. That was the first time I've ever done it. This weekend will be different for the students, because we're looking at a night game where we aren't all hungover. It'll be packed till the end.

sleepy dawg
09-09-2016, 01:25 PM

This is all so common... Our students are always bad ass for the first half of games, and almost always bail at half. Game time and temperature matter not. The only exceptions are the really really big games (maybe 1 or 2 a year... maybe).

aromatherapy
09-09-2016, 01:32 PM
the stadium could have been empty and we should have won by 30. Crowd noise has little effect ever since the shotgun became prevalent.

EdDawg
09-09-2016, 01:53 PM
I agree the students should stay the whole game and it may have an impact on the team's performance. However if that is why we lost, then I guess we are screwed when we have to play on the road.

What happens when we play on the road in an empty stadium?