PDA

View Full Version : It's time for the annual cord sandberg thread

msstate7
09-09-2016, 07:44 AM
'16 stats (a advanced)... .230/.306/.315, so ops of .621.

Career stats (4 years)... .238/.298/.327, so ops of .625.

Who knows if he ever plays CFB, but I'd say the chances are much greater than MLB

DownwardDawg
09-09-2016, 08:22 AM
He will be 30 by the time Mullen lets him play.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-09-2016, 10:00 AM
Annual? I know he's been talked about 2 twice in the last 4-6 months

BoomBoom
09-09-2016, 10:07 AM

Who knows if he ever plays CFB, but I'd say the chances are much greater than MLB

To rebut again....he's advanced a level every year. Almost all the players in his league are older than him. He'll repeat high A next year. If he can't earn a promotion to AA, then it will be time to start thinking about moving on. I will say he hasnt impressed in any way, even as he has advanced at a reasonable rate, he's not really showing any tools. That's a big problem. If he was showing a couple tools, then that level of production at his progression would be no problem. But without them, next year is make or break for him.

HoopsDawg
09-09-2016, 10:13 AM

Time to move on. I feel good about Thompson being our future QB assuming we hold onto him.

msstate7
09-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Annual? I know he's been talked about 2 twice in the last 4-6 months

I'm thinking of making this a weekly discussion**

Minor league baseball regular season ended, so I posted his season totals

msstate7
09-09-2016, 10:25 AM
To rebut again....he's advanced a level every year. Almost all the players in his league are older than him. He'll repeat high A next year. If he can't earn a promotion to AA, then it will be time to start thinking about moving on. I will say he hasnt impressed in any way, even as he has advanced at a reasonable rate, he's not really showing any tools. That's a big problem. If he was showing a couple tools, then that level of production at his progression would be no problem. But without them, next year is make or break for him.

He has advanced, but I don't see how the advancement was earned

maroonmania
09-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Time to move on. I feel good about Thompson being our future QB assuming we hold onto him.

Well to those who kept proclaiming that our QB situation is the best its ever been, I would say after this past Saturday that statement is very much in doubt. Whether we sign Thompson or not that is no reason to not pursue Sandberg if he decides to come back to college football. He was our #1 QB target the year we signed him for a reason. Right now I don't know that any of the QBs we currently have are SEC caliber based on one game.

msstate7
09-09-2016, 12:53 PM
Well to those who kept proclaiming that our QB situation is the best its ever been, I would say after this past Saturday that statement is very much in doubt. Whether we sign Thompson or not that is no reason to not pursue Sandberg if he decides to come back to college football. He was our #1 QB target the year we signed him for a reason. Right now I don't know that any of the QBs we currently have are SEC caliber based on one game.

I agree, but I see where hoops is coming from. The chances we get cord probably are a long shot at best while Thompson is very likely and he's a great prospect

maroonmania
09-09-2016, 02:06 PM
I agree, but I see where hoops is coming from. The chances we get cord probably are a long shot at best while Thompson is very likely and he's a great prospect

Well if we are thinking signing Cord could cost us Thompson then I agree as well. Would love to end up with both though. I doubt Sandberg will make his baseball decision until well after signing day next year.

BoomBoom
09-09-2016, 02:09 PM
He has advanced, but I don't see how the advancement was earned

It's called aggressive promotion. If his production drops at the new level, it was too soon. If it doesnt, then the reasonable inference is it would have risen at the old level had a promotion not come first. Id have to check, but he probably performed better at past levels as the season went on. I know he did not this year, thus my belief he will repeat the level.