PDA

View Full Version : Tebow signs with the Mets.

Leroy Jenkins
09-09-2016, 02:25 AM
Don't know the contract details, 100k signing bonus.

Duckdog
09-09-2016, 08:21 AM
what a joke

DownwardDawg
09-09-2016, 08:23 AM
what a joke

I doubt he makes it, but just wondering, why is it a joke?

Duckdog
09-09-2016, 08:32 AM
because when was the last time tebow has swung a bat before this????? Like I said its a freaking joke

Maroonthirteen
09-09-2016, 08:40 AM
I saw Michael Jordan's Bham Barrons play the Memphis Chicks in Memphis. Double A. Jordan was so late on the fastballs. The ball was hitting the mitt as his bat went through the strike zone. He did put the ball in play on one at bat though. A ground out. Maybe Jordan got better the more he played. But he didn't belong there that night.

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2016, 08:53 AM
A few thoughts:

1. I have no problem with the Mets signing Tim Tebow. I thought it would be the Braves because they own their minor affiliates &, due to that, have the greatest capacity to make money off his signing. However, having Tebow around your young minor leaguers has value as well. He has some poor man's Russell Branyon in & may be able to tap into some power in a best case scenerio.

2. I think letting him leave instructional league to fulfill his SEC Network obligations is a joke. If I were Sandy Alderson, I would have made Tebow prove he is completely committed to baseball. Meaning he has to give up his SEC Network job & go play Winter ball in Australia, where he could accumulate a couple hundred at-bats.

3. I think giving him $100,000 is a joke. $100,000 in baseball terms isn't much money, but it's a number that many organizations tell prospects they can't give them in the draft because their budget is topped out. So by giving Tebow $100,000 the Mets have kind of given every agent the ability to ask for at least $100,000 in next year's draft.

starkvegasdawg
09-09-2016, 08:54 AM
It's a long shot he ever does anything substantial in baseball, but there's no harm in him giving it a shot if a team is willing to take a chance on him. What would be a joke would be me trying to get on with a MLB team's farm system, but I promise you if one was willing to give me a 100K bonus and a shot, I'd be buying me some cleats this afternoon. Chase your dream cause you never know. Worst that can happen is you don't make it and you are right back where you were before you tried.

lefty96
09-09-2016, 09:27 AM
2. I think letting him leave instructional league to fulfill his SEC Network obligations is a joke. If I were Sandy Alderson, I would have made Tebow prove he is completely committed to baseball. Meaning he has to give up his SEC Network job & go play Winter ball in Australia, where he could accumulate a couple hundred at-bats.

This is why it is a joke. He's not serious about this, this is a cash grab or an attempt to say in the news. You can't take a decade off a sport, then play part time in the dev league and expect to make it. I think it is silly and I'm sure tons of other guys that are putting in the work are pretty offended by it. I know I would be.

Engine
09-09-2016, 12:24 PM
This is why it is a joke. He's not serious about this, this is a cash grab or an attempt to say in the news. You can't take a decade off a sport, then play part time in the dev league and expect to make it. I think it is silly and I'm sure tons of other guys that are putting in the work are pretty offended by it. I know I would be.

Didn't Satchel Paige take a decade off and come back for a game at 58, still effective as hell?

Percho
09-09-2016, 01:23 PM
Nothing I like better than making everyone's decisions for them.***

That appears to me what message board posters would like to do.

"The Rookie," based on a true story.

Blind hog finding an acorn.

USA beating MSU and Mullen who never loses to someone he is suppose to beat.

---- happens!