PDA

View Full Version : Lose to south Alabama

Dawgfan77
09-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Lose the first commitment. You still think Mullen is all in. Fuh gotta bout it
JJ Russell decommits from Mississippi State's Class of 2017 https://t.co/Oui6olXG99

youraveragesavage
09-08-2016, 08:43 PM
That's very bad news for getting cj Avery.

msstate7
09-08-2016, 08:43 PM
This just concerns me bc he's teammates with Avery.

Op4isabitch
09-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Avery tweeted earlier today that it's interesting to see lots of SEC teams playing true freshmen.

It's happening boys and happening ain't good.

Dawgfan77
09-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Notice what CJ tweeted today and now this... folks kids are smart they see we don't play the best players regardless of class. My prediction... he won't be the last recommit. If we don't make a change things will continue to fall apart.
I'm a bulldog through and through and will always pull for state, but if your still on board with Mullen. Wake the F@#k up.
Hailstate

It_Could_Happen
09-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Didn't Mullen go watch this kid play last Friday?

Op4isabitch
09-08-2016, 08:53 PM
Yes, he helicoptered in wearing his yeezys and fresh pressed shorts.

Engine
09-08-2016, 08:53 PM
Mullen is an anchor on our program. We continue to miss opportunities with his lackadaisical attitude. He can't handle success and keep his drive, just not who he is. He's not maniacal like Harbaugh, Saban, etc. He's milquetoast. He's complacent. He's Jeb Bush.

Go get Art Briles - offer 4 mil a year and throw up middle fingers to everyone

msstate7
09-08-2016, 08:55 PM

Dunning is olb that's rated higher and better offers. Paul CBed Shanon Reid to us the other day and Reid has better offers. It wouldn't surprise me if we wanted this... Pure speculation though, so I could be wrong

msstate7
09-08-2016, 08:56 PM

I think the helicopter appearance was more for Avery, not Russell

Goldendawg
09-08-2016, 08:57 PM
What's ironic, he decommits and our avg. rating per player goes up to .8607 or so from I think .8589 or something.

GreenheadDawg
09-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Dunning is olb that's rated higher and better offers. Paul CBed Shanon Reid to us the other day and Reid has better offers. It wouldn't surprise me if we wanted this... Pure speculation though, so I could be wrong

Come on man. You're better than that. About time to start calling a spade a spade

Dawgfan77
09-08-2016, 08:58 PM
I understand some of your logic but his teammate tweeted about playing freshman and then he decommits. Maybe we asked him to look around or maybe he said I'm out

msstate7
09-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Come on man. You're better than that. About time to start calling a spade a spade

Om hasn't offered Russell and many felt he was a questionable take at the time

Goldendawg
09-08-2016, 09:01 PM
He may be a diamond in the rough, but he was toward the bottom of our list of commits per avg. player rating. Of course that doesn't mean we will replace him with a 4 star. Click on the 24/7 board of our targets, very few 4 stars on the board for us.

Tripp McNeely
09-08-2016, 09:08 PM

Why do you think this wasn't encouraged...or at least not discouraged?

Bothrops
09-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Judging from his video, I think 247 has him too low. But 247 has a lot of kids rated low in this cycle.

dawgday166
09-08-2016, 09:10 PM
He may be a diamond in the rough, but he was toward the bottom of our list of commits per avg. player rating. Of course that doesn't mean we will replace him with a 4 star. Click on the 24/7 board of our targets, very few 4 stars on the board for us.

That's always the case for us. Once a long time ago, I thought Mullen & Co. may have some kind of strategy ... didn't know what it was. But every year we target maybe 15 or so 4 stars and 2 or 3 5 star players. I don't understand this.

ETA: This may be why we never get that many 4 star players.

GreenheadDawg
09-08-2016, 09:13 PM
Why do you think this wasn't encouraged...or at least not discouraged?

So you think that after a bad loss to a sun belt team that we are dropping recruits? Yeh I bet we've got some 4 stars knocking our doors down for that spot

msstate7
09-08-2016, 09:14 PM
So you think that after a bad loss to a sun belt team that we are dropping recruits? Yeh I bet we've got some 4 stars knocking our doors down for that spot

Well Buckley is working on shanon Reid (olb) from Florida.

Tripp McNeely
09-08-2016, 09:35 PM

Yeah...we actually do. You read much on Shanon Reid?

dawgday166
09-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Yeah...we actually do. You read much on Shanon Reid?

Haven't read about him but ... he'll probably string us along for a while then bolt for another team like Lashley did.

msstate7
09-08-2016, 09:39 PM
Haven't read about him but ... he'll probably string us along for a while then bolt for another team like Lashley did.

Gotcha... Get the one you can and don't aspire to upgrade them bc they could go somewhere else

Tripp McNeely
09-08-2016, 10:04 PM

I don't remember Paul, Robbie or Steve saying that Lashley would commit as soon as we made a strong push...Paul said that exact thing about Reid this morning

dawgday166
09-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Gotcha... Get the one you can and don't aspire to upgrade them bc they could go somewhere else

That's not what I'm saying. I haven't followed this closely. Since he's a D guy, may have a chance. We do get some 4 stars on the D side that pan out too. On the O side ... not so much.

GreenheadDawg
09-09-2016, 10:41 AM

I guess I'm gonna just take the same stance that some of you take on Mullen. Why aspire to improve? We are just poor ol' ms state. Can't do any better so we better just keep the ones we have. Right?