PDA

View Full Version : This is what it comes down to for me

lamont
09-08-2016, 07:07 PM
1. We have enough talent to compete in the SEC West and Dan Mullen cant get them to play or get the job done anymore.

2. We dont have enough talent to compete in the SEC West in Year 8 of Mullen's tenure. Who is to blame for that?

Why would a new coach need 4-5 years to rebuild if we have talent?
If we dont have the talent to compete in the West- why do we continue to stay with the guy that cant get the talent on campus anymore after 8 years leading the program?

These last 11 games will answer alot of questions

klong-dog
09-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Stating the obvious imo. We'll learn a whole lot Saturday night.

BayouDawg
09-08-2016, 07:29 PM
I'm afraid this last recruiting class is really gonna come back to haunt us. How many did we even get on campus? 17 or 18? Now we're having to hit the jucos hard and we all know this staff can't get jucos ready to play until the last 6 games of their career. I just don't have a good feeling about what's goin on with the program.

Op4isabitch
09-08-2016, 07:41 PM
We've got some talent, my question is why isn't it being developed and put in position to excel.

For example, You can't tell me that out of the three 4 star RB's we have that none of them are good enough to start.

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2016, 07:41 PM
1. We have enough talent to compete in the SEC West and Dan Mullen cant get them to play or get the job done anymore.

2. We dont have enough talent to compete in the SEC West in Year 8 of Mullen's tenure. Who is to blame for that?

If we dont have the talent to compete in the West- why do we continue to stay with the guy that cant get the talent on campus anymore after 8 years leading the program?

Anybody could do better right? Kind of like Rick Ray sure did better than Stans.................oh spit.....nevermind.

lamont
09-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Anybody could do better right? Kind of like Rick Ray sure did better than Stans.................oh spit.....nevermind.

Who said Rick Ray would be better than Stands? I didn't want to hire RR

John Cohen turned out better than Polk
Stands turned out more consistent than Williams
McMahon turned out better than Polk

We've had lots of success during coaching changes

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2016, 07:57 PM
Who said Rick Ray would be better than Stands? I didn't want to hire RR

John Cohen turned out better than Polk
Stands turned out more consistent than Williams
McMahon turned out better than Polk

We've had lots of success during coaching changes

You...err.......your brother, once told me that ANYBODY would be better than Stans. He was FLAT OUT WRONG. We STILL haven't equaled his last record since he was fired. We MIGHT this year....then again we might not.

BayouDawg
09-08-2016, 08:02 PM
You...err.......your brother, once told me that ANYBODY would be better than Stans. He was FLAT OUT WRONG. We STILL haven't equaled his last record since he was fired. We MIGHT this year....then again we might not.

Are you really saying we shouldn't have let stans go? C'mon man. The program was too far gone by the time we pulled the trigger.

lamont
09-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Stands killed our basketball program. What RR took over turned out to be shit.

Mullen may turn this all around- that's why I keep saying we have to see how this season turns out. But as I showed- we have made hires to replace coaches and improved. Mullen even improved over Croom. People want our football job. Our last 4 coaches should have been Steve Spurrier, Jackie Sherrill, Jimbo Fisher, and Dan Mullen.

That's impressive

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Are you really saying we shouldn't have let stans go? C'mon man. The program was too far gone by the time we pulled the trigger.

Not arguing that one way or another. Fact remains I was told by this dude.....err.........his brother.......that ANYONE would be better than Stans. Surely you aren't arguing that Rick Ray was better?

ILOATHEBears
09-08-2016, 08:09 PM
We've got some talent, my question is why isn't it being developed and put in position to excel.

For example, You can't tell me that out of the three 4 star RB's we have that none of them are good enough to start.

Did u guys see CJ Avery tweet out "I'm noticing more programs playing true freshmen"? 👀👀

Interesting..:::

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2016, 08:14 PM
Stands killed our basketball program. What RR took over turned out to be shit.

Mullen may turn this all around- that's why I keep saying we have to see how this season turns out. But as I showed- we have made hires to replace coaches and improved. Mullen even improved over Croom. People want our football job. Our last 4 coaches should have been Steve Spurrier, Jackie Sherrill, Jimbo Fisher, and Dan Mullen.

That's impressive

Maybe......but then there is Rick Ray.....and Croom.....and Felker.........and Polk 2 (although that one did have it's moments). By the way....you.......err........your brother......called for Cohen to be fired THIS year. I also recall your brother saying that lots of people wanted Stans' job too. Your brother was about as wrong as he could have been. He meant well, I think. He was just wrong.

Tripp McNeely
09-08-2016, 08:15 PM
For all the amazing things RP's alter ego has done to destroy the bears, the agenda almost overcomes it...please dear lord stop!! We know how you feel! Why do you feel the need to repeat the same shit over, and over...and over????

Again, I do not mean any disrespect. you've done amazing things with your battle against the bears...They should be honored and applauded, but this constant Mullen-bashing is so counterproductive to the cause that it's borderline insane! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET MULLEN FIRED!!! If he gets canned, it will have nothing to do with your message board ranting!! All that ranting can do it hurt program progress!!

Dawg4Life
09-08-2016, 08:15 PM

Luginbill was on OOB this week and stated that a developmental program like MSU is going to have these years. Of course he was referring to the presumed outcome this year of the 4-8 range. It begs the question of what our ceiling is going forward.

The facts are that in spite of the bowl games and number 1 ranking, we have been streaky or up and down dating back to 2009. I would say that 2009-2010 was playing at or above our expected outcome. 2011-2013 was a strange three years. Underperforming in 2011 only to come back to an 8-0 start in 2012. But then the team went 5-11 from Alabama 2012 thru Alabama 2013. Then we went on a 12-0 streak beginning with Arkansas 2013 until it ended in Tuscaloosa in 2014. Since that time we are 10-8.

Can we expect better than being embarrassed by USA? Of course and that goes against anything we've seen under Dan. Can we expect to have sustained success, without the occasional underperforming year or 5-11 spurt that we saw in years past? I don't know. Without going rogue in recruiting, in the SEC West, probably not...no matter who is coaching (Jackie had similar ups and downs).

I believe that most fans and probably administration of MSU is fine with the past 7 years. What has caused the stir is watching Saturday and having flashbacks to 2001-2003 and the Croom era. We just don't want to go through that again. We have to be proactive and not reactive. So your #1 and #2 questions above hit the nail on the head as far as what has to be answered to get a proactive response moving forward.

lamont
09-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Lol- wow

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2016, 08:16 PM
For all the amazing things RP's alter ego has done to destroy the bears, the agenda almost overcomes it...please dear lord stop!! We know how you feel! Why do you feel the need to repeat the same shit over, and over...and over????

Again, I do not mean any disrespect. you've done amazing things with your battle against the bears...They should be honored and applauded, but this constant Mullen-bashing is so counterproductive to the cause that it's borderline insane! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET MULLEN FIRED!!! If he gets canned, it will have nothing to do with your message board ranting!! All that ranting can do it hurt program progress!!

This. SIGH.

lamont
09-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Liverpool- Stands killed RR. He destroyed the program. Find something else to talk about.

Replacing Mullen in 2017 would be like Cohen taking over for Polk. Mullen hasn't let the program become embarrassing the way Stands did. Your comparison is terrible

Maroonthirteen
09-08-2016, 08:24 PM
We don't have near the talent. Small CBs who have absolutely no nose for the ball. 2 TD passes sailed by their ear hole. Turn around and find the damn ball.

QB...what a sh** show. Neither guy had another offer outside the CUSA/Sunbelt. Gezz....that's on the coach.

RB....Dear should be playing Holloway's role and Holloway playing Dears role. If someone doesn't want to play RB, sit the bench and put Williams in.

Defense.....get out of the way!!!! We haven't seen a nasty hard-nosed MSU defense since 2009.

Kicking....17 scholarships used. Use a scholarship for a good kicker.

MSU has always excelled as a defensive, kicking game, run the ball and play field position team. Dak's years are the only years I can ever remember MSU having a winning season being a finesse team. Dak is gone. Time to get back to old MSU style.

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Liverpool- Stands killed RR. He destroyed the program. Find something else to talk about.

Replacing Mullen in 2017 would be like Cohen taking over for Polk. Mullen hasn't let the program become embarrassing the way Stands did. Your comparison is terrible

RR won FIVE games in his new gig last year. Stans had NOTHING to do with how bad of a coach he was. ONCE AGAIN.......your brother said ANYBODY would do better than Stans. RR NEVER did. Howland hasn't YET, not here. I think that will change. Don't act like RR was who we WANTED to hire either. We tried some of the ones you thought would jump at it, and some more. Your brother has GREAT sources on UM. Mine on MSU basketball are pretty dang good.

was21
09-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Hint: Revert back to being random...just popping up every now and then..other than that...read more post less..thx

BayouDawg
09-08-2016, 08:40 PM
Not arguing that one way or another. Fact remains I was told by this dude.....err.........his brother.......that ANYONE would be better than Stans. Surely you aren't arguing that Rick Ray was better?

There was no more fighting in the stands in national tv. The players could actually get up and down the court without vomiting. That was an improvement. Obviously RR couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag though

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2016, 08:45 PM
There was no more fighting in the stands in national tv. The players could actually get up and down the court without vomiting. That was an improvement. Obviously RR couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag though

But the team SUCKED, and sucked BAD. They might could get up and down the court but they had no idea WHY they were getting up and down the court. I've NEVER seen a team look so lost....and I saw Richard William's first teams. Everybody but us forgot about that fight a week later.

lamont
09-08-2016, 08:45 PM
RR won FIVE games in his new gig last year. Stans had NOTHING to do with how bad of a coach he was. ONCE AGAIN.......your brother said ANYBODY would do better than Stans. RR NEVER did. Howland hasn't YET, not here. I think that will change. Don't act like RR was who we WANTED to hire either. We tried some of the ones you thought would jump at it, and some more. Your brother has GREAT sources on UM. Mine on MSU basketball are pretty dang good.

Stands was fired because of what went on off the court- not on the court. Most dysfucntional program in America. Dumpster Fire. Thats what people called us. Stands killed the program.

Move along to another subject