PDA

View Full Version : What's your optimism level like for Saturday night?

Irondawg
09-08-2016, 12:23 PM
I've tried, but honestly I just have a hard time getting myself to give a rip. Last Saturday took a lot out of me and I'm pretty convinced we're going to play musical chairs at QB and not use the weapons we have very well.

Likewise I'm not sure we can stop anybody's passing attack.

Hoping I'm proved wrong and we look like a different team Saturday and get some level of optimism for the LSU game.

Political Hack
09-08-2016, 12:26 PM
I'll watch it Sunday. Maybe.

TrapGame
09-08-2016, 12:31 PM
I like what I'm hearing from Paul and Steve about the attitude and focus but I'm not pinning my hopes and dreams to it. I'm just gonna wait and see.

DownwardDawg
09-08-2016, 12:33 PM
I'm gonna watch and would love to see a win. I expect us to get beat pretty soundly.
So, looking forward to watching my bulldogs but not expecting to win.

msstate7
09-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Cautiously optimistic... Make no mistake though, I'm very interested. Simmons' debut and Leo's sec opener alone make it must see to me

PassInterference
09-08-2016, 12:41 PM
Until we have a QB as good or better than Chris Relf, my enthusiasm level is zero.

That said, I'm already invested in these tickets. Tailgating is a thing. So... I'm there.

Beaver
09-08-2016, 12:43 PM
I know it's gonna be an ugly game so I'm not super pumped, but at the same time there aren't many good games this weekend, so I'll probably be excited by kick-off.

dawg27
09-08-2016, 12:53 PM
Last weekend took some wind out of me. I was somewhat exited about this year and then last weekend happened, but i going to be there hoping we play better.

msbulldog
09-08-2016, 12:53 PM
I like what I'm hearing from Paul and Steve about the attitude and focus but I'm not pinning my hopes and dreams to it. I'm just gonna wait and see.

Sounds like their talking the talk, I just hope they do the walk. Who knows how this turns out, maybe last Saturday was the best thing that could happen to this team. I know a lot of people think we don't have talent on this team, but I can assure you after watching for about 45 years, we've had worse. Anyway HAIL STATE!

WinningIsRelentless
09-08-2016, 01:01 PM
State by 13

Irondawg
09-08-2016, 01:08 PM
I think we have talent. This is by no means dan's least talented bunch in my eyes. We're pretty good on the DL, solid at LB (although I'm not sure how good we are at Star).

Our WR are upper end I feel and I still think we have a good SEC running back somewhere in that stable. If the staff really doesn't think we do then it's time to do what we all wanted anyway and put Dear there.

BB30
09-08-2016, 01:14 PM
I actually feel alright about the game. Not because we are good but South Carolina is equally as terrible as we are. I think we get out of our own way a little bit this week and win the game by a couple of scores.

Dental Dawg33
09-08-2016, 01:25 PM
If you would have asked me Sunday, I would have told you we will be lucky to win 3 games. I'm still not convinced otherwise, but I've calmed down enough to realize this wasn't going to be a banner year anyway. No excuse losing to USA, but there is still a lot of positive that can come from this rebuilding year. It's going to be a tall task to go bowling this year, but we still have a lot of talent. Im skeptical about Saturday, but SC is about the perfect SEC team to see where we are going to go from here. We come out, play hard and walk away with a 10+ point win, then some good things can happen. We lose, the only other game I'm circling on my schedule is Samford

HancockCountyDog
09-08-2016, 01:32 PM
If we lose the ceiling of this year's team is 3-9. That isn't being pessimistic, that gives us wins against UK and the other two OOC games not named BYU.

I guess you could talk me into the Arkansas game, but at that point we will be playing for nothing but pride.

If we win, we have an outside shot at six wins.

RocketDawg
09-08-2016, 01:33 PM
I'll be at the game, and I think we win. Is that optimistic enough?

Maroonthirteen
09-08-2016, 01:34 PM
The past couple of years plus last Saturday have taken a lot out of me. But focusing on this year...

I expect Williams at QB and Holloway at RB for the entire game. So, not many points will be scored.

The USC QB tossed it around decently vs Vandy. I don't think our secondary is any better than Vandy's. I think USC will be a little more talented than USA on offense.

I don't care what we look like this week. LSU will beat us.

SaintDawg
09-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Gonna give it all I got! Section 6, Row 1

Apoplectic
09-08-2016, 01:57 PM
According to Mullen we have a 50/50 chance

Jack Lambert
09-08-2016, 02:14 PM
If Graves had made the field goal would your optimism be different? We will win and look good doing this Saturday. As far as LSU goes, stop number 7 and you stop LSU.

Maroonthirteen
09-08-2016, 02:37 PM
http://elikes.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/03/up41j.jpg

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-08-2016, 02:47 PM
about 3 pm last Saturday it was 0% optimism for this week. Now it has risen to 25%

TaleofTwoDogs
09-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Don't really know how to feel about this game. The four decade State fan in me says we're toast, been there, done that. The new era Bulldog says we got sucker punched now its time to kick some Cock.
Guess I'll just flip a coin on this one.

Todd4State
09-08-2016, 04:13 PM
I'm going in with curiosity more than anything. Will we make personnel changes?

Nothing would really surprise me at this point.

Bothrops
09-08-2016, 04:22 PM
I'm optimistic, Mullen is coaching for his job. Anybody that doesn't think so is not looking too deep. I think he will do what's necessary to win, unlike last Saturday. Shit is real now.

PMDawg
09-08-2016, 04:41 PM
I'll watch it Sunday. Maybe.

+1

Goldendawg
09-08-2016, 05:13 PM
In my five decades of going to MSU games I have seen worse, but I have also seen much better teams. I honestly thought we had talent to step up to our loses to graduation and the NFL. I also thought our Coach cared again. After Saturday I am sure of neither. 10-8, since being #1. I really thought the OL would be better and I'm really tired of watching Holloway up the middle. Top 25 to 30 recruiting classes mean very little when the SEC teams in your division are consistent Top 10. We are paying for our HC's laziness in recruiting and stubbornness in many other areas.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-08-2016, 05:33 PM
I've tried, but honestly I just have a hard time getting myself to give a rip. Last Saturday took a lot out of me and I'm pretty convinced we're going to play musical chairs at QB and not use the weapons we have very well.

Likewise I'm not sure we can stop anybody's passing attack.

Hoping I'm proved wrong and we look like a different team Saturday and get some level of optimism for the LSU game.

I think we win, but I look for USCe to cover (assuming the spread is still 7). If we win, it will be close.

maroonmania
09-08-2016, 07:55 PM
State by 13

I hope we score 13. Its going to be a struggle as a hard fought low scoring game IMO. The season is already on life support, if we lose to SC it will be shot to hell.

dawgday166
09-08-2016, 07:58 PM
I would say the score may be 3 - 2 ... but I'm not sure our D can stop them from scoring at least a touchdown.