PDA

View Full Version : Post 10,000

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm not one of the original members of the site, and certainly not a moderator. But I am someone that came here from another site back in 2013 and have never looked back. In fact, I don't even remember what my login info was on that other site. I just finally got enough of that message board up north (or wherever it is based) and left it and now here I am making my 10,000th post Whether that means I need to put my phone down more is subject to debate and who you ask. I?m not one with a lot of inside information that people clamor to read, but hopefully some of my posts have at least brought an occasional smile to your face or offered up a new perspective on a topic.

After last Saturday I, as were most of you, was basically left speechless at what happened and was left trying to find something or someone to point the finger at. I believe every possible conspiracy theory has been well hashed out in many threads. Some offered up by yours truly. But I'm trying to back up and get a different look at things and being someone that likes history the words penned by Thomas Payne in the opening paragraph of "The Crisis" came to mind. So I pulled up the text and read it again and immediately started drawing parallels to what MSU fans are now looking at. So I have adapted that opening paragraph to fit MSU and have included it below.

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer fan and the sunshine season ticket holder will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their university; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Ole Miss, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated. TSUN, with a willing media to enforce her tyranny, has declared that she has a right (not only to cheat) but "to cheat in all cases whatsoever" and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God which Hugh Freeze thinks he is.

gtowndawg
09-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Congrats on 10,000.

All I can say is we better adopt this saying like our collective football lives depend on this year.

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

Let's make it happen Mullen.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Congrats on the milestone! Always enjoy your posts and appreciate your weather info. Great job with the Thomas Payne piece. Here's to many more posts for you!

Dawgbite
09-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Congrats as well. Is the 34 new on your name or am I just noticing it?

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Congrats as well. Is the 34 new on your name or am I just noticing it?

It's relatively new. Few weeks at most.

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Congrats on the milestone! Always enjoy your posts and appreciate your weather info. Great job with the Thomas Payne piece. Here's to many more posts for you!

Thanks. Hoping next spring to actually have some weather to post about. Felt like I lived in San Diego this past spring.

Percho
09-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Excellent, for your 10,000th.

Mjoelner34
09-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Congrats! Now get back to work! Don't make me send the auditor to your area!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-08-2016, 10:49 AM
Post 10,000

Damn....I was expecting titties

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2016, 10:49 AM
Congrats! Now get back to work! Don't make me send the auditor to your area!

I'm leaving for offsite training in 10 minutes. Send them all down here. They can question the high school intern that will be sitting in here all they want.

I seen it dawg
09-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Awesome. Love your work.

preachermatt83
09-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Congrats. Good poster!!

reno hightower
09-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Nice!
Ive enjoyed reading your posts---keep'em coming

shoeless joe
09-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Nice...

Ida gone with Patrick Henry, "give me handoffs (to our good tailbacks), or give me death"

Of course Mullen has already gone with Nathan hale, "I only regret that I have but one football to give to undersized and out of position players"

FISHDAWG
09-08-2016, 12:53 PM
It's relatively new. Few weeks at most.

you must feel like bait ... the "34" just draws animosity from up North

msbulldog
09-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Truer word have never been spoken!
Congratulations Vegas!

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2016, 02:06 PM
you must feel like bait ... the "34" just draws animosity from up North

Anything I can do to get a jab in on those pricks I will do.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Damn, great minds think alike. After witnessing the massive melt down on the board, I looked through my bookshelf earlier this week to find something to quote to calm the board and I came across a compilation of Thomas Paine. I read the same section and thought about adapting it for ED but was too lazy. Thanks for the 21st century MSU update.

notsofarawaydawg
09-08-2016, 04:56 PM
http://www.ledger-dispatch.com/bin/amador-schools-receive-california-gold?tp=nws&id=10340

ScoobaDawg
09-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Damn you post a lot