PDA

View Full Version : Dak's opportunity

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2016, 11:47 PM
He's looking to become the first rookie QB for the Cowboys to start and win a season opener since 1969. The last one to do it? Some guy named Roger Staubach.

Dawg Tired
09-08-2016, 08:13 AM
I like his opportunity so much I'm starting him in my fantasy league. Mullen should take a note how to start the younger players.

preachermatt83
09-08-2016, 08:35 AM
I like his opportunity so much I'm starting him in my fantasy league. Mullen should take a note how to start the younger players.

Me too!

Duckdog
09-08-2016, 08:36 AM
He's living his dream, so awesome

Maroonthirteen
09-08-2016, 09:31 AM
I heard yesterday that he is the latest drafted QB to start the 1st game since 1977.

I am looking more forward to this game more than the State game, to be honest. However, I am a fan of America's team too.

parabrave
09-08-2016, 09:46 AM
He's looking to become the first rookie QB for the Cowboys to start and win a season opener since 1969. The last one to do it? Some guy named Roger Staubach.

Think ole Dandy Don was the boys QB that year. Roger didn't really play until the 71 season and Morton started that year and Roger took over mid season.

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Think ole Dandy Don was the boys QB that year. Roger didn't really play until the 71 season and Morton started that year and Roger took over mid season.

I'm really not sure. Going off the blurb ESPN put out.

parabrave
09-08-2016, 01:17 PM
I have been a cowboy fan sine 1966 and they have had 2 categories of QB, 1, The don Meredith, danny white mode, good qbs but couldn't win the big one ala romo and the Saint Roger mode, WINNERS ala Aikman. They have natural leadership and are driven to win even if they have to put the team on their shoulders to do it. Thy also bring out the best in the other players. Right now I would put Dak in the latter mode.

RocketDawg
09-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Stauback was also older by about 6 years, and presumably more mature. He served his time in the Navy after graduating from the Academy. One could also argue that the military time made in rusty in football (but if it did, he cleaned it up in a hurry).

DancingRabbit
09-08-2016, 01:47 PM
I sure hope the OL plays up to their rep, and the running game gets on track early. It's very rare for a rookie QB to start their first year and play well, much less a 4th rounder (even though he should have been taken earlier).

It would be awesome if he shows out, but please let him at least have a respectable performance.

He's been remarkably poised in pre-season and the lack of poise is what usually hurts rookies, so I'm optimistic that he will at least be OK.