09-07-2016, 08:28 PM
It won't be at MSU...

was21
09-07-2016, 08:29 PM
good..somebody else can have him at any rate

lamont
09-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Random Poster said this also.

I promise you 100% that LSU has already made contact. I'd be shocked if Auburn hasnt also. I will be shocked if he isnt an SEC coach by Jan

Commercecomet24
09-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Is Jerry Sandusky gonna be his defensive coordinator? Dang is there no standards at all anymore. Smh

msstate7
09-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Random Poster said this also.

I promise you 100% that LSU has already made contact. I'd be shocked if Auburn hasnt also. I will be shocked if he isnt an SEC coach by Jan

If lsu goes for briles over jimbo and Herman, they're nuts

Op4isabitch
09-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Clay Travis is saying that Baylor paid Briles all of his owed money and there was no evidence directly linking him to the wrong doings, I found that pretty interesting.

lamont
09-07-2016, 08:51 PM

Jimbo isnt leaving Fla State

Herman has been contacted also. Its Herman or Briles at LSU next year. And Briles is an awesome coach- saying their nuts is stupid. Briles is a great coach.

And no- there are no standards anymore. Its a money and prestige driven multi-million dollar industry now.

msstate7
09-07-2016, 08:53 PM

Herman has been contacted also. Its Herman or Briles at LSU next year. And Briles is an awesome coach- saying their nuts is stupid. Briles is a great coach.

And no- there are no standards anymore. Its a money and prestige driven multi-million dollar industry now.

I doubt jimbo would leave either; but if I'm lsu, I make him say no before going to anyone else.

ckDOG
09-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Clay Travis is saying that Baylor paid Briles all of his owed money and there was no evidence directly linking him to the wrong doings, I found that pretty interesting.

Sounds like hush money.

Herman to LSU. Briles to AU.

Really Clark?
09-07-2016, 09:04 PM
https://www.baylor.edu/rtsv/doc.php/266596.pdf

Start reading in page 10 about what the football staff and coaches did and did not do in the external investigation findings. I see a lot of mentions about the football staff and coaches and leaders trying to control, hide, discredit, and even help transfer violators to other schools without disclosing the offenses. Including criminal offenses. How the program fostered a belief that they were above the rules. Maybe somebody will pull the trigger on him but they didn't fire him as an innocent with no knowledge and got caught up in a scandal.

Dawg61
09-07-2016, 09:09 PM

We going to be left holding our nuts in the middle of Normandy. We have no choice we have to act before they do or we'll quickly be Croom football again.

I seen it dawg
09-07-2016, 09:11 PM
No coincidence Briles apology rolls out today. It's the beginning and the first step to 2017 employment.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2016, 09:13 PM
https://www.baylor.edu/rtsv/doc.php/266596.pdf

Start reading in page 10 about what the football staff and coaches did and did not do in the external investigation findings. I see a lot of mentions about the football staff and coaches and leaders trying to control, hide, discredit, and even help transfer violators to other schools without disclosing the offenses. Including criminal offenses. How the program fostered a belief that they were above the rules. Maybe somebody will pull the trigger on him but they didn't fire him as an innocent with no knowledge and got caught up in a scandal.

Exactly! He's complicit and he cover stuff up. Not the first time Baylor athletics been involved in some pretty bad stuff.

msstate7
09-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Petrino didn't go straight back to the sec or even P5 and I think we was a much better coach than briles. Will briles have to rehab like Petrino before getting a big job?

BeardoMSU
09-07-2016, 09:17 PM
We going to be left holding our nuts in the middle of Normandy. We have no choice we have to act before they do or we'll quickly be Croom football again.

Even if we were coming off our 2014 season, if we were going up against LSU and Aub for a coach, we'd still be 3rd on in the pecking order. It is what it is.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2016, 09:23 PM

Well Briles will fit right in at lsu. Just another criminal.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Even if we were coming off our 2014 season, if we were going up against LSU and Aub for a coach, we'd still be 3rd on in the pecking order. It is what it is.

Yep.

Dawg61
09-07-2016, 09:25 PM

Yup totally agree that's why we beat them to the punch. It's not a choice. They've forced our hand.

lamont
09-07-2016, 09:34 PM
Petrino didn't go straight back to the sec or even P5 and I think we was a much better coach than briles. Will briles have to rehab like Petrino before getting a big job?

What has Petrino accomplished that Briles hasnt?

BeardoMSU
09-07-2016, 09:40 PM

Up until the motorcycle "incident", Petrino had Arky as one of the top teams in the country....and he did it without recruiting at an elite level. He's a football genius. A piece of shit, yeah, but a damn good football coach.

ETA: top teams in the SEC....which is an important qualifier.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2016, 09:46 PM
I love college football but dang it's becoming scummier than it's ever been.

msstate7
09-07-2016, 09:47 PM

HC record...
Petrino -- 101-39 (72.1 win %)
Briles -- 99-65 (60.4%)

Losing seasons...
Petrino -- 1
Briles -- 3

Bowl record...
Petrino -- 5-4
Briles -- 3-6

Petrino is also 5 years younger. 55 vs 60

Petrino got an nfl job

GTHOM
09-07-2016, 09:50 PM
If we fire Mullen and make no attempt to get Briles and sit and watch while LSU and Auburn get big time guys it will be back to the dark ages. Basketball will be the biggest sport on campus. We've gotta do something in my opinion if Dan doesnt fix this

BeardoMSU
09-07-2016, 09:52 PM
HC record...
Briles -- 99-65 (60.4%)

Losing seasons...
Petrino -- 1
Briles -- 3

Bowl record...
Petrino -- 5-4
Briles -- 3-6

Petrino got an nfl job

Also, all Petrino did was diddle a grad student/cheat on his wife.....deplorable? Yes. Unforgivable? No.

Engine
09-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Sounds like hush money.

Malzahn to MSU with Keytaon Thompson coming to town.

msstate7
09-07-2016, 09:53 PM
HC record...
Briles -- 99-65 (60.4%)

Losing seasons...
Petrino -- 1
Briles -- 3

Bowl record...
Petrino -- 5-4
Briles -- 3-6

Petrino got an nfl job

Oh and if Petrino had keep his pants zipped, he'd be absolutely smoking briles in every category. Petrino was trending up big time at Arkansas

BeardoMSU
09-07-2016, 09:58 PM
Oh and if Petrino had keep his pants zipped, he'd be absolutely smoking briles in every category. Petrino was trending up big time at Arkansas

And as unpopular as it would be hiring Petrino, its worth distinguishing between what he and Briles are accused of.

Petrino banged a grad assistant (Never ever been done before, I know****).

Briles...."allegedly"...enabled sexual assaults within his football program. Is it true? I don't know yet...but the evidence doesn't look good.

msstate7
09-07-2016, 10:01 PM
In fact, if lsu doesn't care about character issues, Petrino would be a better hire than briles. Petrino would absolutely kill it at lsu where they recruit great players just by being lsu

Really Clark?
09-07-2016, 10:07 PM
If we fire Mullen and make no attempt to get Briles and sit and watch while LSU and Auburn get big time guys it will be back to the dark ages. Basketball will be the biggest sport on campus. We've gotta do something in my opinion if Dan doesnt fix this

If that is the only two choices, bring on the dark ages. NO amount of winning is worth hiring him. He should have a show cause at a minimum for what he allowed and let fester in that program.

basedog
09-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Well Briles will fit right in at lsu. Just another criminal.

Hmmm, Lsu has never hired a baggage Coach. No way I think they hire him nor do my Lsu buddies.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2016, 10:11 PM
If that is the only two choices, bring on the dark ages. NO amount of winning is worth hiring him. He should have a show cause at a minimum for what he allowed and let fester in that program.

This!!!

HoopsDawg
09-07-2016, 10:13 PM
In fact, if lsu doesn't care about character issues, Petrino would be a better hire than briles. Petrino would absolutely kill it at lsu where they recruit great players just by being lsu

That's a good point. Petrino would kill it at LSU.

msstate7
09-07-2016, 10:16 PM
That's a good point. Petrino would kill it at LSU.

He'd get him a 5* qb and with the wr's that state produces... Good luck stopping that

Commercecomet24
09-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Can we move to the east*****

djaymsu5
09-07-2016, 10:53 PM
Here's a question. Why don't we go after Petrino?

Apoplectic
09-07-2016, 11:06 PM
I believe aTm is hoping for an opening to hire Herman - a disappointing 7-5 season is an opening.

Leroy Jenkins
09-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Here's a question. Why don't we go after Petrino?

Check his salary.

Leroy Jenkins
09-07-2016, 11:19 PM

Peterson called Briles personally and warned him about one of the transfers. Briles still took him.

Google "Peterson Briles". What us the 1st thing that comes up?

Turfdawg67
09-07-2016, 11:21 PM

Look, I can't give you any more reputation... will you stop making sense all the time!!

Turfdawg67
09-07-2016, 11:26 PM

Anyone who is close to college football these days... Really close... says stay a casual fan because what goes on will make you sick. I believe them.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2016, 11:29 PM
Anyone who is close to college football these days... Really close... says stay a casual fan because what goes on will make you sick. I believe them.

You're right and it's sad.

Turfdawg67
09-07-2016, 11:31 PM
Up until the motorcycle "incident", Petrino had Arky as one of the top teams in the country....and he did it without recruiting at an elite level. He's a football genius. A piece of shit, yeah, but a damn good football coach.

ETA: top teams in the SEC....which is an important qualifier.

Boom! Briles could be just another Freeze... win cause they gave you carte blanche. That doesn't necessarily make you a great coach.

Dawg61
09-08-2016, 02:52 AM
Man y'all are going way overboard on Petrino. His best year there was his last year. He was better at L'Ville than at Arkansas.

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2016, 05:29 AM

Like the FSU band was singing Monday night - "Hey, It Must be the Money."

Op4isabitch
09-08-2016, 06:55 AM
And as unpopular as it would be hiring Petrino, its worth distinguishing between what he and Briles are accused of.

Petrino banged a grad assistant (Never ever been done before, I know****).

Briles...."allegedly"...enabled sexual assaults within his football program. Is it true? I don't know yet...but the evidence doesn't look good.

The BIG problem with Petrino is that he's not on the market nor will he be on the market.

msstate7
09-08-2016, 07:06 AM
The BIG problem with Petrino is that he's not on the market nor will he be on the market.

For us, I agree. For a school like lsu, I'm not so sure

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2016, 07:18 AM

It really does and I am sure I don't know 2% of what is going on. But when you see fans of Penn State petitioning and demanding to have the statue of Joe Paterno put back on campus after it was shown he knew and was silent in what Sandusky was doing, that shows you more people value football over real life. I can't remember the player's name but he was a RB for Ohio State several years ago. He was suspended or kicked off the team for never attending class. I remember seeing OSU fans interviewed and the overwhelming sentiment was that he was brought in to play football and not go to class. This is just two of what I am sure are 1,000's of examples of where people let their fandom overpower their decency as human beings. The first example showed that some PSU fans were more concerned about winning football games than children getting raped on their campus. The second showed that some OSU fans didn't care about that player at all as a human being and what was best for him. All they wanted him to do was play football. If he blew out his knee and had nothing to fall back on for a career was of no importance to them.

I love MSU football and I want it to achieve the highest levels of success. But the day I realize I have started putting football over stuff that is really important is the day I will have to force myself to step away and take a long hard look at myself.

Dawgfan77
09-08-2016, 07:26 AM
Give me Jeff Brohm. Coached under petrino at WKU. Has them rolling. They are the class of the Sunbelt. They play bama this weekend.

msstate7
09-08-2016, 07:26 AM
It really does and I am sure I don't know 2% of what is going on. But when you see fans of Penn State petitioning and demanding to have the statue of Joe Paterno put back on campus after it was shown he knew and was silent in what Sandusky was doing, that shows you more people value football over real life. I can't remember the player's name but he was a RB for Ohio State several years ago. He was suspended or kicked off the team for never attending class. I remember seeing OSU fans interviewed and the overwhelming sentiment was that he was brought in to play football and not go to class. This is just two of what I am sure are 1,000's of examples of where people let their fandom overpower their decency as human beings. The first example showed that some PSU fans were more concerned about winning football games than children getting raped on their campus. The second showed that some OSU fans didn't care about that player at all as a human being and what was best for him. All they wanted him to do was play football. If he blew out his knee and had nothing to fall back on for a career was of no importance to them.

I love MSU football and I want it to achieve the highest levels of success. But the day I realize I have started putting football over stuff that is really important is the day I will have to force myself to step away and take a long hard look at myself.

Maurice clarett

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2016, 07:29 AM
Maurice clarett

That's him.

msstate7
09-08-2016, 07:29 AM
Give me Jeff Brohm. Coached under petrino at WKU. Has them rolling. They are the class of the Sunbelt. They play bama this weekend.

Georgia southern and app state may have something to say about that

HSVDawg
09-08-2016, 07:39 AM
First off, Briles is a piece of human garbage that I'd rather not set foot anywhere near our program.

Secondly, some of yall need to get a grip. The Big 12 South is not the SEC West. Even if we hired Briles, his ceiling at MSU would maybe be slightly better than what Mullen has done. He is not going to do as good or better here compared to Baylor because the schedule is way tougher. There are plenty of good coaches out there if we decide to make a change. And at MSU we have enough recruiting disadvantages as it is. There is zero need to compound those issues by hiring someone that other coaches can use against us in the living rooms with the mamas on in-home visits.

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2016, 08:48 AM
We won't hire Briles. Y'all need to just forget this one. It won't ever happen.