PDA

View Full Version : What Will Be the Tipping Point for the Season?

ShotgunDawg
09-07-2016, 02:45 PM
It's Wednesday and I'm beginning to get positive again. I don't know if we will win 4 games this year or 8 games, but firmly believe that this thing will turn around and that turnaround will include a tipping point.

- In 2013, the tipping was the Texas A&M game where we lost but figured out our sophomore QB was hellacious. His injury in that game delayed the results, but we knew that day we were getting good.

- For the 2016 baseball team, following an awful 2015 season, the tipping point was the weekend series against Oregon and Vanderbilt. Guys stepped up and we were back.

So my question is, when does the tipping point happen this year and who will be the cause of it?

DudyDawg
09-07-2016, 02:50 PM
When the youth movement begins (IF*).

Taog Redloh
09-07-2016, 02:51 PM
Well, first we have to beat South Carolina. If we don't, the tipping point for disaster will be UMass on the road. Lose that and it's H-bomb time.

As far as turning the season around, assuming we beat South Carolina and UMass, I would imagine it will be the Auburn game at home. I think it will come a lot earlier than 2013, if it comes at all. Certain pundits with good stats had us winning 7-8 games, and there is a reason for that.

I could also see us slinking through Auburn, BYU, Kentucky and Samford and then maybe getting it rolling again vs. Texas A&M.

drunkernhelldawg
09-07-2016, 02:56 PM
I think we look sluggish and confused on offense. I think the tipping point can be that the coaches come up with a scheme that works with our players and that they fully understand.

Beaver
09-07-2016, 02:58 PM
For me it's gotta be the BYU game. Assuming we lose the 3 SEC games and beat UMass, the BYU game will be the 'fight or flight' game. If we win, there is still a reasonable shot at a bowl game with @Kentucky, Samford, and Arkansas. The 6th win would have to be an upset against A&M or @OM.

If we lose, then KY probably beats us, and our only other win may be Samford...

Taog Redloh
09-07-2016, 03:20 PM
For me it's gotta be the BYU game. Assuming we lose the 3 SEC games and beat UMass, the BYU game will be the 'fight or flight' game. If we win, there is still a reasonable shot at a bowl game with @Kentucky, Samford, and Arkansas. The 6th win would have to be an upset against A&M or @OM.

If we lose, then KY probably beats us, and our only other win may be Samford...

It's really scary to think about how bad it can get, and how quickly it can get that way.

Mjoelner34
09-07-2016, 03:36 PM
The tipping point for me will come Saturday regardless of the score. Hard play on the field and smart decisions on the sideline will convince me to stay on board. If we don't see it Saturday, it may be gone for good under the current leadership.
https://kenhoma.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/image_thumb1.png?w=446&h=548

Homedawg
09-07-2016, 03:38 PM
I have no idea how we get to 6 much less 8. 4 at this point would be an accomplishment

SaintDawg
09-07-2016, 03:40 PM
It's eye-opening what two fun seasons with an electrifying QB will do to a fan base. We got the taste for it now. We've seen what our team and school is capable of and none of us want things to go back to the way they used to be. Anything less than what we have experienced since '14 is unacceptable. Mullen may not care, but the school and administration had better pay attention. They will lose millions if they don't. I think the tipping point was the missed field goal last Saturday. My 2 cents.

Taog Redloh
09-07-2016, 03:47 PM
I have no idea how we get to 6 much less 8. 4 at this point would be an accomplishment

Hard not to see the parallels to 2010 Nuttball. I think they finished 4-8 and also pulled out some wins they weren't supposed to. So yeah I agree.

HSVDawg
09-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Hard not to see the parallels to 2010 Nuttball. I think they finished 4-8 and also pulled out some wins they weren't supposed to. So yeah I agree.

They beat a bad Kentucky team at home (barely) and beat 3 nomconference patsies. I don't think they beat anyone they weren't supposed to.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-07-2016, 04:35 PM
I hope it's the Auburn game and that's where we establish out running game. If we could run against that front, I'd feel a lot better about the O-Line and run game going forward to take the pressure off these QB's.

Taog Redloh
09-07-2016, 04:38 PM
They beat a bad Kentucky team at home (barely) and beat 3 nomconference patsies. I don't think they beat anyone they weren't supposed to.

Kentucky and Fresno were decent teams, had went to bowls for a few years. Either way, who the f*ck cares? That wasn't even close to the point of the post. Typical nit-pick of random detail by HSVDawg.

HancockCountyDog
09-07-2016, 04:42 PM
It's Wednesday and I'm beginning to get positive again. I don't know if we will win 4 games this year or 8 games, but firmly believe that this thing will turn around and that turnaround will include a tipping point.

- In 2013, the tipping was the Texas A&M game where we lost but figured out our sophomore QB was hellacious. His injury in that game delayed the results, but we knew that day we were getting good.

- For the 2016 baseball team, following an awful 2015 season, the tipping point was the weekend series against Oregon and Vanderbilt. Guys stepped up and we were back.

So my question is, when does the tipping point happen this year and who will be the cause of it?

IT will be Saturday. If we win, the team still has something to play for, if we don't, we then go to LSU 0-2 and they will destroy us with their talent, despite their idiot head coach.

If we lose Saturday you can put the board on viewing mode only, because not much will be worth posting about until about 30 minutes after the egg bowl.

Personally I think we win, it shouldn't be close. SC is a train wreck.

the59dawg
09-07-2016, 04:52 PM
IT will be Saturday. If we win, the team still has something to play for, if we don't, we then go to LSU 0-2 and they will destroy us with their talent, despite their idiot head coach.

If we lose Saturday you can put the board on viewing mode only, because not much will be worth posting about until about 30 minutes after the egg bowl.

Personally I think we win, it shouldn't be close. SC is a train wreck.

Don't believe we can win w/ Williams at QB. Just have to have a deep passing game and he is not it. TE down the middle is very important.

Tbonewannabe
09-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Hopefully the tipping point is Saturday when Dan gets the team to start smashing bitches in the mouth power football. Sirmon gets full control of the defense and we blitz like Joe Lee Dunn.

Tbonewannabe
09-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Don't believe we can win w/ Williams at QB. Just have to have a deep passing game and he is not it. TE down the middle is very important.

Damian actually ran the ball better than I expected, if he can do that against a good defense then he might be serviceable. Our defense would need to step up if Damian is QB.