PDA

View Full Version : The latest on Chris Jones

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2016, 12:07 PM
DL Chris Jones: Jones forced his way into regular-season playing time with strong play at training camp and in the preseason. He won't be a starter, but an indication of what the Chiefs think of him came in the final preseason game against Green Bay. Instead of giving their top draft pick some work to help him develop his skills, the Chiefs sat him out of the game along with their starters so as not to risk him to injury. Jones could get some snaps in the base defense, as well as in passing situations. He's particularly excelled as a pass-rusher.

RougeDawg
09-07-2016, 12:22 PM
But it took him 2-3 years to start for us. Prime example. Need not say another word.

MarketingBully
09-07-2016, 12:35 PM
That had more to do with David Turner then Mullen.

DownwardDawg
09-07-2016, 12:43 PM
That had more to do with David Turner then Mullen.

There is a trend here. Turner has come and gone. Mullen is still here and things stay the same.

preachermatt83
09-07-2016, 12:43 PM
But it took him 2-3 years to start for us. Prime example. Need not say another word.

This

MetEdDawg
09-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Let's see what Spencer or Simmons look like in 3 years once they are in the NFL and compare that to the amount of time they played here. Both of those are NFL talents but it's going to take them at least until next year to break the two deep because that's how Mullen works.

Spencer was listed on the two deep last week but if I remember correctly he didn't play a snap. That trend will probably continue because that's how Mullen does it.

WinningIsRelentless
09-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Simmons will play Saturday. Chris Jones had only played football 2 years when he stepped on campus and he still hadn't fully committed to playing dt till last year. His first two years he still argued with turner that he should be playing de.

msbulldog
09-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Let's see what Spencer or Simmons look like in 3 years once they are in the NFL and compare that to the amount of time they played here. Both of those are NFL talents but it's going to take them at least until next year to break the two deep because that's how Mullen works.

Spencer was listed on the two deep last week but if I remember correctly he didn't play a snap. That trend will probably continue because that's how Mullen does it.

Spencer didn't play a snap because he was suspended for this game for BS this summer.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2016, 12:56 PM

Spencer played.

msstate7
09-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Spencer played.

Glad you back, buddy

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Glad you back, buddy

Always take a few days off from msg boards after a loss. Terrible loss so took an extra day or 2.

msstate7
09-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Always take a few days off from msg boards after a loss. Terrible loss so took an extra day or 2.

I think that's a rule more of us here should follow... Myself included

MetEdDawg
09-07-2016, 01:04 PM
Spencer played.

I must have missed him. I don't remember seeing him but I didn't have a chance to go back and rewatch the game.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2016, 01:05 PM

This is where some people go to vent. I can see the same thing said only so many times so I just started not going on the boards for a few days to let people get their frustration & anger out.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2016, 01:05 PM
I must have missed him. I don't remember seeing him but I didn't have a chance to go back and rewatch the game.

Yea he played on special teams & also a couple defensive series.

Tbonewannabe
09-07-2016, 01:09 PM

Yes, a lot can be said when the blood is boiling. I think a lot of people are worried that USA is more of a sign that the end is coming rather than Dan just didn't have the team ready to play. Most people watched the slow death under Jackie and the small hope Croom gave us in 2007 only to bring it back to reality in 2008. I don't think anyone wants to go through that again and people are a little edgy especially when Dan doesn't seem to accept any blame and is saying he wouldn't change anything from the game. Hopefully he is saying something different to the players and coaches.

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Yes, a lot can be said when the blood is boiling. I think a lot of people are worried that USA is more of a sign that the end is coming rather than Dan just didn't have the team ready to play. Most people watched the slow death under Jackie and the small hope Croom gave us in 2007 only to bring it back to reality in 2008. I don't think anyone wants to go through that again and people are a little edgy especially when Dan doesn't seem to accept any blame and is saying he wouldn't change anything from the game. Hopefully he is saying something different to the players and coaches.

He's back posting again. Ask him.

DownwardDawg
09-07-2016, 01:45 PM

I decided this year to not participate in game threads. Then after that loss I decided I would take Saturday and mostly Sunday off of the board completely. It was good for me.

Liverpooldawg
09-07-2016, 02:07 PM

Chris was extremely raw coming out of high school. I realize that it's the fashion here to twist everything into a negative here at the moment but good grief. It's getting old. Well done Chris!

fishwater99
09-07-2016, 02:21 PM

Will we see Fitz Saturday and will A. Williams get meaningful carries. I also hope to see Dear get 5+ touches.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-07-2016, 02:28 PM

+1,000

TaleofTwoDogs
09-07-2016, 02:29 PM
He's back posting again. Ask him.

Wait, I was going to ask that.

msudawglb
09-07-2016, 02:38 PM
This

Seriously, guys....come on. I remember Chris taking many plays off in his early years. Maybe that was why he didn't start. And maybe the correction in his work ethic was developed by Mullen/Turner.

Good grief...some of you can see the bad in all things.

Liverpooldawg
09-07-2016, 02:55 PM
+1,000

Word is he apologized to the team and said it was his fault.

MSUDawg99
09-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Spencer didn't play a snap because he was suspended for this game for BS this summer.

You're confused with Simmons

MSUDawg99
09-07-2016, 03:03 PM

Per the Boneyard today - Mullen IS saying something diff to the players & coaches. Apparently according to Deion Calhoun he told the players in practice Sun. or Mon. that he took full responsibility for not getting them game ready. But Calhoun & a couple of others who had missed assignments weren't ready for him to take the fall for their mistakes. Calhoun took this game very hard on himself & he saw the fans reactions on Twitter & it really upset him. He understands though & is ready to right the wrong. I've gone through emotional swings from this loss but the podcast did at least make me feel a little bit better about where the coaches & players heads are at. We'll see come Sat.

MSUDawg99
09-07-2016, 03:05 PM
I decided this year to not participate in game threads. Then after that loss I decided I would take Saturday and mostly Sunday off of the board completely. It was good for me.

Was certainly good for me as well. Then I made the mistake of getting back on yesterday & I've regretted it ever since. Ha.