PDA

View Full Version : What's really sad

dawgday166
09-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Is I believe if we were to check, Croom probably recruited as many or more offensive players that made the league (and stuck for a little while) in 4 years than Mullen has in 7 years.

msstate7
09-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Favorability for croom is higher than Mullen here it seems. Jeez

I_Spy
09-07-2016, 11:53 AM
My memories of croom was ...20 pts offensively would be a godsend.

we just gotta give the defense some time.
What is football?
Driving down field to score game winning field goal? Typical, so yes, it's football.
Giving up 14 pts in the 4th quarter? Typical for the loser in football. Those things will improve.

What is football? Going into the big game like Chad Jelly, the best QB in the nation, so they say, just to lose the game for your team. Interceptions, fumbles...miscues and rattleness

It's ok everybody.

I laughed til I cried about Jelly but I understand our problems.

I_Spy
09-07-2016, 12:09 PM
Then you will tell me well at least Ole Miss is playing top games and I understand your point but how bad would they be if they weren't with the players they have ...it simply matters in success or fail

I could have thrown the ball better than Jelly in 4th quarter of that game. To beat ole miss is to mess up their timing whether you Florida or Florida state bc they so used to doing it in a quick way. Then the errors come.
We just screwed around and didn't win the USA game. I think we can improve tho.

I was saying all night jelly was wanting to throw about 6 or 7 interceptions that night.

I_Spy
09-07-2016, 12:27 PM
What is football? If you score off turnovers and pressure/rattle and that's your intent, you will receive more turnovers and win football. So, we have to learn how to win while we improve in the various ways.

Whether you are top 10 or unranked, you know what must be done.

Taog Redloh
09-07-2016, 12:32 PM
They see you trollin', you hatin'......

Mods, do work. All is takes is a cursory look at his posting history and a little discernment skills.

MarketingBully
09-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Is I believe if we were to check, Croom probably recruited as many or more offensive players that made the league (and stuck for a little while) in 4 years than Mullen has in 7 years.

This is just assinine.

preachermatt83
09-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Actually croom was a solid recruiter... He was just an awful coach.

DownwardDawg
09-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Actually croom was a solid recruiter... He was just an awful coach.

Huh??????? Horrible recruiter and even worse coach. Nice man though. I enjoyed talking with him and he was great talking with kids.

GTHOM
09-07-2016, 12:50 PM
They see you trollin', you hatin'......

Mods, do work. All is takes is a cursory look at his posting history and a little discernment skills.

I couldnt understand a single bit of what he was saying Im glad you could

dawgday166
09-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Sherrod, Gabe Jackson, Anthony Dixon. On Mullen's side: Dak, Malcolm Johnson, Vic Ballard. These are just the ones I can think of. It's very close I think.

jumbo
09-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Obvious troll is obvious. But...for shits and giggles (and off the top of my head)

Croom: Gabe Jackson, Anthony Dixon, Justin Jenkins, Derek Sherrod

Mullen: Dak, Malcom Johnson, Ballard, Clausell, JRob, Dillon Day

msstate7
09-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Obvious troll is obvious. But...for shits and giggles (and off the top of my head)

Croom: Gabe Jackson, Anthony Dixon, Justin Jenkins, Derek Sherrod

Mullen: Dak, Malcom Johnson, Ballard, Clausell, JRob,

3 of croom's played under Mullen. Would they have made the nfl under just croom? Perhaps, perhaps not

dawgday166
09-07-2016, 12:58 PM
JRob hasn't "stuck" for any length of time. And remember this is 4 yrs vs 7.

jumbo
09-07-2016, 01:01 PM
JRob hasn't "stuck" for any length of time. And remember this is 4 yrs vs 7.

ok, if we are going to play that game then you have to take AD and Sherrod off of Croom's list.

dawgday166
09-07-2016, 01:04 PM
ok, if we are going to play that game then you have to take AD and Sherrod off of Croom's list.

Both have been on the official roster of a team, traveled with them, etc. for at least 1 year I believe (and I think more than that). I don't believe JRob made even a year did he?

jumbo
09-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Both have been on the official roster of a team, traveled with them, etc. for at least 1 year I believe (and I think more than that). I don't believe JRob made even a year did he?

Pretty sure he was on the colts roster all year and was cut this offseason

msstate7
09-07-2016, 01:07 PM
So, I guess we would be better off with croom? Is this the point of the thread?

dawgday166
09-07-2016, 01:10 PM
No. The point is that Mullen & Co hasn't put forth the same effort as even Croom did (IMO) in recruiting. Have you ever taken time to look at our "Targets" list every year. It's pretty short compared to other teams. And almost never do they shoot for a 5 star player. Maybe that will change with the newer staff (Sirmon, TBuck, & Co.).

ETA: The other point is that the Oline & RB recruiting has been pretty poor overall. WRs are ok, but we still haven't had a receiver that could separate well down the field (Ross maybe a little). QB - struck gold with Dak.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Seems like Croom was the reason we got most of the good players from the 09 class

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Seems like Croom was the reason we got most of the good players from the 09 class

He got the ball rolling but Dan got

Chris White
Leon Berry
Chad Bumphis
Dennis Thames
Ladarius Perkins (flip from Auburn)
Brandon Heavens (flip from Auburn)
Ricco Sanders
Darius Slay

& a few more. Dan closed that class really well.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-07-2016, 01:38 PM

Chris White
Leon Berry
Chad Bumphis
Dennis Thames
Ricco Sanders
Darius Slay

A couple of those are not like the others LOL but I get what you're saying

Commercecomet24
09-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Favorability for croom is higher than Mullen here it seems. Jeez

There's blood in the water so people are losing perspective. What happened Saturday is on Dan and is unacceptable but it doesn't change the good he's done for our program.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2016, 01:44 PM

Chris White
Leon Berry
Chad Bumphis
Dennis Thames
Ricco Sanders
Darius Slay

Yeah let's not revise history. Dan has brought a lot of talent here as witnessed by the amount of impact players that are now in the NFL probably more than ever in our history.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2016, 01:49 PM
A couple of those are not like the others LOL but I get what you're saying

True but most of those guys were considered big recruiting wins at the time.

confucius say
09-07-2016, 02:46 PM
Then you will tell me well at least Ole Miss is playing top games and I understand your point but how bad would they be if they weren't with the players they have ...it simply matters in success or fail

I could have thrown the ball better than Jelly in 4th quarter of that game. To beat ole miss is to mess up their timing whether you Florida or Florida state bc they so used to doing it in a quick way. Then the errors come.
We just screwed around and didn't win the USA game. I think we can improve tho.

I was saying all night jelly was wanting to throw about 6 or 7 interceptions that night.

Swami? That you? Are for to being posting under other names now?

I_Spy
09-07-2016, 03:06 PM
What's really sad is the entire SEC sux.

Whether you ole miss, state, etc ...final grade 'piss poor TRY AGAIN

And you guys just on state.

dawg27
09-07-2016, 03:18 PM
My memories of croom was ...20 pts offensively would be a godsend.

we just gotta give the defense some time.
What is football?
Driving down field to score game winning field goal? Typical, so yes, it's football.
Giving up 14 pts in the 4th quarter? Typical for the loser in football. Those things will improve.

What is football? Going into the big game like Chad Jelly, the best QB in the nation, so they say, just to lose the game for your team. Interceptions, fumbles...miscues and rattleness

It's ok everybody.

I laughed til I cried about Jelly but I understand our problems.
We only scored two tds sat only two. We should have scored two per quarter.

I_Spy
09-07-2016, 03:25 PM
When has Damian ever done that?

How do you get the we 'should'

I have never seen Damian score 2 TDs a quarter...
So I don't understand that expectation. I have seen Nick put up points like that.

dawgday166
09-07-2016, 03:31 PM
What's really sad is the entire SEC sux.

Whether you ole miss, state, etc ...final grade 'piss poor TRY AGAIN

And you guys just on state.

There's one that doesn't.

I_Spy
09-07-2016, 03:36 PM
This is the difference, if you tell me Damian is playing I think in the realm of 13 pts offense, so Damian played fairly well. I don't think Damian should have scored 40, that wouldn't occur to my brain. Now, Nick I thought could or would do something as well, it may add together to be about 40. I'm just saying...I haven't seen it dawg!