PDA

View Full Version : It all ends Saturday

GTHOM
09-06-2016, 06:06 PM
I posted this in another thread but just wanted to reiterate, the Mullen debate can end for a while or at least till the next bad loss Saturday, or it can spell the end for him. If we win and look like we know we are capable of on Saturday then Dan deserves credit for righting the ship now before it sinks. If he loses he's probably gone at the end of the year. Just my thoughts

Taog Redloh
09-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Either way it's going to be entertaining. Either we win and move on, or we lose and you just have to laugh, because like you said, it's over. I can't see any way we even hit 3 wins if we lose to these guys. Can we fire him at that point? I don't know. I suppose so if we are 2-10 and Ole Miss ravages us.

Now, watch us come and beat them 42-14 or something.

Gutter Cobreh
09-06-2016, 06:31 PM
50% chance someone wins the South Carolina game...

shoeless joe
09-06-2016, 06:38 PM

100% chance someone wins...50% chance it's us

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-06-2016, 10:47 PM
We will win 40-9

msstate7
09-06-2016, 11:00 PM
We will win 40-9

Pretty optimistic...

I'll be happy with a 8-14 point win. I'll be thrilled if a qb steps up and our defense starts to take form

Todd4State
09-06-2016, 11:08 PM
Either way it's going to be entertaining. Either we win and move on, or we lose and you just have to laugh, because like you said, it's over. I can't see any way we even hit 3 wins if we lose to these guys. Can we fire him at that point? I don't know. I suppose so if we are 2-10 and Ole Miss ravages us.

Now, watch us come and beat them 42-14 or something.

I'm not for firing Dan if he loses Saturday. It just doesn't do any good from our standpoint I don't believe. The most qualified guy to be an interim coach that is even on our staff in some capacity IMO would be Rockey Felker. I wouldn't want to put him through the misery of a 2-10 season. That's just cruel.

Plus we get rid of Dan we of course get rid of our OC too.

GTHOM
09-06-2016, 11:09 PM
I'm not for firing Dan if he loses Saturday. It just doesn't do any good from our standpoint I don't believe. The most qualified guy to be an interim coach that is even on our staff in some capacity IMO would be Rockey Felker. I wouldn't want to put him through the misery of a 2-10 season. That's just cruel.

Plus we get rid of Dan we of course get rid of our OC too.

Im not saying fire him on monday I'm saying he's gone the monday after the egg bowl

Todd4State
09-06-2016, 11:13 PM
Im not saying fire him on monday I'm saying he's gone the monday after the egg bowl

I'm in agreement with that should 2-10, 3-9, etc. happen. That would be a lot better perception wise for MSU. Remember we fired Croom one year removed from the Liberty Bowl season for going 4-8 and I don't remember any real backlash from anyone. Which actually surprised me at the time.

Todd4State
09-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Pretty optimistic...

I'll be happy with a 8-14 point win. I'll be thrilled if a qb steps up and our defense starts to take form

I'm going into the game with curiosity more than expectations. Can we turn it around? Will Dan change? based on today's press conference I would say that is unlikely. I'll be happy if we win. I won't be surprised if we lose.

I_Spy
09-06-2016, 11:27 PM
We all know Nick F can play better because we've seen him, like last year. He even played a full game. The D should improve throughout the year and graves will be fine as he made the hard ones. Have faith. Maybe Nick and Damian were sick, the flu perhaps.

fader2103
09-07-2016, 12:55 AM

yep

djaymsu5
09-07-2016, 07:02 AM
If Dan plays the best players we should win. That's what's sad. Also if he lets the defensive coaches do their damn job and get his nose off of that side of the ball.

Dawgface
09-07-2016, 07:22 AM

50% chance someone loses.

Saltydog
09-07-2016, 08:05 AM
removed from a no. 1 ranking for a SEC program that's historically been horrible......He's not getting fired folks...........

Duckdog
09-07-2016, 08:10 AM
removed from a no. 1 ranking for a SEC program that's historically been horrible......He's not getting fired folks...........

If this is the case and we have a two win season this year it will be 5 6 years before we can right the ship

Op4isabitch
09-07-2016, 08:14 AM

I hope Dan gets it turned around but if he goes 2 - 10 or 9 - 3 he needs to be gone after the season, no if ands or buts.

If he stays Stricklin needs to lay down the law and make sure that Dan understands he's losing a large portion of the fan base with his arrogant curt responses to questions and an attitude that has begun to appear apathetic.

In addition, he needs to be told that we need improved performance at certain coaching positions. If that means removing himself from defensive game planning and replacing certain offensive position coaches, then so be it.

SallyStansbury
09-07-2016, 08:24 AM

100% someone will win
100% someone will lose
32% that we win

SC 24 MSU 23 heart breaker.

I would load up on SC and the points, but I am not a gambling person.

If this happens things get ugly, and I mean ugly beyond how nasty the MSU boards have been this week.

Saltydog
09-07-2016, 11:38 AM
that's something Dan can always control.....Our assistants are some of the lower paid in the league.......You get what you pay for.........

msstate7
09-07-2016, 11:43 AM
There was a lot of folks calling for Cohen's head after he finished dead last in sec (Mullen has never done that). Our AD didn't fire Cohen though and it paid off big time last season with an sec championship. Now I'm not saying Mullen will do that, but it's easier to win at miss state in baseball than football. Sometimes it's best to be sure before making a move. If Mullen finishes 4-8, his seat should be scalding hot, but I'd give him next season

maroonmania
09-07-2016, 11:53 AM
I'm in agreement with that should 2-10, 3-9, etc. happen. That would be a lot better perception wise for MSU. Remember we fired Croom one year removed from the Liberty Bowl season for going 4-8 and I don't remember any real backlash from anyone. Which actually surprised me at the time.

I don't give a flying flip about backlash at this point. Its just like the Jeffrey Simmons situation. I'm not saying it would have made a difference but I would have much rather gotten backlash had Simmons played last Saturday and we won than endure the embarrassment right now of losing to a mid-level Sun Belt team. People will remember our program much longer for this loss than what happened with the Jeffrey Simmons suspension. Guess I could say the same thing for the Nick James and Malik Dear situation except for those 2 cases they happened under Mullen's watch so that required more in house discipline.

TrapGame
09-07-2016, 11:53 AM
If the rumors are true about Dan apologizing to the team and really working them hard we should see a different team show up Saturday.

maroonmania
09-07-2016, 11:56 AM

He won't get fired if he has the support of the administration but all bets are off if he is crossways with them like has been implied and then he goes out there and produces a 2-3 win team.

mparkerfd20
09-07-2016, 12:11 PM
If the rumors are true about Dan apologizing to the team and really working them hard we should see a different team show up Saturday.

First I've heard of this. Any more details? Or was it something like, "I'm sorry you can't execute what I told you to do. Now give me 15 laps around the field." I'm just saying I find it hard to believe. I don't think Dan is capable of owning up to his mistakes.

ElitedawgRecruiting
09-07-2016, 12:12 PM
It's not the administration he has an issue with or has an issue with him. It's those guys. You know those guys that everybody knows and are "in the know" that just aren't anymore and don't have the influence they used to have. Dan will get one more year unless we lose out. That my personal opinion. After that all bets are off

TrapGame
09-07-2016, 12:13 PM
First I've heard of this. Any more details? Or was it something like, "I'm sorry you can't execute what I told you to do. Now give me 15 laps around the field." I'm just saying I find it hard to believe. I don't think Dan is capable of owning up to his mistakes.

In a thread from last night.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2016, 12:17 PM
I'm waiting to see what happens Saturday night. What I'm really wondering is if we somehow blow out usce and look good doing it what this board will have to say about it. It's gonna be entertaining either way.

GTHOM
09-07-2016, 12:38 PM

Yeah right

Political Hack
09-07-2016, 12:50 PM
We just lost to South Alabama. If we win by 1 I'll be pleased.

It's a must win for him. For sure.

Gutter Cobreh
09-07-2016, 02:51 PM

Touche