PDA

View Full Version : How Strick needs to handle Mullen RE: Hevesey

blacklistedbully
09-06-2016, 05:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdCNcN-NFXA

WinningIsRelentless
09-06-2016, 06:06 PM
No what strick needs to do is give Dan all the resources he ask for and keep the cigar boys out of the program. If he succeeds great if not cut bait with him. At least that way it doesn't get around the coaching circle that we tamper with what the coached tries to do and that negatively affects our ability to get a great new coach.

I don't think anyone on this board or in the admin has ever been a D1 football coach much less at a power 5 school.

Leroy Jenkins
09-06-2016, 06:14 PM
No what strick needs to do is give Dan all the resources he ask for and keep the cigar boys out of the program. If he succeeds great if not cut bait with him. At least that way it doesn't get around the coaching circle that we tamper with what the coached tries to do and that negatively affects our ability to get a great new coach.

I don't think anyone on this board or in the admin has ever been a D1 football coach much less at a power 5 school.

Is that you, Dan? Everyone has a boss.

WinningIsRelentless
09-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Most people have a boss who has done the job they are doing. Strick hasn't sniffed a down of college football as a player or a damn coach.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Hopefully was Dan at work on Sunday

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/3484553/moneyball-table-flip-o.gif

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2016, 06:22 PM

I agree with this 100%. Owners own, coaches coach, boosters boost, ADs AD, & people do their jobs. When someone is not doing their job, then you fire them & find someone else.

When the lines of organizational hierarchy become blurred, the organization is doomed because no one can be held accountable. In order for organizations to run efficiently & at maximum capacity, it needs to be clear what everyone's job is

blacklistedbully
09-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Think of the AD as a GM. Some GM's decide who the coaches are, or at least who some of the coaches are. Some GM's let the HC decide all on his own.

It would not be unheard of in the sports world for a GM to make such a choice. Dan does not pay Hev...MSU does. If MSU decides to no longer pay Hev (buyout if necessary), then it is up to Dan if he wants to stay or go.

Don't think it happens in college football? Look no further than our friends up north. O did not want to hire Freeze. Nutt wanted Saunders. But in both cases, the AD made the ultimate decision.

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2016, 06:37 PM

Yes