PDA

View Full Version : CDM press conference

youraveragesavage
09-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Mullen is here. Says that first conference game often dictates how your conference season goes, "big game."

Mullen: We had a good practice yesterday, guys got after it.

Mullen on if he'd use the quarterbacks differently: I don't know that I would use them differently.

Mullen on OL: I thought overall we played well, said they did have some critical errors at key moments.

Mullen says he plans to use Smitherman and Peters the same as last week. Neither played a defensive snap, so that's an interesting answer.

Mullen: I think our effort and execution dropped in the second half, our mental toughness.

youraveragesavage
09-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Mullen: We're going to take what teams give us. Says he noticed they played off in coverage, can't throw deep on that.

youraveragesavage
09-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Dear listed as backup at slot this week. Nick James and Jeff Simmons not on the 2 deep.

Katdoc12
09-06-2016, 02:19 PM
So as expected, he sees nothing wrong with his game prep or management. :mad:

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Mullen: We're going to take what teams give us. Says he noticed they played off in coverage, can't throw deep on that.

Can't throw deep when your QB loses all sense of accuracy past 10 yards either.

Sounds like the same old BS so far based on your posted quotes.

msstate7
09-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Dear listed as backup at slot this week. Nick James and Jeff Simmons not on the 2 deep.

Wasn't dear listed as backup last week?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
So, nothing new...go figure

starkvegasdawg

If this is accurate then I don't know what to say. 1-11 here we come.

TNDawg35
09-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Someone also asked him about any suspensions this wk and he said he would let the players and media know Saturday...

youraveragesavage
09-06-2016, 02:22 PM
PA-THETIC!!!

youraveragesavage
09-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Absolutely no accountability for a sec west coach losing to a bad south Alabama team. Nothing is on him it seems.

Beaver
09-06-2016, 02:27 PM

OM's corners play off in coverage too, and a QB in his first game ever put up over 400 yards. Sorry Dan, that's not a good enough answer.

msstate7
09-06-2016, 02:30 PM
If this is accurate then I don't know what to say. 1-11 here we come.

Almost positive that's the same depth chart as last week. I'd be shocked if Simmons and James don't play

DanDority
09-06-2016, 02:38 PM
Mullen: We're going to take what teams give us.

Didn't USA give us a bunch of backup DL? If so why couldn't we RTGDFB?

blacklistedbully
09-06-2016, 02:52 PM
I am more and more convinced Dan wants to be fired so he can collect a paycheck, move to his summer home in Ga, and entertain other offers as a coach who can be got at a discount due to MSU footing part of the bill.

He'd be free to actively pursue other opportunities 24/7.

JoseBrown
09-06-2016, 02:58 PM
On the yards per attempt passing:

"We're going to take what teams give us. On film they were playing off the ball so he wasn't going to go down field as often."

Went downfield 3 times I think that landed between everyone on the field. Once they started playing on the ball, they shut us down. I guess it doesn't matter what they do on the field...they gave us plenty rushing yards, we should've taken more with the bigger backs on our roster.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-06-2016, 02:59 PM
He is a F-in smart ass whose give-a-damns busted. It's written all over his face.

TrapGame
09-06-2016, 03:02 PM
I am more and more convinced Dan wants to be fired so he can collect a paycheck, move to his summer home in Ga, and entertain other offers as a coach who can be got at a discount due to MSU footing part of the bill.

He'd be free to actively pursue other opportunities 24/7.

It's gotta be something. You can tell he gives zero shits right now. ZERO.

I seen it dawg
09-06-2016, 03:03 PM
**** this cocksucking piece of shit muther****ing thief. He and his cronies are stealing money from us. Dan get ****ing out of here. Quit you ****.

RougeDawg
09-06-2016, 03:04 PM
Strick is in the same boat as Dan if he doesn't force some changes. I say the hell with both of them. Strick' slack of balls is the main reason for our "Toes in the sand" Mullen of late. He let Dan run him early and often. Now Strick is simply a puppet in the AD position.

And for those who say there's no way we'd fire someone one year removed from 9 wins, just look at Cheesedick and Auburn. They canned his as two years removed from a natty.

Jack Lambert
09-06-2016, 03:08 PM
OM's corners play off in coverage too, and a QB in his first game ever put up over 400 yards. Sorry Dan, that's not a good enough answer.

It would have been more if the O-Line of FSU wasn't moving so much in the first half.

dawgday166
09-06-2016, 03:08 PM
Can't throw deep when your QB loses all sense of accuracy past 10 yards either.

Sounds like the same old BS so far based on your posted quotes.

Same ole, sole ole, SMH.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-06-2016, 03:11 PM
Exactly!! They need to grow some balls and show our fans that we are serious about winning at football like these other schools have no problem doing. This passive shit need to go!

ILOATHEBears
09-06-2016, 03:20 PM
He is a F-in smart ass whose give-a-damns busted. It's written all over his face.

Download the bulldog sports radio app and listen to this sh!t show. He said he didn't plan on changing much of the game plan at all for this weekend. Said he would like to give other guys touches but said there was only one football. NO 17ing joke. He said that. So that's why we can't get other rbs in the game cause there is only one ball so touches are limited. He has no fire. It's ah this ah that. He doesn't give a 17

It_Could_Happen
09-06-2016, 03:31 PM
I'm so sick of the smart ass one sentence answers.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-06-2016, 03:33 PM
LOL I just found this in my junk email folder...from Dan Mullen and the Bulldog Club:

I’ve been counting the days, and it’s finally here. The first Bulldog game of the season.

Our Bulldogs are ready to run into Davis Wade Stadium and play South Alabama with unbelievable determination and relentless effort, giving their very best at every turn.

And we need you with us, in the stands on game day and as a part of the Bulldog Club.

You’ll help our Bulldogs compete with the best of the SEC. But more importantly, you’ll help us train them to think and act beyond the field. Bulldog student-athletes change their team, community, and university. They change the way we look at the game and how we define success.

So let me extend a personal invitation to you today.

Together, we are Relentless!

I seen it dawg
09-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Oh I responded to the one I got so the bulldog club has a record of it. I wasn't nice.

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2016, 03:53 PM
LOL I just found this in my junk email folder...from Dan Mullen and the Bulldog Club:

I’ve been counting the days, and it’s finally here. The first Bulldog game of the season.

Our Bulldogs are ready to run into Davis Wade Stadium and play South Alabama with unbelievable determination and relentless effort, giving their very best at every turn.

And we need you with us, in the stands on game day and as a part of the Bulldog Club.

You’ll help our Bulldogs compete with the best of the SEC. But more importantly, you’ll help us train them to think and act beyond the field. Bulldog student-athletes change their team, community, and university. They change the way we look at the game and how we define success.

I got one from Cohen this morning. I grunted at it before deleting it.

Mjoelner34
09-06-2016, 03:56 PM
I got one from Cohen this morning. I grunted at it before deleting it.

I got one from Cohen this morning too asking me to join the Bulldog Club. LOL They're about 10 years behind the times with that email.

bulldawg989
09-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Oh I responded to the one I got so the bulldog club has a record of it. I wasn't nice.

i forwarded mine to Stricklin and told him to shove it up his ass.

Op4isabitch
09-06-2016, 04:02 PM
I blame Stricklin for allowing Dan to be so apathetic, the Ninja wouldn't have put up with this shit show for long I promise you that much.

Mullen has the arrogance of Saban with the ability of Miles. It's not a pleasant combo.

aromatherapy
09-06-2016, 04:05 PM
Nice answer on how Peters and Smitherman will be used...something must be up there.."we'll see how they practice"

aromatherapy
09-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Mullen has better answers when asked about other teams players

msstate7
09-06-2016, 04:09 PM
I blame Stricklin for allowing Dan to be so apathetic, the Ninja wouldn't have put up with this shit show for long I promise you that much.

Mullen has the arrogance of Saban with the ability of Miles. It's not a pleasant combo.

Rich rod was 7-6 (3-6 in pac 12). Arizona lost home opener Saturday. Do you think Byrne will fire rich rod today or tomorrow?

rbdog82
09-06-2016, 04:15 PM

Mullen is coming off 19 wins in two years. Again, I think something has to be done because there's an obvious disconnect with Dan and the fan base / admin / cigar boys, but it's not like Stricklin has let CDM get away with 3 5-7 seasons in a row.

t45fixer
09-06-2016, 04:27 PM
I want him 17ing gone like yesterday!

Really Clark?
09-06-2016, 04:31 PM

Byrne tweeted and rejoiced when 7-6 Rich Rod decided to turn down So Car after he interviewed and all but accepted that job. An interview that was reported on before and after taking place. It wasn't just some speculation.

Jarius
09-06-2016, 05:17 PM
I honestly think he is just giving coach speak answers. I don't think he is stupid enough to believe what he said today. If he doesn't decide to go run heavy option style 2010 Mullen ball we are going to go 2-10. I think we will at least see a different offense next week. It may not work but I believe it will be different. If it isn't then he won't be here next year because 2-10 will get him fired and that's what we are going if he continues to run the same offense.

HancockCountyDog
09-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Rumor I'm hearing on Peters is that he is frustrated about being moved around. He thought he was getting drafted after next year. This is supposed to be his money year and he isn't getting reps.

GreenheadDawg
09-06-2016, 05:51 PM

Haha I responded to it. I also responded to the one Strickland sent.

GreenheadDawg
09-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Rumor I'm hearing on Peters is that he is frustrated about being moved around. He thought he was getting drafted after next year. This is supposed to be his money year and he isn't getting reps.

I would be frustrated too. I don't blame him. The ship is sinking and Mullen is tying weights on it. You think Big time recruits aren't noticing all these young guys playing and starting for other schools while our fine coach lets them stand on the side line.

Op4isabitch
09-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Mullen is coming off 19 wins in two years. Again, I think something has to be done because there's an obvious disconnect with Dan and the fan base / admin / cigar boys, but it's not like Stricklin has let CDM get away with 3 5-7 seasons in a row.

I was referring to the apathy that Dan has displayed, if you allow it to manifest it will poison the entire program.
I believe Greg would have already nipped that behavior in the bud.

Reunion Dog
09-06-2016, 06:07 PM
the male cheerleader from jackson prep IS A JOKE!

Dawgfan77
09-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Rich rod was 7-6 (3-6 in pac 12). Arizona lost home opener Saturday. Do you think Byrne will fire rich rod today or tomorrow?

With all do respect So Alabama and BYU are not the same. BUT we play BYU so we may see a reaction after that game

Todd4State
09-06-2016, 06:47 PM
I honestly think he is just giving coach speak answers. I don't think he is stupid enough to believe what he said today. If he doesn't decide to go run heavy option style 2010 Mullen ball we are going to go 2-10. I think we will at least see a different offense next week. It may not work but I believe it will be different. If it isn't then he won't be here next year because 2-10 will get him fired and that's what we are going if he continues to run the same offense.

I actually will believe the more run heavy offense when I see it.

No one should have been surprised by Dan's press conference today. Why is he going to suddenly change now?

If he does change on Saturday I'll give him full credit but I have my doubts about that happening.

Todd4State
09-06-2016, 06:52 PM

Byrne is a Rich Rod fan boy. He's the one guy that Byrne is going to give a longer leash to. In fact if Byrne were still our AD, I'm pretty sure RichRod would be our coach right now or at the very least very soon. Byrne likes his offense.

Op4isabitch
09-06-2016, 07:33 PM
Byrne is a Rich Rod fan boy. He's the one guy that Byrne is going to give a longer leash to. In fact if Byrne were still our AD, I'm pretty sure RichRod would be our coach right now or at the very least very soon. Byrne likes his offense.

I'd give my left nutt to have the Ninja baxk in Starkville, Rich Rod would likely do OK here too.

Jarius
09-06-2016, 08:40 PM

I'm sure he is upset. I couldn't imagine being a can't miss prospect with offers from every school in the country and not even getting a chance to play because Kivon 17'ing Coman is ahead of me on the depth chart my second year in the program. Meanwhile, I turn on the tv and about 10 of the schools I turned down to come to MSU are playing guys my age or Younger with better results.

anubus
09-06-2016, 09:29 PM
I'm so sick of the smart ass one sentence answers.

no other program would tolerate this a-hole.I increased my monthly donations to the bulldog club because I care even though I have no influence but if we lose Saturday this jerk needs to jog the f outta here.

Katdoc12
09-06-2016, 10:41 PM
I honestly think he is just giving coach speak answers. I don't think he is stupid enough to believe what he said today.

The more Im seeing from players & practice, the more Im thinking (hoping) this may be the case. I saw where players said he apologized to them for not having them prepared & all the coaches were pushing them more. He really needs to be showing it publicly, but we'll see the call this week which one is the real CDM. Also, sounds like some of the older players are stepping up. Maybe this disaster was what they all needed to light the fire. If the ship gets righted, Ill be happy.