PDA

View Full Version : Was Dear suspended Saturday?

Jack Lambert
09-06-2016, 01:28 PM
I don't remember seeing him. I have not watched the game on TV yet. It was so damn hot I am sure I missed on something. Who all do we get back this saturdday?

Leroy Jenkins
09-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Yes. "violation of team rules"

Jack Lambert
09-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Yes. "violation of team rules"

Do we get him, James and Simmons back this week?

basedog
09-06-2016, 01:39 PM

Yes

Btw Jack, heard from reliable person, one of our Qb's was drunk at the District area Saturday night wondering around by himself cause nobody likes his arrogant self. I have questioned rumors about lack of leadership and lack of support from this player but apparently it has legs. Hey students gonna be students with the partying but when things are bad for you or the team, it's better to be low keyed.

confucius say
09-06-2016, 01:40 PM

Supposedly. That should be two starting dl (although I'm sure we won't start Simmons over dale) and an impact guy on offense who should carry the ball several times (though I'm sure he won't have more than 1 rush).

Dental Dawg33
09-06-2016, 01:43 PM
Interesting.....:confused:

MafiaDawg
09-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Is it just me or is Dear suspended a lot? Sometimes kids are stupid and then they become stupid adults. Dude needs to grow up.

Tbonewannabe
09-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Yes

Btw Jack, heard from reliable person, one of our Qb's was drunk at the District area Saturday night wondering around by himself cause nobody likes his arrogant self. I have questioned rumors about lack of leadership and lack of support from this player but apparently it has legs. Hey students gonna be students with the partying but when things are bad for you or the team, it's better to be low keyed.

Reminds me of the movie Draft Day with Kevin Costner. I hope it isn't true but in the movie they are looking at drafting a franchise QB and Costner (Browns GM) finds out the QB had a birthday bash but none of his teammates went. I hope this isn't the case but Saban pretty much wants a leader at QB before anything else is even considered.

jumbo
09-06-2016, 01:46 PM

Official word from Mullen is "we'll let everyone know Saturday if there are any suspensions"

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Yes

Damn base, if true...
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

fishwater99
09-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Yes

Fitz...

basedog
09-06-2016, 01:51 PM
Source came from someone who was partying at the district.

This is the second time I've been told from reliable friends he is a someone misfit on the team and no leader at all. Very arrogant. I would think the staff knows this.

Dallas_Dawg
09-06-2016, 01:57 PM
Let's ride with Tiano then.
How in the holy ****ing hell did we let Staley go?
He couldn't be worse
This whole season has got cluster**** written all over it

I like how last year at this time, the "narrative" was "Fitz is the leader like Dak. Everyone looks up to him. He's got the "IT" factor.
His passing is far beyond Dak's at the same point in their careers"

Now we hear that he has no friends and is arrogant?
And can't play a lick?

Something is not adding up

basedog
09-06-2016, 02:02 PM
Has talent but he doesn't have the "it factor", it will all come out soon enough. Losing brings out the worse, it's kinda like the saying goes, "I like a woman who goes to church on Sunday and does the wild thing on Monday".

Gutter Cobreh
09-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Source came from someone who was partying at the district.

This is the second time I've been told from reliable friends he is a someone misfit on the team and no leader at all. Very arrogant. I would think the staff knows this.

Word on the street is that booze ain't the only problem the kid has....

gtowndawg
09-06-2016, 02:19 PM

Ok, well, I guess we get the point. Time to try out Tiano.

Prentis
09-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Supposedly. That should be two starting dl (although I'm sure we won't start Simmons over dale) and an impact guy on offense who should carry the ball several times (though I'm sure he won't have more than 1 rush).

We do people want Dear at running back so much, when we have capable backs on the team? I'm pretty sure that if giving the chance Gibson, Murphy, Lee, and Williams will do just as good if not better.

msstate7
09-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Fitz is the only party kid on a team of choir boys I suppose.

Dawgtini
09-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Yes

Don't really blame him and kind-of understand the self doubt he has to have after being embarrassed by his coach. Six snaps then he gets to take a knee and ride the pine while we lose to an inferior opponent. Probably drowning his sorrows wondering what his life would have been like if he hadn't spent the last 2+ years sweating under Mullen for that.

Dental Dawg33
09-06-2016, 02:42 PM

I have heard this as well

TNDawg35
09-06-2016, 02:45 PM
I have heard this as well

But see here is my thing with that. If he is really that way, and Im not questioning you guys, why even play him. Sit his ass on the bench and let Tiano take it to the house.... He has got to learn sometime. Why not let him see what he can do? Cant be no damn worse that Williams.

Mjoelner34
09-06-2016, 02:47 PM
.... I hope this isn't the case but Saban pretty much wants a leader at QB before anything else is even considered.

I think that is what put Dak on our radar and got him his offer. It wasn't his performance at camp, it was his leadership at camp with the other recruits.

Jack Lambert
09-06-2016, 03:02 PM
But see here is my thing with that. If he is really that way, and Im not questioning you guys, why even play him. Sit his ass on the bench and let Tiano take it to the house.... He has got to learn sometime. Why not let him see what he can do? Cant be no damn worse that Williams.

I agree but I am looking at it as a fan and not a coach making 4 million a year. Every decision is big and when it comes to the QB it is really big.

MadDawg
09-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Yes

This can't be true. I've heard our problems are because our coach doesn't care and he wore shorts Saturday.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-06-2016, 03:08 PM
This can't be true. I've heard our problems are because our coach doesn't care and he wore shorts Saturday.

Could it not be a combo of both? If Fitz can't get his shit together off the field, then it's on the coach to make a move one way or the other.

MadDawg
09-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Let's ride with Tiano then.
How in the holy ****ing hell did we let Staley go?
He couldn't be worse
This whole season has got cluster**** written all over it

I like how last year at this time, the "narrative" was "Fitz is the leader like Dak. Everyone looks up to him. He's got the "IT" factor.
His passing is far beyond Dak's at the same point in their careers"

Now we hear that he has no friends and is arrogant?
And can't play a lick?

Something is not adding up

Maybe Dak was his only friend on the team. Didn't they room together or something?

MadDawg
09-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Could it not be a combo of both? If Fitz can't get his shit together off the field, then it's on the coach to make a move one way or the other.

I think he made a move. And everyone is going ape-shit crazy over it because it wasn't the move they wanted.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-06-2016, 03:13 PM
I think he made a move. And everyone is going ape-shit crazy over it because it wasn't the move they wanted.

Did he not start?

Gomez09
09-06-2016, 03:21 PM
IF Staley was truly the odd man out and the fourth stringer.. he had to be aweful.. What I cant get my head around is the fact that neither of the younger two qbs could separate from DAM WIlliams....

MSUDawg99
09-06-2016, 03:30 PM

Won't know about any updates on suspensions until Sat., per Dan in presser today, though I would think Simmons is a go. Not sure about James.

MSUDawg99
09-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Maybe Dak was his only friend on the team. Didn't they room together or something?

No. Dak roomed with Damian Williams.

maroonmania
09-06-2016, 03:40 PM
I agree but I am looking at it as a fan and not a coach making 4 million a year. Every decision is big and when it comes to the QB it is really big.

Exactly, and that is why whatever issues Fitz has is still a Mullen problem. We were the ONLY power 5 school to give Fitz a scholarship offer. IF we were going to do that we should have at least done some checking on the leadership abilities of the guy. I mean did he have issues with his HS teammates?

Jack Lambert
09-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Exactly, and that is why whatever issues Fitz has is still a Mullen problem. We were the ONLY power 5 school to give Fitz a scholarship offer. IF we were going to do that we should have at least done some checking on the leadership abilities of the guy. I mean did he have issues with his HS teammates?

I don't know how much you can find out about a high school kid. I just keep having horrible memories about Derrick Taite and Eric Moulds . We were suppose to be good that year.

fishwater99
09-06-2016, 03:50 PM
IF Staley was truly the odd man out and the fourth stringer.. he had to be aweful.. What I cant get my head around is the fact that neither of the younger two qbs could separate from DAM WIlliams....

Or that our head Coach didn't bring in and groom Dak's successor at QB.

JoseBrown
09-06-2016, 04:30 PM
If the choir boys don't like the party animal, then the head coach shouldn't have been eating up so much practice on him the last two years. Since the head coach is letting the inmates run the asylum, he needs to go. And since head coach didn't deal with the problem when he found out about it, fire his ass. Since Dam.Williams it is, who couldn't beat USA while playing pretty good, who will we beat?

Really Clark?
09-06-2016, 05:20 PM
If the choir boys don't like the party animal, then the head coach shouldn't have been eating up so much practice on him the last two years. Since the head coach is letting the inmates run the asylum, he needs to go. And since head coach didn't deal with the problem when he found out about it, fire his ass. Since Dam.Williams it is, who couldn't beat USA while playing pretty good, who will we beat?

Wait what? How did we get to the inmates are running the asylum? That's has never ever been an issue with Mullen. Don't know where you are getting that?

msstate7
09-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Wait what? How did we get to the inmates are running the asylum? That's has never ever been an issue with Mullen. Don't know where you are getting that?
Everything is falling apart... Mullen just doesn't care and our players are running wild**

Mjoelner34
09-06-2016, 05:38 PM
Everything is falling apart... Mullen just doesn't care and our players are running wild**

This just in from WCBI:
https://media.giphy.com/media/wAywUE3yc5SRW/giphy.gif

vv83
09-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Yes

Not a rumor. Saw it in person

GTHOM
09-06-2016, 10:43 PM
Yes

I'm not calling you or anyone else a liar but you'd think in this day and age something like that would be on video somewhere. Knowing everyone is out in the district partying you know phones are out. We got lucky as hell if this is true and nobody put it on social media

defiantdog
09-07-2016, 01:04 AM
I'd be hammered drunk wandering around too if I was 21 and just lost to South Alabama. Y'all may be taking this too far. Fitz isn't Dak.

JoseBrown
09-07-2016, 04:14 AM

If the reason Fitz didn't play is because no one likes him, isn't that pretty much the players dictating who plays? I think if Dan didn't want to play him he wouldn't have wasted so much time on him. Basically I'm just saying Bullshit with the whole team won't play for him, but will for dam.williams. That's all.

JoseBrown
09-07-2016, 04:16 AM
I'd be hammered drunk wandering around too if I was 21 and just lost to South Alabama. Y'all may be taking this too far. Fitz isn't Dak.

This...

Duckdog
09-07-2016, 08:08 AM
If the reason Fitz didn't play is because no one likes him, isn't that pretty much the players dictating who plays? I think if Dan didn't want to play him he wouldn't have wasted so much time on him. Basically I'm just saying Bullshit with the whole team won't play for him, but will for dam.williams. That's all.

Yes it was obvious during the first two series. No blocking easy passes dropped etc. I still think the team hates fitz

DudyDawg
09-07-2016, 08:28 AM
I'm not calling you or anyone else a liar but you'd think in this day and age something like that would be on video somewhere. Knowing everyone is out in the district partying you know phones are out. We got lucky as hell if this is true and nobody put it on social media

What other student cares enough about the backup of a dumpster fire who lost to usa to take a picture of him out. I saw him too, he wasn't exactly wearing camo and sneaking around

HSVDawg
09-07-2016, 08:37 AM
What other student cares enough about the backup of a dumpster fire who lost to usa to take a picture of him out. I saw him too, he wasn't exactly wearing camo and sneaking around

I don't know, but my guess is that anyone who posted such a video on any of the major MSU message boards or social media would absolutely be eviscerated by the masses for stirring up a shit storm over a "kid being a kid".

DudyDawg
09-07-2016, 08:45 AM
I don't know, but my guess is that anyone who posted such a video on any of the major MSU message boards or social media would absolutely be eviscerated by the masses for stirring up a shit storm over a "kid being a kid".

I agree. Although I was mad he was out. I would've been too embarrassed.

Maroonthirteen
09-07-2016, 09:05 AM
I was down there for 20 years. Every QB, RB, OL, DL etc etc has partied, gotten drunk and do what 20 years olds do. I use to see the majority of the early 90s teams out drunk and being rowdy.

Then over the years......it is the same ole rumors....the team didn't like Jordan, Plump is better. Taite is better. (93). Taite doesn't like Moulds. Nobody likes Madkin........Fant is better...Henig is arrogant...... NObody on campus likes him...blah blah blah...fn blah. I feel bad Fitz. He should have went to MTSU. Much better place to go to college.

Cary Hudson's little bro
09-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Fitz got pulled bc he made 2-3 bad reads right away and then tried to run through 3 defenders. Not a smart move. He showed he panicked under the pressure to take over.

HSVDawg
09-07-2016, 10:02 AM
I was down there for 20 years. Every QB, RB, OL, DL etc etc has partied, gotten drunk and do what 20 years olds do. I use to see the majority of the early 90s teams out drunk and being rowdy.

Then over the years......it is the same ole rumors....the team didn't like Jordan, Plump is better. Taite is better. (93). Taite doesn't like Moulds. Nobody likes Madkin........Fant is better...Henig is arrogant...... NObody on campus likes him...blah blah blah...fn blah. I feel bad Fitz. He should have went to MTSU. Much better place to go to college.

Sone good points raised here. I started at MSU in 2002 and got to see first hand the tail end of the Sherrill era when things really started to spiral out of control. I can say that its way better to see guys going out after a bad game than the night before any game, which happened frequently back then.

Gutter Cobreh
09-07-2016, 10:18 AM

There is a common denominator between Williams and the majority of the team versus Fitz. It is rumored Fitz has issues with that similarity and thus the team doesn't care for him. If you can figure out the similarity then it will all make sense. If true, then I side with the majority of the team and it's time to move to option Tiano. He doesn't seem to have any issues with the similarities of others....

msstate7
09-07-2016, 10:24 AM
I agree. Although I was mad he was out. I would've been too embarrassed.

It really sucks that players don't let games ruin their college experience. I know when I didn't do well on an exam, I was too embarrassed to have any fun at all.

HSVDawg
09-07-2016, 10:31 AM
There is a common denominator between Williams and the majority of the team versus Fitz. It is rumored Fitz has issues with that similarity and thus the team doesn't care for him. If you can figure out the similarity then it will all make sense. If true, then I side with the majority of the team and it's time to move to option Tiano. He doesn't seem to have any issues with the similarities of others....

I may not have had enough coffee this morning, but I feel like I need a Harry Potter decoder ring to interpret this post.

DudyDawg
09-07-2016, 10:32 AM
It really sucks that players don't let games ruin their college experience. I know when I didn't do well on an exam, I was too embarrassed to have any fun at all.

Saturday was the school equivalent of a grad student failing intro to psych. And not going out 8 hours later, one night, would be difficult to ruin an entire college experience. I also doubt everyone at the bar felt let down by you're failing of a test. Good comparison tho

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2016, 10:36 AM

I can tell you right now Taite and Moulds did not get along. I heard from more than one source after Taite refused to throw to Moulds in the Peach Bowl and cost us that game the OL beat the holy hell out of Taite. There were even articles in the Reflector at the time encouraging Moulds to keep his head up because he would soon be in the NFL while Taite would be cooking fries at McDonalds. I remember watching games and seeing Moulds wide open waving his hand for the ball. Taite would see him and then look off and try to force the ball into double coverage or just throw it away. There was some serious bad blood there.

msstate7
09-07-2016, 10:44 AM
Saturday was the school equivalent of a grad student failing intro to psych. And not going out 8 hours later, one night, would be difficult to ruin an entire college experience. I also doubt everyone at the bar felt let down by you're failing of a test. Good comparison tho

Well since fitz is the only player that drinks and doesn't care, we can cut him and problem solved. Thank God the rest of the team is choir boys.

DudyDawg
09-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Well since fitz is the only player that drinks and doesn't care, we can cut him and problem solved. Thank God the rest of the team is choir boys.

Link to my post saying anything like any of that please

msstate7
09-07-2016, 11:06 AM
Link to my post saying anything like any of that please

Fitz was singled out for doing what probably 70-80% of college students do. You said you would be too embarrassed to go out, so obviously he doesn't care.

I'm sure I'm overreacting, but I don't think it's fair to call a kid out like this.

There was more ripping of SPD over James getting in trouble than James. Fitz got ripped more in this thread than James did for getting himself suspended

Maroonthirteen
09-07-2016, 11:13 AM
I can tell you right now Taite and Moulds did not get along. I heard from more than one source after Taite refused to throw to Moulds in the Peach Bowl and cost us that game the OL beat the holy hell out of Taite. There were even articles in the Reflector at the time encouraging Moulds to keep his head up because he would soon be in the NFL while Taite would be cooking fries at McDonalds. I remember watching games and seeing Moulds wide open waving his hand for the ball. Taite would see him and then look off and try to force the ball into double coverage or just throw it away. There was some serious bad blood there.

Multiple sources, eh? Probably some State rubes that heard all this down at Tibbee corner grocery.

Taite was the starting QB during Moulds 3 years. Moulds production increased every year of his eligibility.

Maybe they did have some differences, got side ways over a chick but that doesn't prove Taite purposely didn't throw to our best offensive player. I don't care what the reflector speculated.

Maroonthirteen
09-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Similar was rumored about Jordan/Plump when we started off 1993 with an ass kicking at the hands of Memphis.

HSVDawg
09-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Fitz was singled out for doing what probably 70-80% of college students do. You said you would be too embarrassed to go out, so obviously he doesn't care.

I'm sure I'm overreacting, but I don't think it's fair to call a kid out like this

He was quoted to be stumbling around drunk by himself in the Cotton District. For me, it's the "by himself" part that is more concerning than the "stumbling around drunk" part. That is what speaks to the issues of getting along with his teammates if he can't even find someone to go to the bar with him. I honestly don't think anyone cares whether or not he drinks. There could be some context missing (like he was headed to some nice young lady's apartment), but who knows.

fishwater99
09-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Multiple sources, eh? Probably some State rubes that heard all this down at Tibbee corner grocery.

Taite was the starting QB during Moulds 3 years. Moulds production increased every year of his eligibility.

Maybe they did have some differences, got side ways over a chick but that doesn't prove Taite purposely didn't throw to our best offensive player. I don't care what the reflector speculated.

I think it was about a girl..

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2016, 11:22 AM

I don't give a tin shit whether you believe me or not. I watched the games in person and saw it as did a lot of other people. The fact that it made the student paper showed it was egregious enough to even write about.

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2016, 11:23 AM
I think it was about a girl..

It was. Moulds was 17ing Taite's girlfriend like the fate of civilized society depended on it.

DudyDawg
09-07-2016, 11:25 AM

I'm sure I'm overreacting, but I don't think it's fair to call a kid out like this.

There was more ripping of SPD over James getting in trouble than James. Fitz got ripped more in this thread than James did and James did for getting himself suspended

There's more to it than I think you realize. It's not just one night making people say he doesn't care (I still don't think I've said that even). Although, like I said, I would've been too embarrassed to go out if I was anyone on the team. Not just if I was him

HSVDawg
09-07-2016, 11:28 AM

The conundrum with the Taite / Moulds feud is that Taite was so bad that you couldn't tell if he was avoiding Moulds accidentally or on purpose. You could make an argument that he had bad blood with all our receivers.

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2016, 11:48 AM
The conundrum with the Taite / Moulds feud is that Taite was so bad that you couldn't tell if he was avoiding Moulds accidentally or on purpose. You could make an argument that he had bad blood with all our receivers.
At the risk of being labeled a MSU rube at Tibbee grocery I had also heard was there was a very specific reason he saw the field and it wasn't due to his passing prowess.

Dawgtini
09-07-2016, 12:42 PM
There's more to it than I think you realize. It's not just one night making people say he doesn't care (I still don't think I've said that even). Although, like I said, I would've been too embarrassed to go out if I was anyone on the team. Not just if I was him

Why should he be embarrassed. He didn't get a chance to contribute to the debacle after the first 5 mins. He should be pissed that he was embarrassed publicly by his coach when he was sent in to take a knee and then left to ride the pine while the rest of the team crapped the bed.

GTHOM
09-07-2016, 12:43 PM

True but I was just saying. The post made it sound like he was all alone just drunk as hell wandering around. Thats what I got out of it. I dont care if he drinks I care how well he plays

DudyDawg
09-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Why should he be embarrassed. He didn't get a chance to contribute to the debacle after the first 5 mins. He should be pissed that he was embarrassed publicly by his coach when he was sent in to take a knee and then left to ride the pine while the rest of the team crapped the bed.

He should be embarrassed he couldn't win the job and got his chance (however short) and failed. And we lost to South alabama. I didn't play a snap and I'm embarrassed.

basedog
09-07-2016, 02:28 PM
True but I was just saying. The post made it sound like he was all alone just drunk as hell wandering around. Thats what I got out of it. I dont care if he drinks I care how well he plays

What the meaning of my post was he is a loner, like some have said drinking isn't unusual. Also I never said the players want play for him, I said that most don't care for him, big difference. Mullen has blistered him during spring practice for his arrogance, Mullen knows the kid has talent. Playing QB, one most have some leadership ability, it's not all about the rah rah stuff as one can lead by example, he hasn't done this.
Btw, I'm pulling for the kid, I'm hoping he wakes up and doesn't continue to waste his talent, I don't believe Williams is our answer, so if Fitz can't get it going I'm hoping to see Tianto soon to see if he is. We can't win w/o a decent Sec QB who can't make plays.

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Mullen has blistered him during spring practice for his arrogance.

Seems a little hypocritical of him.