PDA

View Full Version : Manziel Suspension...

engie
08-28-2013, 02:28 PM
First half of the Rice game... What a joke...

Fader21
08-28-2013, 02:29 PM
That means ole miss will get a slap on the wrist. Terrible by the ncaa

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Our compliance department sucks ASS! This is unreal.

What did Johnny do?

Political Hack
08-28-2013, 02:30 PM
lol. Y'all wonder why I drafted him in the college fantasy league. That's why.

$$$$$$$!!!!!

msstate7
08-28-2013, 02:31 PM
So this is NCAA suspension? Are we sure it isn't an aTm suspension?

engie
08-28-2013, 02:33 PM
It's an "agreed upon" suspension and "it closes the book on the matter" per the NCAA...

Yet they gave Will Redmond 18 games...

Rick Danko
08-28-2013, 02:33 PM
But ole miss will for sure get the death penalty... Un ****ing believable. I hate being a state fan sometimes, ***cough, cough, Redmond, cough***

Political Hack
08-28-2013, 02:35 PM
they are a politically motivated for profit organization that knows who they can run over and who they can't.

Dawgface
08-28-2013, 02:37 PM
So a 1/2 game suspension means the NCAA truly believes he took money. But he only misses half a game. What a joke.

smootness
08-28-2013, 02:38 PM
EL. OH. EL.

Does he have to pay anything back?

Hahahahaha...so they admit that he did it, and the proper punishment is half a game? What did Renardo Sidney do again? Shoot somebody point blank in the face?

And how does AJ Green like this? Good grief.

The moral of the story is, don't work with the NCAA...but at the same time, make sure they can't pin anything on you, either. If you work with them and admit it, you get hosed somewhat. If you don't work with them and they can't find anything, you're free. If you don't work with them and they find something, you're completely screwed.

ETA: Ok, so they're claiming he wasn't actually paid. Then why is he being suspended at all?! And why, if he's not being paid, did he suddenly decide to be a pal and sign tons of autographs for memorabilia dealers?

LOL, the NCAA is hilarious. Were this us, they would have dragged this one for 1.5 years to make sure they looked at every possible piece of information. Since it's Johnny Football, they figure they have to decide something quick, so if they can't find anything within a couple of weeks, he's good to go. But let's give him the lightest slap on the wrist ever....for no reason?

Political Hack
08-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Johnny - $10k allegations, 1 half
Will - $3k allegations, 36 halfs

FISHDAWG
08-28-2013, 02:40 PM
can we appeal the Redmond suspension ?

fire Bracky !!!

Fader21
08-28-2013, 02:40 PM
The NCAA said they don't believe he took any money.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2013, 02:41 PM
CHEAT!!! Everybody go CHEAT!!! This is what the NCAA is basically saying. What a joke

msstate7
08-28-2013, 02:42 PM
The NCAA said they don't believe he took any money.

Then why the suspension?

The Croom Diaries
08-28-2013, 02:44 PM
What did this take, TWO WEEKS to conclude the investigation? Man, Bracky is so awful. Put a cloud over us for a year and then have a top player lose 18 games. Unbelievable.

starkvegasdawg
08-28-2013, 02:47 PM
CHEAT!!! Everybody go CHEAT!!! This is what the NCAA is basically saying. What a joke

But they only mean for BCS bowl contending teams. If you aren't projected as a 10+ game winner then they can't wait to break one off in you.

BHildreth3
08-28-2013, 02:49 PM
That means ole miss will get a slap on the wrist. Terrible by the ncaa

I doubt that. They will find proof.

fishwater99
08-28-2013, 02:50 PM
FIRE BRETT BRACKY

Bubb Rubb
08-28-2013, 02:51 PM
So a 1/2 game suspension means the NCAA truly believes he took money. But he only misses half a game. What a joke.

For clarification, according to the press release, the NCAA believes that Manziel did not take money. Why the half game suspension? I don't know. But they believe no money was taken.

Bullmutt
08-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Posted this a day or two ago on another thread. Think it's still truth:

It is a "have- have not" situation. As well, Slive sees his role as protecting the SEC "franchise". Seeing a CB recruit from a lower rung school get a harsh sentence doesn't draw nearly as much negative attention to the conference as would having the "face" (individual-wise) of the SEC (Hell- the face of college fb) suspended for a full year. It ain't right. It ain't just. It just is what it is.

drunkernhelldawg
08-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Really makes me think of just totally quitting college football. Pro ball is higher quality anyway. This level of bullshit is hard to accept.

blacklistedbully
08-28-2013, 03:10 PM
It does seem like BS. If he didn't take money, on what basis do they suspend at all? That said, I'm guessing ours was more because it involved a booster and, to a limited extent, a coach. It was acknowledged that there was some money exchanged as well.

In hind sight, we quite possibly could have self-imposed less and had it accepted, but we'd still be subjected to the "repeat-offender" provision, the part that really stings the most.

Coach34
08-28-2013, 03:25 PM
And this is why I dont expect us to ever challenge for the SEC title- Jackie did it and they ran him out of football with a 2+ year investigation

The money out there now has only made things worse and the gap widen

FlabLoser
08-28-2013, 03:25 PM
bbrett@athletics.msstate.edu

@msucompliance

Bubb Rubb
08-28-2013, 03:27 PM
It does seem like BS. If he didn't take money, on what basis do they suspend at all? That said, I'm guessing ours was more because it involved a booster and, to a limited extent, a coach. It was acknowledged that there was some money exchanged as well.

In hind sight, we quite possibly could have self-imposed less and had it accepted, but we'd still be subjected to the "repeat-offender" provision, the part that really stings the most.

Which is why I'm less inclined to cry about this being unfair. We aren't children; we all know that Manziel took money. But at the end of the day, it's all about what can be proven. We knew from the beginning that the guy he was signing for wasn't cooperating with the NCAA. All Manziel had to do was deny, deny, deny, and there is really nothing the NCAA can do at that point. This is why Bracky has to go. Bending over for an institution that can only really slam you for stuff you give them in the first place is not a prudent way to protect your organization.

Cheating with the NCAA is essentially like cheating in NASCAR. If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying. Everyone lives in the loopholes. If a system is in place to cover things up and keep it all regulated, the NCAA is going to struggle to get anything they can enforce. That's why they are pretty much seen as a joke right now. It's why things are so inequitable. If they actually do get proof on something, they throw the hammer, like USC and Ohio State, two examples where the penalties were probably a little overly-harsh, or at Penn State, where they probably overreached to prove a moral point.

I said all of that to say this...I don't think it really matters who you are. You just had better have your ducks in a row. Ole Miss will still fry if they don't.

Coach34
08-28-2013, 03:27 PM
bbrett@athletics.msstate.edu

@msucompliance

Need to email Keenum- not Bracky

Bothrops
08-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Half a game?? How f-ing weak What a freaking joke!! I have nothing for that piece of shit organization. Talk about a bunch empty suits.

archdog
08-28-2013, 04:18 PM
So he gets a half game suspension for being an a$$ hole.

PMDawg
08-28-2013, 04:51 PM
I would advocate blatant in your face cheating for MSU if Bracky hadn't already put us on probation.

Freeze and co. were smart to get in while the action's good. If he would just drop the holy roller act I would actually respect the guy.

Todd4State
08-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Need to email Keenum- not Bracky

THIS.

All putting Bracky's e-mail on this site does is make me want to send an e-mail that I would probably regret later.

PMDawg
08-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Double post

Drugdog
08-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Dear Dr. Kennum,the natives are getting restless!!

archdog
08-28-2013, 07:20 PM
**This was just reported. Manziel says during his interview with the NCAA he walked in and started off by saying, "I am the best there ever was, I wake up in the morning and piss excellence. Also if you try to bring any suspension against me, I am going to bring the largest lawsuit against the NCAA for lost merchandise royalties, lost future professional proceeds, and sue you for pain and suffering because you guys are retarded." **

Look you guys created me, your welcome for all the money I made all of you last year. So just take your law school sissy ass out of this room and get off of my campus. Hook em.

archdog
08-28-2013, 07:20 PM
dude has balls.

Political Hack
08-28-2013, 07:31 PM
dude has balls.

something severely lacking in our current athletic department. I'm surprised CDM has been able to mesh with those in charge this long considering his general approach and swagger and how different it is from the "aw shucks" folks running the athletic department right now. It's like a damn episode of leave it to beaver over at the Bryan Building.