PDA

View Full Version : Listening to Luginbill on Out of bounds

cheewgumm
09-06-2016, 12:51 PM
State should never promote the fact that we are a "developmental" program. to me, it's idiotic to promote yourself this way. especially when Ole Miss is seen as a "power player" in the SEC.

How did that happen, and why are we agreeing with it?

We've basically put ourselves into the position of "Lil Ole State" who should be glad to win 8 when you get the chance, while Ole Miss sees themselves as a "player" and are treated that way. I realize the way to get there is cheating, but hopefully our admin wont agree with us as a "developmental" program.

Op4isabitch
09-06-2016, 01:08 PM
The perception in this case is not reality as it relates to OleMiss, especially in the not to distant future.

However having said that, OleMiss has done a great job of spreading their propaganda. Did any of you notice last night that Herbie and Fowler referee to Klan U as a POWERHOUSE program in the SEC?

I almost laughed at that but hey it's what's being sold and idiots are buying it.

blacklistedbully
09-06-2016, 01:28 PM
You talk up the track-record of "developing players" because it should show that your coaching is superior. It should cause a recruit, including elite ones, to consider whether his chances of getting to the NFL are better if he goes with a staff that has demonstrated an ability to get 2 & 3 stars drafted.

A 4 & 5 star looking at it logically should think. "If that school can put those dudes in the NFL...what could they do with me?".

The problem is:

1) A lot of those elite recruits are used to getting their asses kissed, and are more likely to fall for an OM approach
2) For those elite recruits, they have to be willing to turn down short-term money and/or the promise of championships, etc to go with a program like ours

If we could just get over-the-hump, like we almost did in 2014, and not get busted for cheating, we'd have a chance to make the, "developmental program" thing work.

cheewgumm
09-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Black- Agree but it requires too much thought by the recruit.

We are branding ourselves as a lesser program, in my opinion. If we want to go that route jut brand yourself as putting more people in the NFL.

I wouldn't accept that we are a "developmental program", because that separates us as a lesser program than other SEC programs.

I also think the reason it's done is to lower expectations from the fans. Basically in times like now the response is "Well, what do you expect? We are a developmental program so are gonna have down years. We should be satisfied and try harder next year."

If Ole Miss has down years it's "we need to fire the coach because we suck"