PDA

View Full Version : Art Briles

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 10:51 AM
This deserves its own thread. We have an upcoming problem here with this man. Do we get out in front of LSU or Auburn and hire him which will lead to us winning a bunchhhhh of football games with him or do we take the moral high ground and let LSU or Auburn skull**** us every year with Briles as their coach? (don't forget we are also getting raped by Bama, aTm and Old Misses every year too) If we lose to South Carolina I think we should fire Mullen and sign Briles immediately for $5 mill a year and have him coaching week 3. I'd rather dance with the devil and win big than get ass pounded by the devil every single season. Here comes the closet LSU fans aka C34 and ISID to let us know Briles has already had double secret handshakes with LSU and we can't hire him even if we want to.

TrapGame
09-06-2016, 10:59 AM
61, we ain't got balls that big. And that's the problem.

msstate7
09-06-2016, 11:04 AM
From an lsu standpoint, Briles should be behind jimbo and Herman

Tbonewannabe
09-06-2016, 11:05 AM
Depends, do you want someone as the face of your university that really should be in prison? Football games are entertainment just like going to the movies or watching TV. It has an impact on a lot of lives but I personally don't want someone that actively covered up rapes and also persecuted people trying to stop rapists. I feel the same about him, Paterno, and Butch Jones. Those men used their positions to negatively impact the human race.

As bad as I hate Beaver Freezus, what he is doing wrong isn't actually hurting people other than taking advantage of a teenage girl's stupidity.

confucius say
09-06-2016, 11:05 AM
Unless briles is going to Lsu to be hermans oc, he ain't going

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 11:06 AM

We did it before with Howland we can do it again. I don't feel sorry for Mullen one bit after he and his agent shopped his name around to anyone that would listen. I'm grateful for what Dan has brought us but he made his own bed with the job search whoring he did last year. I'll take Briles and some SEC Championships over moral high ground and ass beatdowns by every other SEC West school every year. We are at a critical decision making point for MSU football. The window of opportunity will close very quickly. Take the wins!

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2016, 11:08 AM
NO. Briles shouldn't ever be allowed to coach again. I do not want him at MSU.

gtowndawg
09-06-2016, 11:09 AM
As Nick Nolte said in Warrior: "The devil you know is better than the devil you don't."

edited: I agree the man should never coach anywhere again. But he will and I'm sure there's a good chance we will be on the opposite end of those yearly beatings.

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Depends, do you want someone as the face of your university that really should be in prison? Football games are entertainment just like going to the movies or watching TV. It has an impact on a lot of lives but I personally don't want someone that actively covered up rapes and also persecuted people trying to stop rapists. I feel the same about him, Paterno, and Butch Jones. Those men used their positions to negatively impact the human race.

As bad as I hate Beaver Freezus, what he is doing wrong isn't actually hurting people other than taking advantage of a teenage girl's stupidity.

But all that changes when you realize if you don't hire him LSU or Auburn will hire him and will be destroying you every year with him. Like I said before we need to hire a better shitbag than what Old Misses and Tennessee got. You can feel better about it by placing the blame on people like me and you can just enjoy a nationally prevelant football program every year.

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2016, 11:10 AM

We don't. And one reason we don't is because we get raked over the coals for things that other schools do and don't get a second glance. See Jeffery Sinmons. Most schools would have never sat him a game, but we get hammered for not kicking him off the team. If we hired a coach embroiled in a scandel to the level of what he is, we'd be labeled the antichrist of the NCAA.

Not saying we should or shouldn't. Just saying if we do we better get ready to pay the piper X10 compared to any other school.

mic
09-06-2016, 11:13 AM
We did it before with Howland we can do it again. I don't feel sorry for Mullen one bit after he and his agent shopped his name around to anyone that would listen. I'm grateful for what Dan has brought us but he made his own bed with the job search whoring he did last year. I'll take Briles and some SEC Championships over moral high ground and ass beatdowns by every other SEC West school every year. We are at a critical decision making point for MSU football. The window of opportunity will close very quickly. Take the wins!

Comparing what went down with Howland to what down with Briles isn't even in the same ball park..
Plus Briles is less than 6 months removed from his situation..
If everyone thought ESPN and the media hammered Mullen and MSU for the way We got hammered with the Simmons stuff this would be 10x worse..

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2016, 11:14 AM
But all that changes when you realize if you don't hire him LSU or Auburn will hire him and will be destroying you every year with him. Like I said before we need to hire a better shitbag than what Old Misses and Tennessee got. You can feel better about it by placing the blame on people like me and you can just enjoy a nationally prevelant football program every year.

No it doesn't. That man is a piece of garbage for what he did. We don't need him at MSU. He won't be hired at MSU so this is moot point. Y'all need to look elsewhere.

PMDawg
09-06-2016, 11:14 AM
I will not support MSU if they make that hire. Art Briles is scum, I would rather re-hire Crooms.

TrapGame
09-06-2016, 11:19 AM

Absolutely 100% agree!

maroonmania
09-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Comparing what went down with Howland to what down with Briles isn't even in the same ball park..
If everyone thought ESPN and the media hammered Mullen and MSU for the way We got hammered with the Simmons stuff this would be 10x worse..

Exactly, the only thing that went down with Howland that I know of is that he wore out his welcome at UCLA because he wasn't winning national championships.

TrapGame
09-06-2016, 11:22 AM
We don't. And one reason we don't is because we get raked over the coals for things that other schools do and don't get a second glance. See Jeffery Sinmons. Most schools would have never sat him a game, but we get hammered for not kicking him off the team. If we hired a coach embroiled in a scandel to the level of what he is, we'd be labeled the antichrist of the NCAA.

Not saying we should or shouldn't. Just saying if we do we better get ready to pay the piper X10 compared to any other school.

We don't have a PR department with balls either.

TimberBeast
09-06-2016, 11:23 AM
This deserves its own thread. We have an upcoming problem here with this man. Do we get out in front of LSU or Auburn and hire him which will lead to us winning a bunchhhhh of football games with him or do we take the moral high ground and let LSU or Auburn skull**** us every year with Briles as their coach? (don't forget we are also getting raped by Bama, aTm and Old Misses every year too) If we lose to South Carolina I think we should fire Mullen and sign Briles immediately for $5 mill a year and have him coaching week 3. I'd rather dance with the devil and win big than get ass pounded by the devil every single season. Here comes the closet LSU fans aka C34 and ISID to let us know Briles has already had double secret handshakes with LSU and we can't hire him even if we want to.

You don't even consider it. I would rather our team get beat by his team than to ever have that POS walking in our coaching offices.

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2016, 11:24 AM
I will not support MSU if they make that hire. Art Briles is scum, I would rather re-hire Crooms.

Same here.

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 11:26 AM

I'm willing to take the chance that you'll come back around right about the time we beat Bama and lock in our first SEC Championship appearance with Briles. You say you'll leave us but whatcha gonna do when your love for MSU and you are watching Briles destroy every accomplishment Dan achieved here? You'll be back.

Dawgface
09-06-2016, 11:29 AM
It's a moot point. Briles won't be hired here.

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2016, 11:29 AM
I'm willing to take the chance that you'll come back around right about the time we beat Bama and lock in our first SEC Championship appearance with Briles. You say you'll leave us but whatcha gonna do when your love for MSU and you are watching Briles destroy every accomplishment Dan achieved here? You'll be back.

No, I wouldn't. The man enabled rapists. Notice that word is plural. You obviously don't care. What if it had been your daughter?

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2016, 11:31 AM
It's a moot point. Briles won't be hired here.

It is absolutely a moot point.

GreenheadDawg
09-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Same here.

I can look past a lot of things but that is not one of them. What he did is unforgivable. Especially for a man with daughters, he should be in a hole somewhere dying of shame

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 11:35 AM
No, I wouldn't. The man enabled rapists. Notice that word is plural. You obviously don't care. What if it had been your daughter?

We live in a country that's judicial system's foundation is based on "innocent till proven guilty". If that's good enough for LSU, Auburn, Old Misses and Tennessee then it's good enough for MSU.

Really Clark?
09-06-2016, 11:43 AM

This is all just hypothetical because he is not coming here. But I won't commit personally or financially if we hire Briles this year. When you had another head coach basically call this man a liar over a rapist in the media, you knew there was a major issue and his program didn't look good. A year or so later it was proven his program had major moral issues. There would be more than one booster absolutely bail on the program. His coaching ability does not override his abhorrent behavior.

Really Clark?
09-06-2016, 11:46 AM
We live in a country that's judicial system's foundation is based on "innocent till proven guilty". If that's good enough for LSU, Auburn, Old Misses and Tennessee then it's good enough for MSU.

He has been found guilty. Where have you been. And Who have they hired with his type of baggage? And spectating that they will hire him doesn't make it true.

Percho
09-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Why even the name, "Briles," because he is a great coach without a job? If he had a job could we hire him away from it? Pick another great coach and we will talk.

fader2103
09-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Would y'all hire his son?

Commercecomet24
09-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Could not support the hire of Briles, no way, no how! He's in the same group as Paterno. Briles should be in jail. The man covered up multiple instances of rape and who knows what else. The man is absolute scum. I'm also betting whoever hires Briles better walk the straight and narrow cause I could see the NCAA giving that school a proctological exam worse than the bears are getting.

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Why even the name, "Briles," because he is a great coach without a job? If he had a job could we hire him away from it? Pick another great coach and we will talk.

1. He's better than Mullen
2. He steps on throats and wants to win by 70 every game
3. He will be extremely motivated
4. He will get hired by LSU or Auburn if we don't hire him
5. He won't lose to Bucky Freezus
6. He won't be 1-17 vs Bama and LSU.

the59dawg
09-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Re: balls,,,
I don't know....the General had some big enough to hire Sherrill in spite of Templeton. Keenum has come thru with Mullen and Howland w/o giving everyone a vote. The cigar boyz are still around. The moral issue with Briles might be more than anyone in MSU can step up to, but the Boyz are still alive and kicking, Howland being the most recent activity in that area. Maybe the scumbags up the road could get him to replace freezus.

SaintDawg
09-06-2016, 12:14 PM
If we lose to South Carolina I think we should fire Mullen and sign Briles immediately for $5 mill a year and have him coaching week 3. I'd rather dance with the devil and win big than get ass pounded by the devil every single season.

Even if this did happen, do you think he or any other coach in the nation could just waltz into Starkville, flip a switch, and we start winning all of a sudden? A new coach is only a small, but important part of the answers that we need. It's going to be worse before it gets better.

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2016, 12:15 PM
1. He's better than Mullen
2. He steps on throats and wants to win by 70 every game
3. He will be extremely motivated
4. He will get hired by LSU or Auburn if we don't hire him
5. He won't lose to Bucky Freezus
6. He won't be 1-17 vs Bama and LSU.
So if you had a daughter on campus would you still want to hire him?

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 12:22 PM
So if you had a daughter on campus would you still want to hire him?

Yes. My daughter will know how to defend herself and will be smart enough not to put herself in bad situations. Plus Liam Neeson will be her Siamese twin.

blacklistedbully
09-06-2016, 12:23 PM

This. Frankly, I'm embarrassed any of our fans would support a move to Briles. If we hired that POS I'd disassociate myself from MSU.

There are things more important than winning football games. This is one of them. Anyone who thinks otherwise is supporting the wrong school and would fit in better with the one up north.

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Even if this did happen, do you think he or any other coach in the nation could just waltz into Starkville, flip a switch, and we start winning all of a sudden? A new coach is only a small, but important part of the answers that we need. It's going to be worse before it gets better.

Briles will still get us to a bowl game even with an 0-2 start and zero practice time with his new team.

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 12:27 PM
If we hired that POS I'd disassociate myself from MSU.

Pinky swear

NCDawg
09-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Re: balls,,,
I don't know....the General had some big enough to hire Sherrill in spite of Templeton. Keenum has come thru with Mullen and Howland w/o giving everyone a vote. The cigar boyz are still around. The moral issue with Briles might be more than anyone in MSU can step up to, but the Boyz are still alive and kicking, Howland being the most recent activity in that area. Maybe the scumbags up the road could get him to replace freezus.

Wonder how the "cigar boys" would feel about Orgeron or Petrino. Orgeron is a known great recruiter, which is what we obviously need.

GTHOM
09-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Take the wins. Take Briles. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. I love all the people on here who will say ''why arent we doing what OM is doing!!??'' (Even though they've only won one more game than us over the last 2 years while cheating their asses off while we didnt...) If we get Briles, we will leave OM in the dust after the NCAA rails them out.

GTHOM
09-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Would y'all hire his son?

He's gonna have to be an OC another year or so before he gets a shot. He's done a good job but now is the test. Can he do it without his dad and do it under a lot of adversity?? If Baylors offense is still rolling this year he will get a shot at a big school

Sacrifice
09-06-2016, 12:35 PM
All I know is we better get our sh!t together because LSU and Auburn will make big time hires and we'll just fall futher behind than we already are

SaintDawg
09-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Briles will still get us to a bowl game even with an 0-2 start and zero practice time with his new team.
I'd have to see it to believe it. That's a VERY bold statement.

Leroy Jenkins
09-06-2016, 01:15 PM
In the south, many times, mamma makes the decisions. Seems easy for me to imagine the negative recruiting that would be used against Briles. "Mam, do yo want your son playing for a man who protects serial rapists? Is that a good role model" Women take that stuff seriously.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-06-2016, 01:18 PM
In the south, many times, mamma makes the decisions. Seems easy for me to imagine the negative recruiting that would be used against Briles. "Mam, do yo want your son playing for a man who protects serial rapists? Is that a good role model" Women take that stuff seriously.

Any worse than a team that celebrates confederate heritage?

Mjoelner34
09-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Any worse than a team that celebrates confederate heritage?

A bag full of green and white portraits of Lincoln will make people forget about confederate heritage.

Op4isabitch
09-06-2016, 01:24 PM

I think it would be worth it, he'll they talk bad about us already, I really don't care anymore what the media says!

Leroy Jenkins
09-06-2016, 01:26 PM
A bag full of green and white portraits of Lincoln will make people forget about confederate heritage.

$5 Bills? I would think it takes more than that.

blacklistedbully
09-06-2016, 01:34 PM
I think it would be worth it, he'll they talk bad about us already, I really don't care anymore what the media says!

**** what the media says. We'd be the worst kind of sellout if we took a sack of shit like Briles. We're talking character and integrity here.

That matters to me, and I like to think it matters a great deal more to the vast majority of State fans than it does OM fans. I like to think that's one of the most important ways we differ from those morons up north.

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 01:36 PM

True we will lose out on some recruits but we will gain a talent pool 10x the size of the current one we have to select players from. Art Briles just coached 36 consecutive seasons in Texas. He has more ties in that state than Mullen could ever dream about.

Jack Lambert
09-06-2016, 01:40 PM
NO. Briles shouldn't ever be allowed to coach again. I do not want him at MSU.

Damn right. I got a daughter that might end up at state but if that son of a bitch is the coach she will pay her own damn way. I will not let my daughter be in danger of some ****ing ass hole football player whose coach turns a blind eye to his player raping students and that **** head Butch Jones needs a ass whipping as well. **** Baylor and **** Tenn.

Mjoelner34
09-06-2016, 01:42 PM
$5 Bills? I would think it takes more than that.

Depends on how big the bag is.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-06-2016, 01:43 PM
I have to agree with you on this one. Unfortunately it will never happen with our soft ass administration.

Really Clark?
09-06-2016, 01:45 PM
True we will lose out on some recruits but we will gain a talent pool 10x the size of the current one we have to select players from. Art Briles just coached 36 consecutive seasons in Texas. He has more ties in that state than Mullen could ever dream about.

Briles recruiting rankings are worse than Mullen's. And he was in the state of Texas recruiting Texas. I wouldn't count on him making big time pulls from Texas.

Oh it's still a hard no he shouldn't even be given an interview.

blacklistedbully
09-06-2016, 01:45 PM
I have to agree with you on this one. Unfortunately it will never happen with our soft ass administration.

It will never happen as long as people with honor and integrity lead our university. One of the things that makes me proud to be an MSU alum is the fact we have a high-character man like Dr. Keenum running the show.

basedog
09-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Briles will never be a serious candidate at Lsu, my buddies down there have discussed this topic and it will never happen.

Where ever he goes IF he gets another job, he will be a marked man and I'm not sure he is as tough as a JWS when the heat is from the press.

Really Clark?
09-06-2016, 01:48 PM

He had his staff confront and intimidate victims to keep this players eligible and to win a damn football game. The NCAA still may get involved and hammer him down the road. The state is still investigating or deciding to, if I remember correctly.

AusTexDawg
09-06-2016, 02:22 PM
For the record - Art Briles shouldn't be our coach because his priorities are way out of whack and I don't want Starkville to turn into an open-air Parchman East.

Having said that, Briles is a great X's and O's coach; however, as some of you have noted, this is one key component of his success: there are 17 million people who live within 3 hours of Waco, Texas, and Baylor is located on the main interstate running through the area. Before he was at Baylor, he was at Houston - recruiting a metropolitan area with as many people as the entire state of Mississippi.

Maybe Briles could have success at LSU, but probably less so at Auburn or State due to the more difficult recruiting terrain (location and competition).

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Briles recruiting rankings are worse than Mullen's. And he was in the state of Texas recruiting Texas. I wouldn't count on him making big time pulls from Texas.

Oh it's still a hard no he shouldn't even be given an interview.

Than how much better of a coach is he to do what he did with worse players than Mullen

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Yes. My daughter will know how to defend herself and will be smart enough not to put herself in bad situations. Plus Liam Neeson will be her Siamese twin.

Holy crap. Unreal.

Really Clark?
09-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Than how much better of a coach is he to do what he did with worse players than Mullen

He is a good coach. Not saying he is not. It took him a little longer to get Baylor going than it took Dan here all the while Mullen had a much tougher strength of schedule. Mullen had more wins than Briles his first 5 years than Briles did his first five. Baylor's SOS the last 3 years was not over 55th in the country. You have to factor in a weaker conference with what he has been able to do. After 7 years Briles record was 55-34 in a weaker conference. Dan's 55-35. Who faced the more difficult task of opposing defenses during their time? All that plays into what each has accomplished. I actually think Briles is the more consistant X's & O's coach as far as an offensive. I know that Dan runs circles around him in running a program

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-06-2016, 03:16 PM
So if your administration has integrity and honor you will never achieve high goals in football? BS. You think all the elite programs in America are corrupt as OM? Nope.

Quaoarsking
09-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Let's not forget that one of the main reasons Briles was so successful at Baylor is because he literally recruited a bunch of rapists that other schools wouldn't allow on their teams, covered up their continued crime sprees, and won with them.

IF he ever gets another job, he won't be able to use that strategy again and probably won't be as successful.

Let's also remember that he's not only unrepentant for his crimes at Baylor, he outright denies that what he did was wrong.

PMDawg
09-06-2016, 04:23 PM

Take whatever chance you want. You're wrong.

PMDawg
09-06-2016, 04:28 PM
D61 - I give you an F for Morals and an F for brains. But you get an A+ in trolling. Nice job.

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 04:38 PM
D61 - I give you an F for Morals and an F for brains. But you get an A+ in trolling. Nice job.

Not trolling. I want Briles. I want a better POS than Old Misses has and I don't want him skull****ing us as the LSU or Auburn coach.