PDA

View Full Version : Simply put, we're going to learn alot about Mullen in 5 days..

justwin
09-06-2016, 09:08 AM
Either he goes with his best QB, Fitz, coupled with all of those young, dynamic RBs to win

OR

He remains stubborn and his time here becomes limited to a few more games.

That simple

There was a graphic during last night?s telecast that showed multiple FR qbs coming in and having huge impacts this past weekend for TX, Bama, FSU, UGA, etc. All of which have the same physical measurables as Fitz. Give Fitz the whole game and don?t look back. 6?5? 240; above avg runner; above avg arm strength & most importantly, you have him for the next 36 games. Go with him & don?t look back! Don?t over think it. Fitz will improve.

All Mullen did all summer/fall was create doubt in Fitz?s head saying ?wait til see how the perfrom under the lights? b/s?..all that line was an excuse for Mullen to play his upperclassmen, DW, which is what he wanted to do all along. But yeah, we were able to win the participation award again vs USA.

We?re all ready to see Fitz & Aeris & Nick Gibson & Murphy & Lees? debut.

msujan
09-06-2016, 10:52 AM
What Mullen did was dangle a carrot in front of Fitz to motivate him to study the playbook, spend time in the film room, avoid certain unhealthy social situations, etc. Did it work? Who knows, but such an inauspicious start by the kid was unexpected and Damian got the ball. Until our QBs use the Prescott and Kelly models and immerse themselves into the GAMES by breathing, eating, dreaming football, they won't progress at an acceptable pace and we'll never get over the hump to the land of championships and rings. We need STUDENT/athletes - students *on* the field as well as off. Bring back curfews, jock dorms, mandatory study sessions, whatever it takes to get them to wake up and smell the coffee. Discipline and structure work. Use them! No more arrests/headlines! No more suspensions! Make an example of someone and scare the crap out of these kids!

I spend too much money and devote too much time to watching these kids play a game to which they've given less than their best. I expect more for my entertainment dollar, and when I hear a player is screwing up and not preparing, I am incensed. And some of the other players who work hard are, too

Off my soapbox.

Dolphus Raymond
09-06-2016, 11:59 AM
We are a better team than USA and lost to them. We are a better team than USC and should we lose, I hope to hear that we have called a press conference for Monday morning. That being said, I expect us to win.

TrapGame
09-06-2016, 12:13 PM
We already know enough about Mullen. But is he going to cut the shit and actually find some fire and coach?