PDA

View Full Version : Put yourself in Mullen's shorts

bulldogcountry1
09-06-2016, 08:15 AM
As I watched UM's young talent show out in the first half last night, I got to thinking. How would I feel if I were Mullen? Here's a guy who been told to recruit honestly against a team who has been buying players. He's waited 3 years for there to be some sort of consequences so things can balance out a bit, but nothing has happened. UM has a top 15 team, and we are the ones struggling to stay afloat. It just doesn't seem fair.

While I have never cared for Mullen's arrogant, stubborn ways, I can totally see why he's ready to get out. He's tired of seeing the program being handcuffed while the thief next door continues to steal from him and others in broad daylight. We keep hearing about how the thief is going to get busted, but he still has our stuff. Are we supposed to continue to thrive without it?

BossDawg
09-06-2016, 08:17 AM
"Put yourself in Mullen's shorts."

Hahaha literal lol on that one.

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2016, 08:23 AM
As I watched UM's young talent show out in the first half last night, I got to thinking. How would I feel if I were Mullen? Here's a guy who been told to recruit honestly against a team who has been buying players. He's waited 3 years for there to be some sort of consequences so things can balance out a bit, but nothing has happened. UM has a top 15 team, and we are the ones struggling to stay afloat. It just doesn't seem fair.

While I have never cared for Mullen's arrogant, stubborn ways, I can totally see why he's ready to get out. He's tired of seeing the program being handcuffed while the thief next door continues to steal from him and others in broad daylight. We keep hearing about how the thief is going to get busted, but he still has our stuff. Are we supposed to continue to thrive without it?

There is no way that it hasn't had an effect, esp the way UM doubled down on it this past year while the NCAA was still investigating. If the NCAA allows them to have a great year this year while not doing anything the Confederates won't be the only ones openly cheating.

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2016, 08:26 AM

While that may be true, he is not optimizing the talent he has been able to get. I understand wanting to reward loyalty and tenure and why he gives seniors starts and more playing time, but this is a cut throat game and you don't rise to the top by not putting your best talent out there. He needs to be trying his best to set us up to be the most attractive option to recruits. All TSUN getting hammered does is take away one competitor. It does nothing to Alabama, LSU, or Auburn who also recruit right in our own backyard. TSUN not getting the death penalty yet is no reason to mail in game after game because your'e stubborn and trying to prove you are right about everything.

BB30
09-06-2016, 08:40 AM
My thoughts are that one if I am a recruit and am trying to decide between State, LSU, Ole Miss and Bama, do I want to play against a Sun Belt team on opening weekend at 11 AM or play against a real team prime time? It is simple yes, Ole Miss has cheated more so than most programs and will get theirs but they are not our only problem nor would I say our main problem. I mean Alabama started a true frosh at QB and some other young guys. LSU had some young guys on D, and even Auburn's defense which is quite salty had a bunch of young guys playing in big games. Our biggest problem is ourselves not the team to the north. If Dan is honestly worried about Ole Miss and what they are doing then there are some much bigger issues in our program. It is one thing for our fans not that I agree with it, to complain and whine about Ole Miss but it is another if our head coach is worried about them and what they are doing.Your just creating an excuse for why poor ole Miss State is not good. Life isn't fair point blank. We either have to accept that and handle what we can control which is coaching, scheme, recruiting and putting the best players in the best situation to have success. We can't worry about what others are doing or you will get left in the dust.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2016, 08:40 AM
"Put yourself in Mullen's shorts."

Hahaha literal lol on that one.

#shortsquad16

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/199/789/4789199.jpg

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2016, 08:43 AM

I've long felt this same way, but I'm not sure what the answer is. It's a damned if you do, damned if don't situation.

I do know that when he Redmond thing went down, Keenum basically read Mullen the riot act & told him if something like that happened again, he would be fired.

Trying to play it clean in the SEC is a difficult spot to be in unless your one of two or three programs. It's a rigged system that I believe either forces good people to cheat or get fired.

Dawgtini
09-06-2016, 08:47 AM

I agree.
Also, sight hijack (and not directed at you per se), what is the problem with Mullen and staff wearing shorts? I didn't have the slightest issue with it, but a lot of posters on this board and others are making a big deal about it.

msstate7
09-06-2016, 08:50 AM
I agree.
Also, sight hijack (and not directed at you per se), what is the problem with Mullen and staff wearing shorts? I didn't have the slightest issue with it, but a lot of posters on this board and others are making a big deal about it.

We lost...

Dawgtini
09-06-2016, 08:52 AM
My thoughts are that one if I am a recruit and am trying to decide between State, LSU, Ole Miss and Bama, do I want to play against a Sun Belt team on opening weekend at 11 AM or play against a real team prime time? It is simple yes, Ole Miss has cheated more so than most programs and will get theirs but they are not our only problem nor would I say our main problem. I mean Alabama started a true frosh at QB and some other young guys. LSU had some young guys on D, and even Auburn's defense which is quite salty had a bunch of young guys playing in big games. Our biggest problem is ourselves not the team to the north. If Dan is honestly worried about Ole Miss and what they are doing then there are some much bigger issues in our program. It is one thing for our fans not that I agree with it, to complain and whine about Ole Miss but it is another if our head coach is worried about them and what they are doing.Your just creating an excuse for why poor ole Miss State is not good. Life isn't fair point blank. We either have to accept that and handle what we can control which is coaching, scheme, recruiting and putting the best players in the best situation to have success. We can't worry about what others are doing or you will get left in the dust.

But BEAR in mind, those other schools do not make it their mission in life to insure that not only do they do what is necessary to get the recruits they want, but also pay what is necessary to make sure we do not get them. This is the biggest issue with the douches up north. They have taken "inducements" to a whole new level....both to acquire talent and to prevent us from acquiring talent.

Dawgtini
09-06-2016, 08:53 AM
We lost...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to msstate7 again.

Op4isabitch
09-06-2016, 08:53 AM
I have zero issue with the staff wearing shorts! I have a huge issue with them wearing girls panties underneath those shorts though.

BB30
09-06-2016, 09:00 AM
But BEAR in mind, those other schools do not make it their mission in life to insure that not only do they do what is necessary to get the recruits they want, but also pay what is necessary to make sure we do not get them. This is the biggest issue with the douches up north. The have taken "inducements" to a whole new level....both to acquire talent and to prevent us from acquiring talent.

Ok, and what can we do about it... absolutely nothing other than bitch and complain. What we can do is coach our guys up better, play our talented kids when they are ready and go out and get a W.

justwin
09-06-2016, 09:15 AM

It's simple. If Mullen plays his best players a majority of the time, it's a nonissue. Until this year, he has lost one big close game / year that is due to him not playing his best players all year.

For the life of me, I still can't understand why Lee & Aeris didn't play a bunch last year first game vs USM to propel them for remainder of year.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-06-2016, 09:24 AM
I've long felt this same way, but I'm not sure what the answer is. It's a damned if you do, damned if don't situation.

I do know that when he Redmond thing went down, Keenum basically read Mullen the riot act & told him if something like that happened again, he would be fired.

Trying to play it clean in the SEC is a difficult spot to be in unless your one of two or three programs. It's a rigged system that I believe either forces good people to cheat or get fired.

Remind me...how did we get caught?

Dawgtini
09-06-2016, 10:26 AM

Exactly. Those guys don't just cheat to win, they cheat to prevent us from having success, as I posted above.

bulldogcountry1
09-06-2016, 10:27 AM
I agree.

Basically, I don't care that much strictly about shorts. But, I do think the HC should separate himself from the rest of the staff so he can demand respect and attention. It's hard to exhibit leadership when you look just like a bloodied waterboy.

Original48
09-06-2016, 10:43 AM
I agree.
I thought it was kinda disrespectful to the other team. Looked like Mullen and crew were at a scrimmage. I remember Dale Brown and his staff strolling into The Hump in track suits with Chris Jackson, Shaquille and Stanley Roberts in tow. I thought that was disrespectful to us as well. And LSU suffered the same fate.

the59dawg
09-06-2016, 12:40 PM

Re: Redmond
Remind me also...how did we get caught?

Dawgface
09-06-2016, 12:47 PM
We lost...

It was the cap. Go back to the visor.

Leroy Jenkins
09-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Who wears short shorts?

It_Could_Happen
09-06-2016, 12:57 PM
I agree.

Would you wear shorts to your job? I don't know about you but if I walked in a meeting with a client in shorts I would be fired.

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Mullen didn't only get burned by the NCAA for the Redmond deal he also gut burnt by Cam & Auburn. He's scared shitless of the NCAA at this point which is a good thing for his shorts.