PDA

View Full Version : Mullen got a reprieve

msstate7
09-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Losing to USA was about as bad as it can get; but if you couple it with an om win over a top 5 team, the pressure on Mullen would be unbearable (pun intended). Mullen has to take advantage of it and get a win Saturday now. No excuses, Mullen has to beat South Carolina.

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2016, 07:03 AM
Not only does he need to win, he needs to win convincingly. This needs to be a game he finds a way to have put away early 3rd quarter at the latest. If he lets another bad team hang around the sense of doom and foreboding will be palpable in the stadium. If he wants to try and wash the bad taste out of everyone's mouth that is that embarrassment from Saturday he has to end things quickly this Saturday.

TNDawg35
09-06-2016, 07:05 AM
We are either gonna come out our same ole "Well lets get this over with" game plan or we will come out on fire and beat the dogshit out of SC. I hope for all of our sakes, especially *******, it's the latter of the two.

Is anyone else sitting this morning still pissed and keep saying to their self, "17IN SOUTH ALABAMA?"

Coursesuper
09-06-2016, 07:07 AM
No. How does UMN losing have a damn thing to do with us? We lost at home to a sun belt team, let that sink in.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-06-2016, 07:17 AM
It doesn't make me feel any better about the loss but you are right it will help him a little. If we lose to South Carolina I am done with Mullen completely.

Dawgface
09-06-2016, 07:18 AM
Even if we win by 3 TD's that doesn't change a thing. People will just say SC sucks too. He has to win this game and beat somebody considered to be decent to ease my pain. Not going to happen.

msstate7
09-06-2016, 07:19 AM
No. How does UMN losing have a damn thing to do with us? We lost at home to a sun belt team, let that sink in.

Make no mistake, Mullen has put himself squarely on the hot seat. If om would've won though, the hot seat would've gotten hotter exponentially. Mullen can move it to warm again with a win Saturday though

msstate7
09-06-2016, 07:22 AM
It doesn't make me feel any better about the loss but you are right it will help him a little. If we lose to South Carolina I am done with Mullen completely.

I think this is where every reasonable state fan is. Some will never forgive Mullen for a terrible loss, but most will give him a mulligan if he can get it turned around

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-06-2016, 07:30 AM
Stricklin being radio silent on Twitter makes me a little hopeful that we will have a quick hook with Mullen. Really reaching for something to be optimistic about.

Dawg for life
09-06-2016, 07:31 AM
How does Ole Miss losing have anything to do with ******* job. That is whats wrong now. To Hell with Ole Miss and what they do.

fmbdawg17
09-06-2016, 07:33 AM
We are either gonna come out our same ole "Well lets get this over with" game plan or we will come out on fire and beat the dogshit out of SC. I hope for all of our sakes, especially *******, it's the latter of the two.

Is anyone else sitting this morning still pissed and keep saying to their self, "17IN SOUTH ALABAMA?"

Yes. We lost to South Alabama. Not Florida State, not Wisconsin, not Clemson, not Southern Miss, not even Appalachian State at the top of the Sunbelt. SOUTH. ALABAMA.

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2016, 07:35 AM
Yes, this was a terrible loss. And I think most of us know that happens from time to time. College football has been littered with huge upsets. Speaking only for myself, I am not so much upset THAT we lost as I am in HOW we lost. If it was just a case of us coming out with a good game plan and our best players out there giving their all and it just being one of those App State/Michigan days, then so be it. Yes it sucks and yes I'd be pissed, but I'd get over it. But when we lost to a clearly inferior opponent because the best players never see the field and the playcalling is crap at best then that is a whole different ball of wax. We lost because our best QB and RB's rode the pine. We lost because we asked the ones that were playing to do things they were not capable of doing. We lost because our secondary couldn't cover an old woman on a walker. Now whether that is due to playing 10 yards off the line and a zone so soft the bear from the snuggle commercials was jealous, because our secondary just sucks, our best players on defense weren't playing, or a combination of the three is up for debate. I just know I put this loss about 85% on the people wearing shorts on the sideline. It still pisses me off that this long into his tenure, we can't field an OL that can win in the trenches against sunbelt backups. That is absolutely beyond pathetic.

Gutter Cobreh
09-06-2016, 07:46 AM

Yes, yes, and yes!!!! I'm still hopeful that we right the ship against South Carolina, but at this point I'm not confident. Hopeful, just not confident.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-06-2016, 07:53 AM

I'm actually laughing about the loss now. Losing was just icing on the cake, shorts and Dam Williams. Hey, Fitz needs to pay homage to the XFL and wear he hate me on the back of his jersey next week.

Bothrops
09-06-2016, 08:01 AM
Will we have a QB that's ready enough to win?

Do we have a team that understands how important it is to win the 4th quarter?

msstate7
09-06-2016, 08:05 AM

We will or we'll be looking for a new coach soon

TNDawg35
09-06-2016, 08:38 AM

I think we have 2 that could win. Problem is that Mullen didnt play one and the one he did play, well, he set him up to fail and then tossed him aside. I feel he had absolutely no intentions of bringing him back in...

Dallas_Dawg
09-06-2016, 08:39 AM
The Egg Bowl is going to be worse than Croom's last one.
Strick ain't gonna have a choice like Byrne didn't.
Their pass rush and receivers are going to kill us

Todd4State
09-06-2016, 09:00 AM

From what I understand Byrne didn't exactly have to be pushed to make that choice.

msstate7
09-06-2016, 09:03 AM

If we played today, we'd certainly be destroyed. I have no confidence we can beat them, but it is a long season and crazy things can happen.