PDA

View Full Version : I'm doubling down just for the hell of it

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2016, 06:51 AM
I said in a thread last night that there was only one good coach in Orlando last night. Some agreed with me and some disagreed, but I think that second half implosion showed that Bucky is not a good coach. At best, he's a decent manager of hired guns. He has the good used car salesman/tent revival preacher semantics down and can rile up the team for a fast start, but the first time they get kicked in the nuts and face some real adversity he is done. He can't get the team to fight through the adversity and make adjustments. No way a team that is supposedly as good as they were claimed to be should blow a 22 point lead. The reason they did is they are not that good and that starts with the coaching staff.

Yes, for the bears lurking on here, your team did beat us the last two seasons, but that is much more an indictment on our staff than it is an accolade for yours. Once things started going to hell for TSUN last night Bucky just looked clueless on the sideline. All he could do was stand there and fiddle with his headset mic and have that WTF is going on look on his face. If the bubble screen is ineffective and Engram is covered that offense is lost. The defense just carved up for over 400 yards passing by a true freshman in his first college game. TSUN was selling out to stop the run game and never could adjust to being shredded through the air. Another big loss like this one and I am betting the team implodes and just quits on the right reverend freeze.

Dawgface
09-06-2016, 07:00 AM
Hope you're right. They look like they could win a lot of games too.

TNDawg35
09-06-2016, 07:01 AM
I agree with everything you stated. Well said. NM has hardly no depth. I went to bed last night at halftime and told my wife it was going to be a diff game that 2nd half. NM will get gassed easily and like you said, without Engram, that offense is lost. All it would take is a good d line to get pressure and have the corners play tight man to man. Bamas D hardly ever rushed more than the 4 linemen the other night and was constantly in the back field. Think what they will do to NM. Kelley had, I believe, 3 picks but should have been 4. The ball in the endzone to make the score 14-3 should have been picked but instead it was batted up and I think Metcalf or someone caught it for a TD. NM isnt half as good as they think they are. They will struggle down the stretch...

Dawg for life
09-06-2016, 07:41 AM
Ole Miss got exposed in the second half and never adjusted. That was a case of being out coached in the second half. Freeze biggest problem is he never has plan B. If what he does quits working he is lost on how to counter it. Alabama will rush their front 4, drop linebackers underneath and play their safeties over the top. Their corners will play tight and Kelly will be sacked at least five times

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Ole Miss is a 9 win team. They'll lose to Bama and then cough up one more randomly. They are a good team but not elite.

Problem for them is that they needed to be elite this year because the gig is up and the program is about to get nuked. 9 win seasons are great if your building program, but they aren't. Their program is about to be destroyed. They really needed a championship this year to make the cheating worth it.