PDA

View Full Version : Explosion of Coaching Support Staff....

TUSK
09-06-2016, 01:10 AM
this subject has been broached here a couple of times, so I thought I'd share.... it's crazy, IMO....

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17164115/alabama-crimson-tide-nick-saban-lead-revolution-size-college-football-coaching-staffs

msbulldog
09-06-2016, 06:16 AM
Sounds like (as usual) we're behind the curve.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2016, 07:02 AM
This is so silly and a waste of money. That's like hiring a guy to buy the light bulb, another guy to grab the latter, and another to screw the damn thing in.

However, if does make gigantic programs almost too big to fail and further manopolizes the sport to 10 or so programs.

If we can afford all this, let's just pay the players and have a draft. This is excess

Statecoachingblows**
09-06-2016, 07:16 AM
Is it common to hire a guy once the season starts? Don't really recall coaching hires being the norm once the season is underway. Maybe it is, just not something I really remember happening

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-06-2016, 07:43 AM
this subject has been broached here a couple of times, so I thought I'd share.... it's crazy, IMO....

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17164115/alabama-crimson-tide-nick-saban-lead-revolution-size-college-football-coaching-staffs

Subtle brag, bro...

From a MSU perspective...I like this quote the most"If you're not willing to evolve and you get comfortable in what you're doing, then you get passed by." -McElwain

AusTexDawg
09-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Even for the few schools where the Athletic Dept actually makes a profit (like Alabama and Texas), it's ridiculous that athletic departments can have this kind of overhead at a time when the budgets of public universities are under significant stress. If it were up to me, I would find a way to limit the number of non-football staff associated with the football program and see about getting Congress to pass anti-trust legislation so public schools can collectively limit what they their coaches.